Kissing In the Snow

Not Such A Bad Boy

Beep beep beep!

You woke up to the sound of your alarm clock ringing. “Ugh I hate Mondays and I hate going to school,” you grumbled as you sat up. Then you realized…*Today’s Christmas Eve! Wait a minute…We’re on break which means: NO SCHOOL. Yay!* Your face brightened. A few minutes later, after you washed and changed, you walked downstairs into the kitchen to greet your aunt. However, she wasn’t there. *Hmm where’d she go?* As you dragged your slippers towards the refrigerator to get something to drink, you noticed that a note was stuck onto it.

__ah~
I left early this morning to help volunteer at church. I was going to ask if you wanted to come with me, but I figured that you’d rather spend time with your friends on Christmas. I’ll be back around midnight. I’m allowing you to stay out until 12:30AM today, okay? (Because you
complained and wanted 30 minutes added to your curfew.) Have fun!

-Aunt Hyejung


You chuckled. “Thirty minutes isn’t a lot, but I guess it still makes a difference.” You sighed. “I don’t even have anyone to hang out with today.” Haneul had told you that she was going on a date with Rokhyun of course. And the other 100% guys were either hanging out with their families or going on a date. Suddenly, just as if on cue, your phone rang. The caller was Jonghwan. A smile appeared on your face as you quickly answered it. “Yeobosaeyo?”

“Hey ___,” Jonghwan answered. “Do you want to go on a date with me tonight?”

Your eyes widened in surprise. “A d-date?”

You could hear Jonghwan awkwardly clearing his throat. “Um, yeah. If you’re available.”

“I definitely am!” you answered, smiling.

You could hear Jonghwan laughing from the other line. “Alright then. Is there a place you want to go?”

“Do you want to hang out in Hongdae?” you asked.

“Sure,” Jonghwan replied.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Haneul squealed when you called to tell her about the supposed “date.” “Oh my gosh! Let me help you get dressed for it!” she exclaimed.

“Haneul, I’m completely capable of picking my own clothes to wear,” you stated.

“But Rokhyun isn’t picking me up until 8PM. I have nothing else to do anyway,” she whined.

“Fine,” you easily gave in.

Around 7PM, Haneul arrived at your home. “Welcome back,” you joked because Haneul was at your house just the day before.

Haneul laughed along with you as you two walked to your room. “So where are you guys going?” she asked.

“Hongdae,” your replied.

“Oh. What are you guys planning to do?”

“I don’t know.”

“Where are you two going to eat?”

“Not sure yet.”

“What time is he coming again?”

“Around 8.”

“How is---”

“Haneul!” you interrupted her.

“What?” Haneul asked, obliviously.

“Please stop asking me these questions!” you practically yelled.

Haneul laughed, grinning. “Sorry. It’s just that I’m so excited for you and Jonghwan.”
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
About half an hour later, Haneul finished helping you get ready for the “date.“ It was very convenient to have Haneul living two apartment buildings away. “Have fun on your date, ___ ah!” Haneul waved as she walked into the elevator which was located right across the entrance of your apartment.

“You too!” you called just before the doors of the elevator closed. After you tried calming yourself down for what seemed like a long time, you decided that it was time to leave. On the elevator, you checked your phone for the last time to see that it was 8PM. Ding! The elevator opened. You walked outside to see Jonghwan waiting for you by the entrance. He was wearing a black jacket, blue jeans, along with a blue beanie. As you observed him, you came to realize that Jonghwan looked perfect wearing anything.

“What are you thinking so deeply about?” Jonghwan interrupted your thoughts.

You shook your head. “It’s nothing.” You linked your arm with his. “Come on, let’s go!”

Hanging with Jonghwan alone wasn’t awkward like you predicted it to be. The two of you ate ddukbokki and soondae while having enjoyable conversations and funny moments. After eating ice cream, the two of you started walking towards the park. As both of you walked together, you didn’t notice the ice on the ground and ended up slipping. You started falling, but Jonghwan immediately caught you. “Eek!” you squealed, thinking that you were going to fall onto the ice. You opened your eyes to see Jonghwan staring back at you. You coughed awkwardly. “Thanks for catching me," you said in a quiet voice, embarrassed.

Jonghwan nodded back at you. As he helped you stand up straight, he looked at you. “I have to tell you something, ___.”

You raised your head up to give him your attention. “What is it?”

“I’m not exactly sure about how you feel about me, but I’m sure about my feelings for you,” Jonghwan grabbed your hand. You could feel your face redden as your heart pounded madly inside. Jonghwan continued speaking. “I felt attracted to you since the first time we met and now, I know that I like you a lot more than as a friend. However, if you don’t want to be more than friends, I can understand that. I just wanted to let you know how I felt…So, can you answer this one question for me?” Jonghwan paused before saying the last part. “Will you be my girlfriend? 

A few seconds later, you realized that you were forgetting to breathe. As you took a deep breath, you smiled before replying, “I thought you’d never ask.”

Jonghwan returned your smile. “Thank you for accepting me, __ah.” He pulled you into his arms and gave you a warm hug. After pulling back, he looked up at the sky. The two of you hadn’t noticed before, but snow was starting to fall. Jonghwan suddenly looked back at you. “How does having our first kiss together in the snow sound?” he grinned playfully.

“Huh?” you responded, confused. But before you could say anything else, Jonghwan cupped your face with his hands and leaned in to kiss you. The kiss was soft, but passionate at the same time. At first, you felt nervous and shocked, but slowly, you wrapped your arms around Jonghwan’s waist. *Thank you Jonghwan…For asking me to be your girlfriend.*

==========================================================
[Author’s Note: Woohoo! Finally, you and Jonghwan are together :DD I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. I started writing it right after I posted chapter 5, but I became really busy because of school, so I didn‘t get the chance to finish it until today. I‘m determined to finish this fanfic though, so please continue leaving comments and I‘ll try my best to update soon! Thanks for reading~

Btw, thank you so much for leaving a lot of comments. You guys make me happy :D]

-InfiniteGirl46