Disappearing on a Birthday

Not Such A Bad Boy

~A month later~

As you walked down one of the hallways of your school, you heard a loud voice yell behind you, “___ahhhhhh!” You turned around to see Haneul running over to you. Once she got close enough, she gave you a big hug. “Happy Birthday!”

“Aww thanks, Haneul,” you smiled and looked up to see Rokhyun, who wasn’t here a second ago, standing behind her. He was out of breath. “Just got here huh?” you laughed.

Rokhyun nodded and waited a second to catch his breath. “You have no idea how excited Haneul was to see you. She almost flew into the school because she ran in so quickly.”

“Aww sorry jagiya,” Haneul kissed Rokhyun on the cheek.

“You guys are really cute together, but please, no PDA,” you said and they both laughed.

“Sorry,” they apologized together.

A minute later, the other 100% guys came in. “Happy Birthday!” each of them gave you a hug.

“Thanks guys,“ you grinned.

“Why are you so out of breath?” Jonghwan asked Rokhyun.

“Because he‘s not in shape,“ Hyukjin joked.

“Shut up,” Rokhyun glared at Hyukjin. “I didn’t see you run all the way from where I live to Haneul’s house, then to school.”

“What happened to your car?” Hyukjin asked out of confusion.

“Haneul wanted to walk to school today,” Rokhyun replied.

“And you actually listened to her?” Chanyong’s jaw dropped.

“Why are you so shocked?” Minwoo asked. “Rokhyun does everything for his girlfriend.”

“I know right? I’m a really good boyfriend, huh?“ Rokhyun put his arm around Haneul’s shoulders.

Haneul giggled, “You definitely are!”

“Eww” some of the 100% members responded to this.

“You guys are so cheesy,” Sanghoon whined.

“We are not. This is normal!” Haneul replied.

While the boys and Haneul bickered about if Rokhyun and Haneul‘s relationship was cheesy or not, Jonghwan walked over to you.

“Hey,” you greeted him with a smile.

“Hey,” Jonghwan responded. He sighed, “These kids always argue about stupid things.”

You laughed at how he called them “kids” and Jonghwan laughed along with you.

A few minutes later, you asked a question out of curiosity because the others stopped arguing. “By the way, how did you all find out that my birthday was today?” The boys looked at Haneul and pointed at her.

Haneul shrugged, “I have my sources.”

“What are the sou-” you started to ask but stopped yourself and sighed. “Never mind, I’m not going to ask,” you laughed.

Haneul stuck out her tongue at you. “I‘m not a stalker.“ 

“Sureee,“ you replied sarcastically.

“Anyway~” Haneul spoke. “Let’s hang out tonight to celebrate your birthday. It’s perfect since today’s Friday.”

The boys nodded.

“Hmm…Okay,” you agreed. “What do you want to do?”

“Let’s go clubbing,” Chanyong smirked.

“Why? So you can hit on a bunch of girls again?” Hyukjin asked, sarcastically because he hated how his friend was a player.

“Exactly!” Chanyong exclaimed, smiling, which earned him a smack on the back of his head from Jonghwan.

“Stop being a ert,” Jonghwan glared at him.

Ignoring what was happening between the two best friends, you protested against the idea of going to a club. “How are we even going to get into the club? We won’t be allowed in it!”

“Come on ___. You know that won’t stop guys like us from entering,” Changbum told you.

Haneul joined him on the persuasion. “Yeah, besides, it’s easy to blend in with other university students. We’ve been to clubs a few times and we never got caught. It’ll be fine!”

After a few minutes of talking about going to the club, you finally gave in. You sighed, “Alright.”

“Yay!” Haneul smiled.

“But this will be the first and last time that I’m entering a club before graduating high school,” you added.

“Why do you always have to follow the rules?” Chanyong complained.

The bell suddenly rang.

“Let’s talk about this later guys. I‘ll be doomed if Mrs. Park is already here,” Minwoo said quickly and ran towards the classroom.

“There goes the class president,” Chanyong sighed as the rest of you followed behind Minwoo.

------------------------------------------------
TO: Haneul
Hey~ What time are you and Rokhyun picking me up? :)
FROM: ___

You put your phone down on your table after your text when through. Beep. A few seconds later, your phone alerted you that you received a new message.

 

Haneul: Guess what? We won’t be picking you up~ Because Jonghwan will :P At 9PM

You: What? Jonghwan? :O

Haneul: Uh huh~ I asked him to pick you up since technically, he does live closer to you. And Chanyong’s already at the club so it’ll be just you and Jonghwan lol. So you can spend more time with him!

You: Okay…But omg Haneul. I’ve told you a bunch of times already! He probably thinks of me as only a friend T_T

Haneul: Psh! You don’t even know for sure though. I saw the way he looks a you. I’m sure he likes you :D

You: If you say so :P

Haneul: I know so!~

 

You chuckled at how Haneul was so confident about the possible fact that Jonghwan liked you. You checked the time. It was:

8:55PM

*I guess I’ll just wait outside.* You put your phone away and walked downstairs.

“Aunt Hyejung! I’m going to leave now,” you called out as you opened the front door.

Your aunt came out of the kitchen. “Okay, make sure you keep your phone on, just in case.”

“Nae,” you nodded.

“Alright. Have fun with your friend. Once again, Happy Birthday!” your aunt smiled.

“Thank you,” you gave her a hug. As you left the house, you felt guilty. You lied to your aunt, telling her that you were eating dinner with Haneul, karaoke-ing, and then sleeping over at her house. (You didn’t have to bring a fake bag of clothes because you and Haneul usually lent each other clothes during sleepovers.) You stood in front of the apartment building and waited for Jonghwan to come. You shivered in the cold night. As you started humming to your favorite song, a black van pulled up in front of you. *Who is that?* You were confused.

The door opened and two people wearing masks jumped out. They grabbed your arms and dragged you into the car. You were about to scream, but a hand covered your mouth with a handkerchief and you started feeling drowsy…Then your eyes closed as you felt yourself drop into the scary darkness. 

*Jonghwan…Save me…* was the last thing that was on your mind.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Author’s Note: I think this is my first actual cliffhanger lol :P Anyway~ Yay! I updated again, haha. Once again, I want to thank you guys so much for being supportive about this story. Please continue commenting (about the actual story and characters haha instead of just leaving "update"). Reading comments makes me feel happy :DD

Okay then, I’ll be back with the next chapter in a few days!~ Bye bye for now~ <3]

-InfiniteGirl46