Chapter 5

Childhood Romance.

 

At 5pm, you left for his house from yours and reached 20 minutes later. You could’ve reached earlier if not for your inability at directions.

“Knock, knock.” You knocked on the door.

No answer.

“Knock, knock, knock.” You did it again.

No answer.

“L.Joe ah, are you in there? Can you open the door for me please?” You asked politely.

The door flew open and all you saw was an angry yet weak gaze.

“Annyeong! How are you feeling? Better?” You spoke.

He just continued looking at you, giving no reply. You stared back at him with a puzzled look.

“What are you doing here? Just go.” Byunghun asked.

“Huh? Oh, I’m here to pass you your homework,” you answered while handing him the homework.

He snatched the work from your hands and said, “Alright, I’ve received those, you can go now,” and slammed the door, but you stopped it from happening.

“Hello, where’s my Thank You? And aren’t you going to invite me in for a cup of tea?” you remarked.

“Hi. Are you sure you want to come into a sick person’s house? Aren’t you afraid of getting sick as well? Well, even if you’re not, I’m not inviting you in. PLEASE leave, THANK YOU.” He stressed on those words.

“Ah, whatever. You’re sick, and I’m taking care of you.” You had no idea why those words came out from your mouth but you just barged into his house after those words were spoken.

“YA.” He shouted. “Do you just barge into someone else’s house as and when you like? Don’t you have any manners? How ca-” he stopped speaking suddenly, and a loud thud was heard.

You turned around immediately and saw him lying on the floor.

“Ya, L.Joe ah, ya, Ya, YA!!” You called out to him nervously, while slapping his face gently.

“Aish, really!” you shouted, and carried him to his bed. You had no idea where you found the strength from, you were just thankful that he wasn’t any heavier.

You tucked him in his bed and scanned his face up and down using your eyes.

“You’re handsome, you know that? If you’re sociable, I bet many girls will start going after you.” You said to his sleeping face while chuckling.

You were about to leave the room when you heard someone calling you, not by your name, but by your nickname. A nickname that only Byunghun knew.

“Jinnie-ah.” You froze.

You felt tears filling your eyes.

“Byunghun-ah!” you ran over and hugged him, “you’re Byunghun right? You’re Byunghun right?” you kept asking.

However, L.Joe just laid in bed without responding.

“I’m right, you’re Byunghun. Stop lying to me.” You said sternly, and left the room. 

A few hours later, L.Joe woke up and you acted like nothing happened.

“Hi! You’re awake. I cooked porridge for you, come over and eat it before eating your medicine.” You spoke.

“What porridge is that? I only eat f-“

“Fish porridge,” you interrupted him and smirk after you saw his shocked expression. ”I only know how to cook that.”

He sat down in front of the pot of porridge and started scooping into his bowl.

“I’m right. Byunghun only eats fish porridge, and so does L.Joe. They’re the same person.” You thought to yourself while looking at L.Joe.

After L.Joe has finished eating, he took his medicine and went back to bed. You washed the utensils and left a note before leaving.

“Although you didn’t say anything, I bet my porridge was delicious, because you finished all of it! Hiak hiak hiak. Alright, rest well, and I’ll see you tomorrow! – MinJi”

L.Joe smiled at the note after reading it.

“Babo-ya. You’re still as innocent and naïve as last time”