Chapter 1

Wrong Focus.

Finally, it’s the first day of school. I kind of forgot about how Gikwang looks like, not that I want to, but I think it’s because I kept imagining his face and thinking of him. You get what I mean. And there he was, standing in front of the classroom, where we were supposed to gather before going into the classroom. There I stood, shyly behind a couple of students behind him. We went into the classroom, and were told to sit according to a certain arrangement, so that it’ll be easier when we separate the tables for examinations. I rolled my eyes at that. There goes my chance of sitting beside him. Kim and Lee were nowhere near each other; maybe that’s the distance between the two of us as well. So here is how it goes.

1 12  13 24  25 36
2 11  14 23  26 35
3 10  15 22  27 34
4  9   16 21  28 33
5  8   17 20  29 32
6  7   18 19  30 31

“Number 15, Kim JaEun” I went to my seat quietly.

Let him be 22 please, please, please.

“Number 21, Lee Gikwang”

“.” I whispered under my breath. “So close, that was so close..”

“Number 22, Lee Minhyuk” He came to his seat and sat down.

Awkward silence.

 “Hey,” I heard someone spoke.

I turned and saw Minhyuk smiling shyly at me, “I’m Minhyuk, you?”

“Oh, hi. I’m Jaeun,” I replied while giving a small smile.

There. The awkward silence again. It seemed like he wanted to ask something, but hesitated to.

Then I heard.

“I’m Gikwang, you?”

“Jimin.”

Okay, I stopped listening. I can’t bear to. I should be the one beside him, talking to him, staring at his face. Okay, ignore the last part. I’d look like a total ert if I did that, especially the first day.