Tragedy

I Love You

 

I immediately turned away blushing. I didn`t want him to listen to me singing, especially since i`m not a good singer. Pulling out my headphones, i sighed softly as I turned to face him. Still blushing deeply, I looked at him. " What? Haven`t you ever seen someone sing to a song before? " I tried to act like it was no big deal, but the blush refused to fade. Especially with him looking at me.

" I just didn`t expect you to actually sing. " He lightly laughed. Setting down his guitar, he handed me a cup, which seemed to be filled with coffee. Bringing to my mouth, I appreciatively drank it. Watching me, Yonghwa`s lips formed a small grin as he brought his guitar up. Seemingly toning it, as though he`d been into it, he suddenly focused on nothing but his guitar. Thats when my phone rang, and breaking his concentration.

" Mian.. My eoma is calling. " Excusing myself to the corner, I answered. " Yeoboseyo? " She was already use to it, when I answered my phone, but Yonghwa seemed surprised because he stopped what he was doing. " Hm. Ne eoma? Yeoboseyo? Eoma? " I pulled the phone away from my ear for a moment to look at the screen. The call was still on, but she wasn`t saying anything. Finally I heard a few sobs. " Eoma?! " I pressed the phone into my face as I began to worry.

" D- Dolores.. Sm-Smokey.. " With those few words, she was sent into a fit of cries.

" Mom? What`s wrong with Smokey? " I tried to have her go on, but it took a few moments for her to get herself back together in order to tell me.

" Sm-okey is.. hes gone ! " He had the tenancy to run off, but she`d never cried. I sighed, irritated that she would interrupt my date for that.

" He`ll be home soon. Stop crying. He alw~ "

" HES DEAD! " She shouted as another fit of cries were let out. Staring at the wall with wide eyes, I blinked back tears. No.. He wouldn`t die. Not while I was gone. He couldn`t.

" W- What ? " I barely managed. I couldn`t take it if my Smokey died. Not while I was in a different country!

" T-This morning.. I woke up and got out of bed, and left him in there to sleep in l-like he usually do-es. B-But then I w-w-went in there a f-f-few ho-urs ag-o a-and.. and.. he was go-n-e. " She cried even more at the word. We had had Smokey since I was 13 years old. He was a very important part of our family. He was the baby. My heart was breaking at the very moment. He had died doing the thing he loved. Sleeping with mom.. I couldn`t handle it anymore, I pressed my back against the wall and slid down. Bringing my knees up, I cried so hard. I had even forgot Yonghwa was there until he kneeled in front of me. Having his eyes on me, I cried even more.

" Mom.. I`m coming home.. Don`t burry him until I get there. " I managed to say in one breathe. Hanging up, the thought of him dead in bed circled in my mind over and over. Causing me to cry even more. I held my hand to my chest, and tightened my grip on my shirt. It felt like my heart had died right along with him. Some people would think I was overreacting, but Smokey was a huge part of my family. It was just like a person dying. After a few moments, Yonghwa brought me into his arms as he tightly held onto me. He didn`t ask any questions, he just held me, trying his best to calm me. Me being an American and used to being hugged all the time, the hug was something that I needed at the moment, but he must have been uncomfortable. " M-Mianhae.. Mianhae.. " I repeated over and over as I cried more and more for what seemed like hours. Thats when I pulled back, and looked at Yonghwa. It was totally wrong for the moment, but I kissed him. I nuzzled his neck for a moment, but after that, everything went black.

Jung Yonghwa P.O.V

Staring blankly at the wall, I held her in my arms still. She had finally passed out from all the crying. But.. before she did, she actually kissed me. I wasn`t sure what to do, so I stared at the wall. Blinking, I looked down at her, as a soft blush covered my cheeks. Picking her up, I held her against me as I made my way out of the building and over to my car. Setting her down against the car, I used one arm to support her, and the other to unlock, and open the door. Setting her into the seat, I put her seat belt on, and closed the door. Scratching the back of my head, I hurried to the other side and got in. Starting the car, I pulled out my cell phone and called Amanda. " Yeoboseyo ? Amanda~sshi? This is Yonghwa. Uhm.. Dolores~sshi passed out, and i`m bringing her back to your house now. " Starting the drive to her house, I listened as she began to freak out. " I`m not sure what happened, but her mother called and something happened. I didn`t ask, but she was crying for a couple of hours and finally passed out. I wasn`t sure what to do, so I thought it would be best to take her home. " She agreed and we hung up. I was already almost at the house when Dolores` phone went off again. Embarrassed, I reached into her sweater pocket and pulled it out. " Yeoboseyo? " I answered shyly.

" Hello ? Who is this? " The voice on the other line seemed frantic. And they were speaking English. It`d been awhile since I held a real conversation in English.

" A-Ah.. This is Yonghwa, Dolores~sshi`s friend. " I attempted. My thick accent had seemed to be lighter now, but I wasn`t sure if the person could understand.

" This is Dolores` older sister. Where is she? Let me talk to her. "

" Well.. She is.. H-Hold on please. " Pulling into Amanda`s drive way, I hurried out the car and to her door. As she opened the door, I handed her the phone and explained that it was Dolores` sister. She took it and began going on in English. I`m glad I was only a little ways away when she had called, because I would be struggling to explain. I made my way back to the car and pulled Dolores out. I must have moved her too much because she woke up in that moment.

My P.O.V

I opened my eyes slowly, and the first thing I see is Yonghwa`s shoulder. " Eh.. " I brought my hand up to rub my eyes. " Y- You can put me down.. " I said softly. I felt bad for making him have to see such a scene. As he put me down, I bowed. " Mianhae Yonghwa~sshi.. I`m very embarrassed that I put you in an awkward situation again. I`m grateful for you bringing me back, and even thinking of asking me to join you today. If I come back to Korea soon, I hope we can have another day out. Also.. Thank you for making my time in Korea so fun. " Looking up, I smiled. Even though I wanted to cry so much. The fact that my baby died, and the fact that I was saying goodbye to one of my top biases.

I turned to walk away, but before I could, Yonghwa grabbed my arm. Looking back in surprise, I tilted my head. He also seemed to be surprised at his own action, and blushed lightly while looking down. Looking back, his expression became serious. " I`ll see you soon. " With that he let go, gave a quick bow, and left. I stood there, in complete shock. I wonder what he meant by that. Shrugging, I went inside.

Amanda was sitting on the couch as I walked in. As soon as I walked in she got up and attack hugged me. " Are you alright? " The question in itself brought tears into my eyes. Now that I wasn`t in Yonghwa`s presence, I finally let it all out.

" A-A-Anni ! " I cried in my Unni`s arms. I couldn`t believe my Smokey died. I stopped myself, from continuing and pulled away. " I- I have to get ready to go.. I`m going to leave my bag here, so when I return I don`t have to bring a bag, and so when I leave I wont have to pay for it and can just hurry home. " She nodded and I went to get a small bag. When I came back, I felt even worse. This wasn`t expected at all. " I already called a taxi, so you don`t have to drive me.. I just need to be alone before I go home, please understand. " I hugged her tightly.

" Hm.. I understand dongsaeng. " She hugged me tightly in return. As we forced each other out of the hug, she smiled gently. " I`ll be there late tomorrow, arraso? Wait for me too, okay? " I nodded, offering a smile. Amanda patted my back and sent me off. " Be safe ! " She yelled as I entered the car. I waved and genuinely smiled. This would be the longest short trip I would ever experience. The airport wasn`t too far from Amanda`s house, so the ride didn`t offer much space-off time. I hurried into the airport to buy a ticket right before the next flight. I was able to make it with five minutes to spare. I was also lucky enough to be sitting next to a window. Smokey loved to sit next to the windows when we were in the car.. Although, he hated when the wind blew on his ears. I still wasn`t sure why after all this time, but he didn`t like it and would shake it off as though it were water. I silently sobbed as I stared out the window. I bet he would have loved to be in a plane so he could bark at all the birds he seen in the sky. Covering my eyes, I sighed and wiped away my tears as I pulled down the shade for the window. The plane ride wasn`t as long as I hoped it would be. We had already landed in California. Since not many people traveled from Korea to Kansas, it wasn`t possible to get a ticket directly there. So I had to catch a flight from California to Kansas. Which I did with no problem. I was also lucky enough to catch a flight that was just getting ready to leave.

It felt as if as soon as I got on the plane, I was already getting off.. Why was time going by so fast? It was either really late, or really early when I got into town. I took a cab home, and was surprised when I got into the house, to see mom awake sitting in her chair. Nothing was on except the lamp next to her chair. I slowly made my way over to her. Kneeling down, I laid on her like I used to. Putting my head on her stomach, I held her hands tightly. " Eoma.. Its so quiet.. Turn on the TV on at least. " I looked up at her, and she just blankly stared off. Sighing softly, I nodded. " Arraso.. " Putting the recliner back, I put Smokey`s blanket on her. " I`m going to bed.. Its late. Either sleep there or go to bed. " Making my way to the guest room, I stopped. This room had been mine when I lived with my mom. Smokey use to scratch at the door whenever he wanted in. Touching the door nob, I silently cried. Kneeling down, I ran my fingers across the corner of door. The paint had been chipped from his nails, and we never bothered to repaint it because he would just scratch that off too. Walking into my mom`s room, I flipped on the light. At that instant, I stopped, and broke down all over again. She hadn`t even moved him. He was still laying in her bed. I threw my bag on the floor, and kicked off my shoes as I crawled over to him. He was still laying on his pillows. Usually when I would get on the bed, he would raise his head to look at me. But this time he wouldn`t, and I felt my heart breaking all over again. I sat next to him the entire night. Not even bothering to sleep. Now I understood why mom couldn`t sleep. She had also always said that she wouldn`t be able to sleep without Smokey. Not comfortably anyway.

The next day, I called the vet. We had to take him up to the hospital so she could check him out, which we did immediately, and she had told us that he`d just died of old age. She also told us where we could get him buried and agreed to help us. I could tell mom didn`t want to talk about it, so I planned everything. That night, I had waited at the airport for my Unni, who was suppose to arrive around the same time as I had. I waited for an hour longer, but it wasn`t a problem. As soon as I seen her, I felt a lot better. Just her presence made me feel better. Although, the person who was right behind her sent me into shock. My eyes went wide as they approached, and I just stared at that person. Completely surprised. I didn`t know whether to be happy or not. But I was definitely surprised.

 

 


Author Note!
I`m so sorry if I made you cry. ><
if it help`s , I cried too.. I love my dog so this was.. Hard to think of ever happening even if I know it has to.
I hope you liked it though. c:
◖❤◗ Please Comment and Subscribe!