A Silly Girl

I Love You

"I can`t believe you`re really going.. " Mom said trying to hold back tears. You don`t ever see her cry, but I was going to be a long way away from home. For at least a month at that. I knew she`d totally miss me, even if she didn`t want to come out and completely say it.

"Well its not like I didn`t warn you. All I had to do was save my money, find a place to stay, and learn the language. " I looked at her as I shrugged. This trip was so not cheap. I`m going all the way to South Korea. "I`ve been warning you since I was 15 years old." I smiled excitedly.

"I`m still going to miss you Pooh Pooh. " She hugged me tightly as she called out the old nickname. "Make sure to take care of yourself, and you better call me every freaking day!" She`d let me go and turned to keep packing my things for me.

Rolling my eyes, I laughed. "Don`t worry so much. I`ll be fine. Besides, i`m going to meet my Unni at the airport in Korea. Shes been living there for awhile now. So how about you take care of yourself, and remember not to let Stinky get too fat. It`ll be easier now that hes older and doesn`t move around so much. I love you mommy." This was our goodbye for awhile. I wanted to cry and hug my mom tightly, but i`m 22 years old now. I have to learn how to be independent no matter where I go. Besides, Amanda and i needed to go stalk our idols! Haha!

 

LATER THAT DAY ;

So everyone showed up to send me off. I feel touched that my family will miss me. My mom had planned a party without telling me. My sister, brother, nephews, nieces and n-laws came over. We ate and chit chatted for awhile. This was my last night at home, so I couldn`t help all the crazy thoughts that went through my head. That night, my sister had planned on going out with me. But when its my sister, it doesn`t stop there. This going out party included her husband, my brother and his wife, and a handful of cousins and friends.

I`d been completely surprised when my sister had bought me a brand new outfit. It fit perfectly too, which also surprised me since i`d slimmed down a bit, and my sister only liked to buy things we could share. All of us looked pretty glamorous, and so we headed out for the night.

 

EARLY THE NEXT MORNING!

THE DAY IS HERE! I was actually going to South Korea! Not only that, but i`d had so much fun the night before with my family. Believe it or not, but I kind of don`t want to go. I shrugged and started my way through the airport. I had arrived later than I wanted, and was there just in time to make my flight. This was it. My big adventure!

If you`ve ever been on an airplane before, you`d understand how being in the air can irritate someone so use to being on the ground. Plus i`m afraid of being up this high. Aha.. Nervous laughter wasn`t intended to slip, but it did. In doing such, the woman next to me smiled at me. She was an older lady. Like a grandma, she grabbed my hand. "Are you alright little lady? Nervous, aren`t you?" Her voice was a little familiar. She spoke in the same comforting tone my grandmother use to talk in when she knew I was nervous.

With a nervous smile, I nodded lightly. "I`ve only ever been on an airplane twice in my entire life." A long time ago, at that. We were already almost at the second stop. Yes, even after the first, I was still on edge. That little old lady held onto my hand tightly as she showed her pure kindness.

"I`m sure you`ll be completely fine and in one piece when you reach your destination." Tilting her head just slightly, she looked at me with curious eyes. "Where are you headed by the way?" I`d told her with pure excitement. "Thats still awhile to go than, huh? Well, i`m headed to London to be reunited with my family." Her smile faded as it seemed she went off into a deep thought. I couldn`t help but stare at her as she seemingly returned to reality. And when she did, she smiled once more. "So tell me why you`re so excited to rush off to Korea?" I told her almost everything, barly sparing a detail. We`d even spent time with each other during the second and third stop. Which she allowed me to continue my story. I was so happy that someone had asked. Not even my family had been curious enough to ask such an important detail. With a gentle slap against my hand, she had nodded as though she agreed with my reason. "Well good luck Dolores! I wish you the best. And it seems as though our adventure must end now." It was sad, but the final stop for her, was now. This was also my final stop before we finally got into Korea.

Getting off the plan with her and seeing her off, I got a little teary eyed. She was a very nice old lady. Although I had told her so much, she had told almost nothing. It made me curious to know what had happened that she was just now being reunited with her family. "Ah well.." I had whispered to myself. I made my way sleepily to the airport`s hotel. Two more days before I actually made it to Korea. For now, I would sleep soundly.

Again, early the next morning I headed to the plane. It was strange now that I didn`t have anyone to talk to. This time, i`d been seated next to a just married couple. Very awkward for me. I hadn`t been in a relationship for a couple years and now I had to be next to people kissing almost every 5 seconds. AWKWARD. After a few hours of torment, the flight attendant noticed my horrified face. Taking notice to the two, she smiled sympathetically as she made her way over. In a kind way, she`d basically told them to stop making out so freaking much or else they wouldn`t be allowed on after the stop in Korea. Speaking of which, there was such a short time until then. Turns out, i`d fallen asleep until we had to land. I was thankful for that, especially since it didn`t seem like I was asleep for very long. Stretching my legs out, I got up and exited the plane with a casual manner. I didn`t want to seem too excited to the locals. After wandering through the airport for about an hour, I finally met up with my Unni. { <3 }

{**NOTE THAT WHEN IN KOREA, NOTHING IS SPOKEN IN ENGLISH. WHEN IT IS, I WILL PUT IT IN ITALICS.}

"Hel-" I`d been hushed since i`d begun to speak English. Bitting my lip instantly, I smiled apologetically. "Sorry. I forgot.." I said slowly. I wasn`t use to speaking in Korean, especially with anyone.

"Its alright, it took me awhile to get use to speaking in Korean too." Amanda spoke almost perfectly. You could tell she`d been living in Korea for some time now. The last time I had spoken to her, she had a complete Korean dialect. I thought it was something to flip over but apparently not. "Welcome to Korea ! Lets go." She smiled wide as she embraced me tightly.

"Onward!" I say as I throw a hand in the air. Haha what a dorky move.

"What a silly girl." She said softly while patting my head. Pursing my lips, I followed her as she led me out of the airport, and into a car. This would be an awesome adventure.

 


 

Author Note!
◖❤◗ Please Comment and Subscribe!