Strength Test, Part 2

¶µx (Lux)

Song that I listened to while I wrote this chapter;

太完美 (Korean Version) - Super Junior M

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All of the groups quickly got together. They needed to pick someone for the second round now.

For the gold team Joon was going to participate. The silver team had T.O.P. participating. Team Scarlet decided that Bom was going for them. Team Hot Tamale had Dongho going. Team Sweet Pea had nominated Seohyn to go. Yoona was going for the Prime team. Lastly, the VIP team had Xander picked.

Jong looked at all of the groups and spoke up, “Alright, now everyone that was picked please step forward and I’ll let you know what you have to do this time!” He walked over to a side of the gym and stood next to a row of balls. Jong glanced down at them and then looked back up to the contestants that were going for this round. “Now, these are weights that you all have to carry while running back and forth from one side of the gym to the other. You will have to carry one for 20 minutes and you can drop out any time that you feel like you’re getting tired. Just so you know, these balls weight about 23kg each! (1) Now get ready contestants!”

Everyone who was participating in this gave a big sigh and slowly walked over the where Jong was standing. All of them stood behind one of the weights and got in position to pick it up. Yoona started muttering to herself, “Why in the world did I agree to this? It’s like torture!”

Everyone heard what she said loud and clear and began to laugh. The rest of the idols were glad that they didn’t have to compete in this, it would seem to be the hardest one.  

“Come on! You can do this Yoona!” Taeyeon yelled to her, at least she was showing her support to her team member.

After realizing that the other groups should support their own team members they all started screaming their team names.  

Jong had to stop and look at all of the teams. He walked over to them and threw his hands up in the air, “Hey! I haven’t even blown the whistle yet and you’re already cheering?! Wait a minute and then you can start cheering!”

They all stopped and looked at him for a moment before going back to cheering. Jong half-heartedly glared at them all and then put the whistle to his lips and blew it.

Now all of the contestants picked up the weight and began to run back and forth from one side of the gym to the other.  It was a lot harder than it looked. How in the world were they supposed to do this for 20 minutes?! It seemed kind of impossible…

After just five minutes had passed watching the seven people compete it was easy to see who was starting to lag behind the others. Yoona and Xander were struggling the most out of the seven and it seemed like Lee Joon seemed to be having the easiest time out of them. Maybe all of that working out he did helped him a lot..

“We’re almost to ten minutes everyone! The halfway point! This is getting exciting! We can already see who’s starting to take the lead and who’s starting to fall behind? It appears that Lee Joon, T.O.P., and Dongho are doing the best! Will they be the three to win? Or will someone else come out from behind and surprise us? In just a few more minutes we’ll find out!” Jong exclaimed from his seat on the bleachers. He was impressed that all of the idols were able to do this much of a workout without dying. They really must practice a lot to get this good.

Yoona was starting to slow down a lot more than she was before. After a few more seconds she stopped all together and was trying to catch her breath.

“Oh no!” Jung jumped up from his seat and hastily ran over to where Yoona was standing, “Yoona, dear! If you don’t start running again in the next couple of seconds you will automatically forfeit your spot and you won’t have a chance to try and get into one of the top three spots!”

Yoona looked at Jung and put the ball down on the ground. She pushed a piece of her dark brunette hair behind her ear and said, “Yeah, I can’t do this anymore. My muscles are going to be in enough pain as it is. I don’t want to over work myself or I could get seriously hurt.” She tried to cover up her exhaustion with a smile.

Jung nodded in understanding, “Of course, of course. Your health comes first. If you need to stop go ahead and have a seat on the bleachers with the rest of your team.” He motioned for her to head over to the seats and he picked up the ball that she was carrying. The face he made after trying to pick it up was priceless. Everyone who was paying attention to what he was doing burst out laughing. He obviously didn’t work out as much as the others here did. Jung struggled to carry the ball over to the bleachers. When he finally made it over there he threw it on the ground and began panting. “Well viewers, that weight was a lot heavier than I thought it would be!” He tried to make the most of what just happened by laughing it off. Talk about a punch to your pride!

He turned back to the contestants that were still running back and forth and checked the time on the stop watch. Well, it seems like we still have about 7 more minutes left in this part! And it appears that Xander and Bom are starting to slow down now! Which one of the two will stop running first?!”

Xander was having a terrible time with carrying the ball. Eventually he had to stop and he slowly carried the ball to where the one Yoona was using was placed and sat down heavily on the bleachers. Bom followed shortly after him.

“Well there go two more people! That leaves only Lee Joon, T.O.P., Dongho, and Seohyn left! We’re getting near the end everyone!”

Another minute passed and Seohyn had to give up, she couldn’t do it anymore.

“Now we have the top three people! Who will get first place? There’s only 4 minutes left!”

Dongho was dragging his feet now. After another minute or so he gave up all together and started walking to the rest of his team mates.

The only two that were left were Joon and T.O.P. Who was going to win this? It was hard to say because both were striving to be first. There was only two minutes left in the competition and now T.O.P was starting to hit the wall from all the running. He was panting and sweat was rolling down his forehead. After about another 30 seconds he couldn’t take it anymore and stopped. He could live with second place.

“And now we have it! Lee Joon gets first place for his team! With T.O.P. in second and Dongho in third place!” Jung said. He watched at the last two from the race slowly took their spots next to their team mates.

The two struggled to catch their breath and were wiping the sweat off of their heads.

Once the two were sitting down Jung put on a big smile and spoke again, “Now, there’s one more round in this competition! I’ll need each team to select one more person to go this time. And remember, it can’t be someone who’s already competed today. After this we’ll announce the teams in the lead and what’ll happen next week!”

All of the groups gave one giant sigh. They just had to complete one more round and they could go home! Hopefully every time they did this show it wouldn’t be as hard as today was. Variety shows were supposed to be fun! This was just freaking hard…

“Now, you all will have three minutes to decide on who you want to compete in this round! Good luck and make the right choice!” Jung blew a whistle and all of the groups got together to decide who was going this time.

“I’ll go for our team, “ Ji Yoon said. No one else from the gold team seemed to disagree.

Niel said he would go for the silver team. Amber was nominated for the scarlet team. Sooyoung was picked for the hot tamale team. Thunder said he wanted to go for the sweet pea team. Kibum was going for the prime team. And lastly, Luna was competing for the VIP team.

The three minutes passed by quickly and Jung blew his whistle again. “Now, I would like everyone who is competing to step forward please.” They all did so and he spoke again, “In this round each competitor will have to complete as many pull-ups and squats as possible. There’s a time limit of two minutes for each part. So try to do as many as you can in two minutes! We’ll start off with the pull ups!”

Out of nowhere a row of bars appeared. It was weird how they automatically had the items needed for these competitions just ready….

Jung stepped toward the bars and said,” Okay everyone, take your positions please! And when I blow my whistle you can jump up and begin doing as many pull-ups as you can! One team member from each team can step forward to keep track of their number as well.”

Soobini, Kat, Kiyoung, Rae, Jin, Taeyeon, and Taemin stepped behind their respective team mate to keep track. The team mates competing took their positions underneath a bar and looked up at it.

Jung put the whistle to his mouth and blew. All seven of them jumped up at the same time and began trying to complete a whole pull-up.  

The ones who stepped up to count were all counting in their own way. Soobini was saying each number with confidence and had a look of concentration on her face.

Kat stood there with her hands behind her back and counted in her head how many pull-ups Niel was doing. Her head would nod with every number that she thought.

Kiyoung stood there saying each number out loud and when she would say a new one a finger would tick the number as well. She looked like a little kid trying to count on her hands for the first time.

Rae was looking up at Amber and counting slowly out loud with every pull-up that she would complete.

Jin stood there with her arms crossed , basically unmoving and not saying a word.

Taeyeon and Taemin were counting as best they could while Kibum and Luna.
Finally the two minutes had passed and Jung blew his whistle again. “Now, the pull-up part is done! How many did everyone do?” Jung turned to the people who were counting and waited for their replies.

One by one they spoke, “Ji Yoon did 15.”

“Niel did 20.”

“Amber did 16.”

“Seoyoung did 14.”

“Thunder did 23.”

“Kibum did 36.”

“Luna did 15.”

Jung smiled, “Good! Now we have our top three so far! Niel, Thunder and Kibum with first place! Now it’s time for the squats. Will the same three get first or will someone else come and take the spot from them? Let’s find out. You’ll all have one minute to do as many as you can. When I blow the whistle a second time that means that times up. Get ready!”

The seven tried to catch their breath and got in position to do squats. Jung blew his whistle and the timer started.

The same people were counting for them again and pretty much counting the same way as before. It was funny how people showed their personalities just by the simple actions that they did.

Thirty seconds had already passed and some of the people were starting to get tired, but none of them were going to give up just yet. Not when this was the shortest competition out of all three. Finally the minute was up and they could find out how many they actually did.

Ji Yoon was able to do 20 squats. Niel did 25 , Amber was able to do 21, Seoyoung did 18. Thunder did 28, Kibum did 30 and Luna was able to do complete 22.

“Well looks like we have the top three for this part! Kibum is in first place, with Thunder in second and Niel in third!”

Since the finally round was done all of the idols were able to sit down and take a break from the big work out that they got today. Looks like there was no need to work out at all after this….

Jung turned to the groups and someone walked out with a big board with all of the team names on it. They walked over to Jung and handed the board off to him. After that they quickly left. “Now, let’s see the final standings after today. Who was able to make it onto the board?”

Right after the list of the team names there was a column that said “Strength Test”. Jung magically pulled out a marker and opened it. “Each round had three winners. If you won first place for that round you received 20 points, if your team got second you get 15 points, and if your got third place that team would receive 10 points.  Since team Gold got first place in the second round they get a total of 20 points!” He wrote 20 down next to their team and continued, “ Team Silver got third place in the first round, second in the second round, and third place in the third round for a total of 35 points!”

He wrote that number down under their team name. “Team Scarlet got second place in the first round which gives them a total of 15 points!” He wrote that down and went onto the next team. “Team Hot Tamale got third place in the second round so they get a total of 10 points. Team Sweet Pea got first place in the first round and second place in the third round for a total of 35 points. And finally Team Prime got first place in the third round for a total of 20 points!” After saying each point total he wrote it down next to the team’s name.

Once he was done with that he closed the marker and looked at the score board, “Wow, well it looks like we have a tie for first place right now between the Silver and Sweet Pea team. And this is only just the first show! Hopefully this means that things are going to be really promising!”

Someone came out to take the score board from him and Jun turned to face all seven teams. “There’s one final thing I have to let you all know before you all can leave. This was already approved by all of your managers so you can’t fuss about this either!”

This caused everyone to look around in wonder. What in the world was he talking about?

After pausing for a moment he gave a big smile and announced,” Each team will have to live together for the duration of this show! We believe that it’ll add to the show and while each team is living together there will be cameras placed in various spots around each apartment to film you constantly. Doesn’t that sound like fun?!”

Everyone sat there and just stared at him. There was no way he could be serious. No one had agreed to this!

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well there's the next chapter. It's not the best but hey, it kind of gets the plot moving along.

So I was thinking that between all of the different competitions that I would post a chapter/chapters about the life of the contestants living together. The one question that I wanted to get the opinion from my readers was about... Do you think that I should write seperate chapters for each group? Or should I write just one chapter for all of them? Also, if I write them all seperatly should I just put one group between each competition or put all of them?

Just let me know what you think! And thanks for reading! :D