Kim Jong

¶µx (Lux)

Song that was on constant repeat while I wrote this chapter;

Ring Ding Dong - SHINEee (Areia Remix)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The bass from the stereo flowed through the room. It was so low that the mirrors along every wall were litterally shaking, so much so that they were almost to the shattering point. Occasionally a squeak from a shoe hitting the hardwood floor could be heard.

In the middle of the room there were five girls dancing to the beat of the music blasting from the speakers. Each girl had a look of sheer concentration plastered on her face. All of them were trying to keep up with the tempo and land the proper steps to keep the dance flowing just right.
 
From time to time one of them would laugh signalling that they did something wrong. That didn't stop any of them from continuing though. They just brushed it off and went on with the dance. Suddenly, they all stopped and struck a pose. The song has ended.

One of the girls got out of her pose and walked over to the stereo and pressed the pause button. She spun around on her heel and her long black hair almost hit her in the face when she did. "That was great you guys! If we keep this up we'll have the dance down in no time!"

Jeon Soobin, better known to the world as Soobini. Her wavy hair was pulled back in a loose pony tail. A few pieces had fallen out along with her bangs and framed her face. She tucked a piece behind her ear and gave the other four girls in the room a big smile.

One of the other girls started jumping up and down while clapping her hands. "Yeah, we're getting there!" Her light brown hair was bouncing up and down in the opposite direction she was. Just by looking at her you never would have guessed that she was actually 17. Most of the time she acted like she was way younger. Go figure she's the maknae of the group.

"Kiyoung, you can stop jumping now, we get it. You're really happy." Another voice spoke and all eyes turned to her. Her hair barely reaches her shoulders but it's a very edgy cut, more edgy than all of the other girls, that's for sure. One of her eyes was currently covered by her bangs, even with her hair pulled back. There was a light glare in her eyes but no malice behind it. Most people would blieve that she really was mad, but they knew better. Her name was HyunJin and she was the tomboy of the group.

"And we know you're just jealous of her Jin," a fourth girl said with a playful smirk on her face. Her deep brown eyes had a playful spark in them as well. She was Kayen and her brown hair was also pulled back into a high ponytail. She tucked a part of her bangs behind her ear and looked to the last girl. "Don't you agree Rae?"

Song Mirae. The last girl to complete Lux. When she nodded her head in agreement most of her long black hair fell over her shoulder. "Yeah, Jin, you shouldn't be so jealous!"

Jin merely looked at the two girls and walked over to the cooler sitting on the floor by the stereo. She opened it slowly and pulled out a bottle of water. Opening it she took a long swig. When she was done she put the cap back on and placed it by her jacket that she had left laying on the floor. She really didn't feel the need to say anything to the others. Then again, she really didn't say much of anything. But that's just who she was, the others knew that she cared for them. She just showed it in her own way.

Kat smiled at everyone else and then went to get a water herself. "Does anyone else want one? They're still pretty cold."

 Rae and Soobini merely said a yeah. Kiyoung on the other hand bounced right over to Kat and stood there with the biggest smile on her face and slowly started to bounce on the balls of her feet. "I would like one too!"

Looking at her, Kat raised an eyebrow then went back to getting the waters out of the cooler. She picked up one and tossed it to Kiyoung who almost didn't catch it. After that she picked up three more and gave one to Soobini and Rae each. When she was done passing them out and took a drink for herself she set it down on the ground and started to fiddle with hem of the sweat pants she was wear. "I swear, I need to buy some smaller sweat pants. These ones keep wanting to fall down."

"Why don't you just try rolling them up a little bit to see if they'll fit better after that?" Soobini tried suggesting. She would hate to see Kat have to go out and spend money on a pair of new sweat pants because these ones were too big.

Kat shrugged and started to roll up the hem of her pants. When she was done they were sitting low on her hips, but they seemed to fit a little better than before. She laughed and said, "Hopefully this'll work.... I just feel like they're gonna fall down any second this way too. But it'll be put to the test when we start dancing again!"

Soobini shook her head at Kat and bent down to tie the lace on one of shoes that had come undone. "Are you guys feeling up to doing it one more time before we take a break?" She stood back up and adjusted the silver basketball shorts she was wearing. She pulled down the white tank top she was wearing too. The damn thing liked to ride up with simple movements.

Jin just shrugged and pulled up the long sleeves of her black shirt so they were above her elbows. She was willing do go another round if everyone else was.

"Sure, I can go one more time. It shouldn't be too hard," Rae said and placed her hands inside the front pocket of her red hoodie.

"Yeah! Let's do it one more time! We gotta make sure we get this perfect!" Kiyoung jumped up in the air.... again. When she hit the ground again she had to pull down her light green t-shirt. Sometimes the others wondered why this girl liked jumping up and down so much. Didn't it wear her out at all?

Soobini smiled and said, " Okay then! Let's do this one more time. Positions everyone!"

So they all did as they were told. All four girls got into their sports and waited for Soobini to start to music. She walked over to the stereo and pressed the play button. She quickly ran over to her spot.

The music started a few seconds later and it was almost like they all were one person at that time. All five of them would hit the proper beats at the same time and when it came time for them to do seperate moves they would get it. Slowly, each girl started to have a smile appear on their faces. Just by looking at their smiles you could tell a little something about them. Soobini had a normal smile. Kiyoung was grinning like a fool. Rae had an innocent smile on her face. Kat had a smile that seemed like it was a mix between a smile and smirk. Then Jin had an almost invisible smile, unless someone was really looking at her you wouldn't be able to tell that she was smiling.

Finally the music came to an end again and they struck the final poses. Soobini was kneeling in front of everyone else with her arm on her leg. Rae was in the middle in behind Soobini and in front of Kiyoung, Kat, and Jin. She was posing with her hands on her knees and slightly bent forward. Kiyoung was still smiling like a fool and she held up a peace sign. Jin was standing off to the side with her hands in her pockets look like a cool person. Kat had her tounge sticking out, trying to make a silly face.

Rae broke away from the group and tried to catch her breath. "I think that was the best we've done yet!" She bent down and picked up her water and took a long drink. When she was done she let out a sigh and closed the water.

Kiyoung skipped over to Rae and slung an arm around her shoulder. She pulled Rae close so their cheeks were touching. "Yeah! That was the best we've ever done! Let's hope that they rest of the times are just like that!"

Rae tried to subtly pulled Kiyoung away from her, but it wasn't working as well as she planned. Everytime Rae would try to push her hand from her shoulder Kiyoung would just grip it harder. Eventually Rae gave a big huff and slumped down in defeat. There was no way that she was going to win this one...

Kat looked at the too and laughed, "I don't think Rae likes that too much Kiyoung.."

Kiyoung glanced at Kat and stuck her tongue out at her and blew a rasberry. "I don't care! I'm just showing that I'm proud of us all. Is it so wrong to hug someone?!"

"It's fine to hug someone, just not bear hug them to death...," Rae muttered more to herself than anyone else.

Kiyoung pulled away from Rae slightly and looked at her with big eyes. It looked like she was about ready to cry. "You don't like the hug?!"

Soobini and Kat laughed at Kiyoungs reaction while Jin gave a bigger smile than when she was dancing. It was still pretty small, but if anyone looked they actually wouldn't have to struggle to see it this time.

Kat looked to Soobini and asked, "So break time now?"

Soobini nodded. "Yep, break time now! Let's go get something to eat since we've been working so hard. And then we can come back and do it a few more times until we feel that we really have it down."

The rest nodded their heads in agreement and went to where they had placed their things down.

Jin walked back over to her jacket, picked it up, and put it own. She zipped it up about halfway and stuck her hands in the pockets.

Rae went over to her phone and checked to make sure there wasn't anything new that she missed while rehearsing. When she was done with that she put it in her hoodie pocket.

Kiyoung grabbed her jacket that was almost the same color as her green t-shirt and threw it on.

Kat picked up her grey hoodie and pulled it over her head. When she had it situated it just right placed her phone in the front pocket along with her keys.

Soobini grabbed her jacket and decided to just carry it since she still felt a little hot after all of the dancing. She tied it around her waist and looked at everyone eles. "Ready to go?"

Just when the five of them were about ready to leave the dance studio a man burst through the door. He was kind of short and dressed.... interestingly..

He had on a black and grey plaid tux coat and a very bright pink button up shirt on. To add to the weird outfit he had a yellow tie on as well. At least his pants were normal... But what the hell was he doing here? And why was there a mic in his hand?

"Why hello there ladies of Lux! How are you doing on this fine day?" His smile kind of creeped them out, it was way too happy for someone who they didn't even know..

"Uh... We're fine?" Soobini spook for the group.

"That's good! That's good. Now, do you know who I am?"

"A crazy man who's blocking our way out?" Kat said with a look that pretty much said, 'What the hell?'

The man gave a hearty laugh and gave that creepy smile again. How the hell did he smile like that so much? Didn't his cheeks hurt? "No! My name is Jong. Remember, I sent you a letter a few weeks ago asking if you would like to join my variety show?"

After he said that all of them started to remember. Of course! It was Kim Jong, he had sent them a letter asking them to join his variety show. They had told their manager that they wanted to accept and she sent a reply right away. But they never heard from him after that. So they just assumed nothing was going to happen. They sure weren't expecting him to show up here..

"Yeah, we remember you! But what are you doing here?" Kiyoung asked and titled her head to the side slightly. It just added to her innocence.

The other girls kind of had the same question in their mind. They really just wanted to get out of here and get something to eat. All of that dancing made them hungry.

"Why, sillies! I'm here to take you to the set of my show. You did accept after all!"

At that all of their eyes widdened. They had to leave now? They weren't prepared for this! No one them had any make up on and they sure weren't dressed to go on a variety show.

Soobini took a step toward Jong and spook,"Do we have to go this instant? We just got done rehearsing and we were hoping to go get something to eat. We're not even prepared to go on the show at this moment!"

Jong waved his hang up and down in a way that seemed to say, 'Don't worry about it.' "That doesn't matter right now. I'm here to pick you up to leave now! And you all look fine the way you are now. Oh and about the food? We'll stop on the way and get you guys something to eat, don't worry!"

The girls looked at one another and stood there for a second contemplating weither or not to follow this man. After another second they all shrugged and walked over to him. When they got closer to him they realized that there was a camera man standing in the doorway. How in the world they never noticed him before they'll never know.

"Good! Good! Let's get going!" Jong spun on his heel and started to walk purposefully out of the room.

One by one the girls walked out of the room. Since Kat was the last one to walk out she shut off the lights to the room and shut the door. Gotta do something to save the planet!

"Now we'll need to hurry a little bit ladies. The others are already at the set waiting for us!"

Others? What in the world was he talking about others?

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Yay! First chapter! I hope that anyone who reads this likes it! :D

Now I'm gonna go fall asleep and then tomorrow I'll start working on the second chapter. Goodnight everyone! xD

P.S - This chapter was over 4 pages! w00t! x3