Unveiled Happiness

The Almighty King's Watch

Hello all, this is the last chapter to The Almighty King's Watch. Thank you all for reading and commenting! ^^ It has been a pleasure writing this story though I struggled with this story for this is my first one having Jiyong as the main and it being my first short fanfic! I hope you guys enjoyed reading it as much as I did writing it! To read my next G-Dragon fanfic, please go to http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/432377 SEE YOU THERE!!

*Jiyong’s POV*

After talking to Youngbae, I began wondering if the problem Shinae was hiding from me was Yunhee’s problem. It seemed so after Youngbae mentioned it. Trying to push it to the back of the mind, I began working on my song again. I’m sure if it had gotten serious enough, Shinae would have told me by now. The next morning, we were however greeted by our managers instead. This was new since for the past few months, Yunhee had been the one driving us to YG.

“Where’s Yunhee?”Youngbae was the first ask.

“Yeah, where’s noona? Is she sick again?”Seungri asked.

“No, she’s already at YG,”one of them spoke up.

“What’s she doing there? Isn’t she supposed to fetch us from the dorm?”Daesung asked.

“Why are you kids suddenly asking so many questions? Let’s go, we have a photoshoot to attend,”Namguk hyung hurried us.

“Will we be at YG today?”Top asked.

“Later this evening,”Namguk hyung replied.

“Is it okay for them to be there? They’ll know everything if they go,”Youngbae’s manager tried to whisper.

“When they arrive, Yunhee would have been done signing the papers. They’ll have to know sooner or later, anyway. You can’t hide it forever,”he whispered back.

I tried not to interrupt their conversation. What are they hiding from us? What is Yunhee signing at YG, anyway? Taking out my phone, I typed a quick message to Shinae to try and find out what’s going on. I’m sure she knows everything.

[Babe, how’s the problem that you’ve been bothered about going? Is it okay?]

Throughout the car ride to the studio, I had been waiting for her reply. Shinae was usually prompt with replying to her messages. Her phone is always with her and she’s usually alert about calls or messages since she never knows when her clients will call and offer her a project. But this time round, she was taking longer than usual.

[Everything is fine. Don’t worry.]

“Okay, guys, you need to alight here,”Namguk hyung clapped his hands to get our attention.

Deciding to put this matter aside for now, I alighted from the car to start the photo shoot. Looking at Youngbae, he had a hint of a frown painted on his face. He must be worried about the same thing and I didn’t want to distract him from our work now. I went over to pat him on the back.

“Focus on the photo shoot. We’ll talk about it later, alright. Don’t worry too much,”I reassured him.

He didn’t reply but merely nodded his head. It took us about four hours including of breaks to finish off the photo shoot. Although we were tired, it didn’t deter us from wanting to head back to YG to find out what was going on. The managers were silent on the way back as well which made it even more nerve wrecking. As soon as the car came to a stop, all of us made our way to the building quickly.

“Guys, grab some lunch at the canteen first,”Namguk hyung called out to us.

“No, we need to find out what happened to Yunhee noona,”Seungri voiced out what was on our minds.

“Eat first. She’ll come by later,”Namguk hyung said firmly.

Seungri opened his mouth to argue but was shut off by Youngbae who had his hand on his shoulder, stopping him.

“Let’s eat first,”Top patted Daesung on the back.

All of us headed to the canteen and sitting at one of the tables was Shinae staring into space with a cup of coffee in her hands.

“Shinae noona?”Seungri raised an eyebrow.

“Why is she here?”Daesung asked.

“You guys go get food. I’ll go say hi to her first,”I smiled upon seeing her.

Although I was obviously in her range of sight, she seemed to be oblivious to my presence.

“Shinae,”I nudged her as I sat across from her.

“Huh?”she blinked her eyes a few times before noticing me.

“What are you doing here? Didn’t you say you had a meeting with a client today?”I asked.

“That was in the morning,”she merely replied while sipping her coffee.

“Are you alright, Shinae?”I reached out to hold her hand.

Shinae looked down at our hands before she took in a deep breath.

“What do you say about me quitting my designer job?”she looked up as she asked.

“What? Isn’t that your passion?”I asked, bewildered.

“Okay, that was not the correct way of phrasing it. I mean, what if my free lance designing became more of a part time job for me?”she asked.

“What do you mean?”I frowned.

“Nevermind. Aren’t you hungry? The members are all heading over with food?”Shinae shook her head with a smile.

“Shinae, don’t change the…,”but she cut me off.

“I’ll talk to you about it later, alright. Not now,”she shushed me up.

Oh, this is killing me. First, Yunhee wasn’t at the dorm this morning and I heard the managers talking about her signing some papers. Then, here was Shinae talking about quitting her dream job. What’s going on?! I tried my best to avoid talking about it but as lunch hour passed, I became more anxious. My hopes of talking to Shinae privately were dashed when the managers asked all the members to head to the dance studio. But when the door swung open, those anxiousness were erased momentarily when I saw Yunhee inside.

“Yunhee?”Youngbae raised an eyebrow.

“Hey guys!”she waved at us.

Why was she so happy after disappearing for the whole day?

“Okay, guys! We have an announcement to make. Yunhee, come here,”Namguk hyung gestured for Yunhee to stand next to him.

“What’s going on?”I was getting impatient.

Hearing the sound of heels, I turned to see Shinae walking in.

“Alright, guys, listen up. Today, Yunhee has officially resigned from her job. She’s no longer Jiyong’s personal assistant,”Namguk hyung.

“WHAT?!”I exclaimed.

“What do you mean resign? Noona, what’s going on? I thought you loved us? What will happen to Youngbae hyung?”Seungri was blabbering non-stop.

“Calm down, guys. I’m not done yet!”Namguk hyung sighed.

“Well, Namguk oppa was facing some troubles and couldn’t afford to keep me around so I decided to quit to lighten up his burden…,”Yunhee explained.

“I’ll hold up the cost for you, hyung. Why didn’t you tell me earlier? Yunhee wouldn’t have to quit then,”I suggested.

So, this is what has been bothering the both of them? This was easy to solve. I wouldn’t mind helping out with the costing!

“No, that’s the last thing I wanted, Jiyong. Anyway, will you listen to us first? Yunhee here may have resigned from being Jiyong’s personal assistant but recently, one of the stylist for 2NE1 quit and one of our stylists was transferred there. And seeing as how Yunhee really knows how to dress well, YG has offered her a position to be your stylist,”Namguk hyung announced.

“Oh my god! So she’s one of our stylist noona now?”Seungri asked, excitedly.

“Yes, so please don’t give her any troubles, alright?”Namguk hyung smiled.

“Why didn’t you tell me anything? I was worried sick and overthinking things,”Youngbae went over to hug her.

“I didn’t want to trouble you with my problems plus everything turned out well, in the end, right?”Yunhee smiled.

“Next time, share your problems with me, please. I want to shoulder it with you,”Youngbae caressed her cheek to which she nodded with a hint of a blush on her face.

“And Shinae whom you are very familiar with…,”Namguk hyung tried to get our attention.

Shinae looked up and gave a faint smile before walking over.

“YG has been keeping track of Shinae’s works thanks to her relationship with Jiyong. And she’s been offered to sign on to the company. She will be in-charge of designing the watches for all the YG artistes,”Namguk hyung smiled proudly.

My jaw dropped upon hearing the news. In her whole career life, Shinae had never considered working full-time at any of the companies that offered her a position. And here she was signing on to YG as a designer. This is big news.

“Why did you change your mind after so many years?”I asked before I could stop myself.

“Tell me, what is better than designing a watch for the Almighty King?”Shinae smiled.

At that moment, my heart melted. I was rendered speechless, overwhelmed by her love. I could only smile but our eye contact spoke a thousand words. Thank you, Shinae. Thank you for all the sacrifices you’ve made for me. 

*End of Jiyong's POV*

End of Story

DarkAngel