Chapter 5

Single Daddy's Support Group *hiatus*

"Yah, where's Siwon?" Joon asked Heechul once the bar had calmed down.

"He dumped me." Heechul shrugged. "Something about going to America, whatever, he wasn't the settling down type."

"Oh really?" Joon laughed. "Since when has the great Kim Heechul wanted to settle down?"

"It's just time." Heechul shrugged again, looking out into the mass of bodies on the dance floor. "I want kids and someone to spend the rest of my life with."

"Ah wow Hyung." Joon muttered, taken aback. "Okay then, tell me your type and I'll keep an eye out for you and if I see anyone I'll let you know." Joon smiled.

"I just want someone who will love me for me." Heechul shrugged again looking down.

"Well that's a tall order." Joon laughed, nudging the older man. "I'll see what I can do."

Later in the night after the second wave of customers needing refills Joon noticed a familiar mane of red hair flash in the dance floor. It was the same hair that haunted his nightmares. Within seconds a ghost from the past stood before hum with the same deep blue eyes, pale skin and unruly curly hair hair.

"Hey Joon." came the same voice that he would occasionally hear whispering in the wind.

"Lily." after years of cursing her name it flowed smoothly off of Joons tongue like a reflex. "why are you here?" Joon hissed in the minimum English he knew, regaining his composure while pulling the girl off to the side out of hearing range from Heechul.

"We need to talk." Lily responded firmly stepping closer, not bothering to attempt the Korean language that she had studied to come here.

Now up close Joon was able to notice dark bags under Lily's eyes, her once smooth white skin that would easily blush was not how he remembered. It was now chalky and aged.

"Lily." he sighed, looking over to Heechul who was shooting daggers into Lily's back. "I'm at work now, I can't talk."

Lily looked down, nodding before handing Joon a folded piece of paper. "Meet me here tomorrow."

Before Joon could respond, Lily had already disappeared back into the dance floor full of party goers.

"yah Joon, stop day dreaming and get back to work." Heechul yelled from the bar.

Numbly Joon went back to work, only this time he was counting down the minutes until he could leave and see Lauren again, the only person in his life that made things right.

 

"Yah hyung, wait up!" Taemin yelled, chasing after Joon.

It was verging on 3am and both men were exhausted. But no matter how tired Taemin was he had enough drive to talk, so that he could finally sort out his problems.

"I thought you were going home." Joon rubbed his eyes as Taemin caught up to him.

Taemin noticed immediately just how tired the older man was. "Are you okay?"

"Things are just complicated right now for me." Joon shrugged, looking at his watch. "It's late, did you need anything?"

"Well, you see..." Taemin faded off, shaking his head no. "Nevermind."

"Okay." Joon nodded, noticing the worry wrinkle in between Taemin's eyebrows that always appeared when he was troubled looked as if it was here to stay. "Well I'm headed home." Joon beckoned towards his apartment. "Oh and Taemin, you can always call me if you need anything." Joon forced a tight smile and waved good bye. watching Joon leave

"Okay." Taemin nodded, rooted in his spot, watching Joon leave. To Taemin it seemed that Joon had enough on his plate and adding his problems to the table wouldn't go over well.

Moments later the boy's phone beeped, signaling an incoming text message. Shaking out of his inner turmoil Taemin pulled out his phone and read 'are you coming home?', he could almost hear Sulli's disapproving 'can't you get a better job than working at Pax?' voice.


side note: Lily is white, as in she's not asain. just to clear that up...


sorry that I've been MIA, school and work has been taking all my attention.

thanks again for subscribing guys! ^.^

I'd love to hear feedback.