Chapter 1

Single Daddy's Support Group *hiatus*

"Yah Joon, hurry up with those drinks!" The cute head bartender of the bar called out over the roar of the music.

"Yes sir!" Joon, a tired yet beautiful bartender called back to his boss Sungmin. Hastily he filled glass upon glass with countless amounts of alcohol only to watch them be taken away by thirsty club goers.

Every day was like this for Joon, fill drinks quickly, flirt with customers when possible and never get caught doing nothing by the club owner Kim Heechul. When Joon wasn't at the bar he was playing a very different part in life, almost the exact opposite, he was a devoted father keen on not screwing up raising his daughter Lauren by participating in PTA, field trips and bake sales. It's was always go go go for Joon, never stop and enjoy what life has given you.

'Three more hours.' Joon reassured himself, three more hours until he could leave, until he could see Lauren again and his day would instantly brighten. Now however he was stuck in Pax, Seoul's hottest night club where celebrities and common people alike come to blow off steam.

"Hyung!" Joon was snapped out of his trance by Pax's newest waiter, Taemin. "Can I get a bourbon on the rocks?" Joon nodded and began preparing the drinks, allowing the blonde boy to rest against the bar momentarily. "I never knew this would be so hard." He pouted, unaware of how cute he was.

"If it's too hard you should quit." Joon smirked at the newbie while sliding over the drink.

"No can do." Taemin sang. "I need this job, more than you'll ever know."

Joon shook his head as the blonde disappeared into the crowd of dancers grinding against on another.

"Joon, I need you to take a shift for tomorrow." the club owner Heechul appear behind him. "We're having a bachelorette party and you and Taemin will be waiting on them." Heechul stomped off before Joon could object, the dreams of spending a quiet night in with Lauren fading quickly.

The rest of the shift passed quickly and Joon was soon closing up the shop with Taemin.

"What will we have to do for this bachelorette party?" Taemin asked blinking his wide eyes.

"Be entertaining, flirt, get them drinks, dance with them." Joon shurgged. "Well I'm out, you got a ride home?" He asked the younger boy.

"Nah, I don't live too far, I'll just walk." Taemin shrugged and started walking away. "Cya tomorrow. Oh and hyung?"

"Yeah?" Joon stopped and looked back at the boy.

"You're the best bartender Pax has and I'm glad I get to work with you." The blonde smiled before jogging off.

A smile stretched across Joon's face as he quickly walked home, it was 4 am, he could easily get four hours of sleep before taking Lauren to school and going to his day job of teaching yoga.

 

"Yah! Why aren't you returning my phone calls?" Sulli, Taemin's girlfriend yelled into the phone as he picked up.

"Sorry I was at work." Taemin weakly replied.

"Tsk." Sulli laughed. "You always put work ahead of me and your soon to be child!" she cried into the phone. "I could have gone into labour and you wouldn't have even known."

"Babe." Taemin shook his head as he entered his tiny apartment that consisted of a small kitchen, even tinier bathroom and a mattress on the floor of the closet like bedroom. "Can't we talk about this during our lunch date tomorrow at Cho's Grill?"

"Fine." Sulli answered before hanging up.

Lately all of their conversations were like this, Sulli would yell and cry and Taemin would calm her down by making some promise he probably couldn't keep. Yeah he loved her but having a child wasn't in either of their plans at the moment.

Dragging his exhausted body into the bathroom, Taemin washed up and then collapsed on his mattress hoping to enter a dream land where none of his problems could find him.

 

"Order up!" Kyuhyun called from the grill to Sandara his older sister. Kyuhyun watched as she struggled to carry the heavy load of food out to its table of customers. "Aish we need to get another waiter." He muttered to himself.

"You know we can't do that." Hangeng the chef sighed. :We're barley staying afloat as it is." the Chinese man stirred the noodles frying on the grill.

"I know Hyung but-" Kyuhyun faded off knowing his protest were useless. Without Kyuhyun's adoptive father here to help manage the grill things were looking grim for the future of the family business.

 

"This isn't fair to you Dara." Kyuhyun sighed as he and Dara finished the last of closing up the grill for the day. "You derever a life, and not to be trapped her working like a dog for a business that's going under."

Dara smiled towards her brother, although he was adopted they had instantly connected and their bond had become stronger as they both tried to raise Sam, Kyuhyun's son. "It's fine." she sighed. "I actually applied for a job-"

"You found a nursing job?" Kyuhyun instantly brightened at the good news.

"Sort of." Dara bit her lip. "I would be running the infirmary at Sunny's House. I talked to Sunny and she so happened to need someone and well I could be that someone." the petite girl shrugged.

"That's amazing!" Kyuhyun mused as he locked the door and they set off towards Sunny's House to pick up Sam. "Things may just be looking up for us, you got a good job and I'm brainstorming of ways to help the grill while dad's gone." Kyuhyun stretched his arms above his head. "We can do this no problem."

"Come pabo, we're going to be late with picking up Sammy." Dara punched her brother on the shoulder and quickened her pace.

 


here's chapter 1!

comment ~ subscribe