Chapter 3

Single Daddy's Support Group *hiatus*

BOOM BOOM BOOM

Taemin awoke with a start, the loud banging on his apartment door pulling from his peaceful dreams. "I'm coming." He called, his voice raspy from sleep. Unsteadily Taemin stumbled to the door only to be knocked out of the way by burly men carrying large boxes into his apartment once he opened it.

"Hey what do you think you're doing?" Taemin yelled as the men came back and forth bringing more stuff into his apartment.

"Calm down Tae." came a voice from the door, there stood Sulli Taemin's girlfriend and it was clear to everyone just how pregnant she was.

"Sulli I thought we were meeting for lunch." the boy blinked helplessly.

"I figured we could go for breakfast instead while the movers get everything settled." Sulli forced a smile and acted happy, which was something the two had become accustomed to doing lately, faking happiness about their unfortunate situation.

"Okay." Taemin nodded, knowing that he couldn't get out of it. "SO what are they moving?" he asked as they walked down the street to their favourite restaurant, Cho's Grill.

"They're moving the baby stuff in." Sulli answered sinply as they sat down in an empty booth near the back.

"Oh." Taemin nodded.

The two lapsed into the uncomfortable silence that always accompanied talking about the pregnancy, the pressures of parenting or even the future at all.

"Man this is starting to seem so real."Taemin muttered, unable to stand the silence.

"Well this is reality Tae." Sulli answered sharply. "If this wasn't what you wanted we could have taken care of this problem from the beginning but you insisted on keeping the kid. This is our life now." Sulli's eyes were now b with tears.

"Sulli I didn't mean it like that." Taemin said urgently, trying to calm the emotional girl down. "I don't regret our decision to keep this child one bit and I want you to remember that. I'm not going anywhere as long as you're hear by my side." Taemin forced a smile.

SUlli smiled back but her eyes revealed nothing of her true plans for the future.

 

Taemin stepped into what had used to be his apartment but was now a bright rainbow of colours and new furniture. Where his bed and dresser used to be now stood a large baby cradle, a small mobile bassinette all the same colour as the change table. Along the neighbouring wall was now fully stalked closet built onto the wall filled with various baby colours in different sizes and colours. The once empty wood floor was now partially covered with an alphabet carpet with an animal to represent each letter. The large storage closet that had previously been empty was now over flowing with other baby supplies that Taemin had not thought of needing. Beside where his bed and dresser had been pushed stood a baby stroller with a matching travel bag.

"How did Sulli get any of this stuff." He wondered aloud, stepping into the now upgraded stainless steel kitchen with all new appliances. The newer counter tops were piled high with various baby bottle warmers and other necessities. A new solid wooden table with chairs and a baby high chair now stood in the corner of the kitchen. Atop of the table laid a crisp white envelope labelled. Lee Taemin.

 

Parenting comes with great responsibilities. To ease the pressure and allow the transition to go smoothly I have taken it upon ourselves to provide you with what is necessary to handle your current situation. Don't think lightly og my generosity.

-Mr. and Mrs. Choi

 

'Situation?" Taemin rolled his eyes at the note, remembering how Sulli's family had never acknowledged the pregnancy until Taemin had vowed to take responsibility for his actions. Of course he wouldn't abandon his child, only a coward would do that much like his own father whom her had only meet on several occasions as a child, it had been 7 years since he had since the man. Having been raised by his mother, a women who had worked various jobs all at once to provide for his son was extremely disappointed when Taemin had told her of the pregnancy, for the time being they weren't on speaking terms so that his mother could come to terms with the situation which was the main reason he was stuck in this tiny apartment working an dead end job as a waiter at Pax. Setting down the letter Taemin checked the stove clock, it was time for work and time to stop dwelling on the past and focus on reality. Quickly he changed into an outfit suitable for Pax, black ripped skinny jeans and a simple white tee with a brown vest, simple and y was Pax's motto for uniforms. Lining his eyes with the kohl Heechul his boss forced everyone to wear Taemin left his now strange apartment and started his short walk to work. With high hopes of being able to ask his Joon hyung for advice Taemin allowed his worries to lesson so that he could full focus on work.

 


Thanks for subscribing!

Please Comment ^.^