Chapter 2

Single Daddy's Support Group *hiatus*

"Appa!" An adorable little girl cried out when Joon entered Sunny's House. Joon quickly picked the crying girl up after she ran to him. "Appa." she nuzzled her head into his shoulder.

"What's wrong Lauren?" Joon cradled his daughter closely. After not getting an answer out of the still crying girl Joon turned to Sunny, the owner of the community centre. "Sunny do you know what's wrong with Lauren?" he asked deperatly.

"Yes, why don't you step into my office." Sunny lead the way towards the back rooms of the community centre where they entered a plush calming purple room filled with bookshelves covering the walls and various filling cabins. As Joon entered he noticed a man around his age, possibly a few years older inside holding a little boy around Laurens age.

"What's the meaning of all this?" Joon asked as he took the seat next to the mysterious man, becoming impatient yet thankful that Laurens crying had finally stopped.

"Lauren, Sam." Sunny began, "Why don't you two go play in the private play den through here." Sunny lead the two children out of the room before shutting the door.

The three adults where quiet as Sunny resumed her seat behind her desk.

"It seems that there is a reoccurring trend here in our junior and senior kindergarten classes that your children attend." Sunny began. "The children are curious by nature but don't seem to understand when they should stop."

"Meaning?" The Kyuhyun the silent man beside Joon asked.

"It's common for the children to talk about their home life..." Sunny tried to explain. "It's normal for a child to have a mom and a dad. However in both your cases your children only have a father."

"So, it's never been a problem before." Joon sat straighter. "I'm perfectly capable raising Lauren on my own.

Sunny smiled. "I know that you are Joon and the same goes for you Kyuhyun." Sunny faltered. "The thing is, your children don't seem to understand. Other children have been asking them why they don't have a mom and it's been getting out of hand. Sam and Lauren no longer know how to answer and are starting to feel separated from the other students."

"I never knew that the situation was so serious." Kyuhyun muttered.

"I only wanted to bring this to both of your attention so that you can possibly talk it out with your child so that the next time a curious child sticks their nose where it doesn't belong they\ll know that it's perfectly okay to not have a mom." Sunny smiled brightly.

 

"So what do you plan on doing about this?" Kyuhyun asked the other man Joon as they stood outside of the private play den.

Joon sighed. "I don't know man." Joon shook his head. "I've talked about this before with Lauren, I guess I'll just have to clarify it with her." he finished shrugging.

"That's what I plan on doing with Sam.." Khyuhyun nodded and took out a small business card. "Here's my contact information, if you need any help or advice call me."

Joon took the card numbly and watched Kyuhyun and his son Sam leave hand in hand. Life was becoming more complicated now which is exactly what Joon didn't want.

"Appa can we go now?" Lauren blinked her puppy dog eyes up at Joon while extending her arms to be picked up.

"Yeah babe, we're going home." Joon pick the little girl up and exited the community centre, in no time at all Lauren was sound asleep on his shoulder for the walked home. It had been a long day for both of them and it looked like it would be an even longer night.

 

"Sammy, it's time for dinner!" Kyuhyun called to the little boy who was colouring in the living room. Soon the two were seated at the table eating away. "So what exactly happened at school today?" Kyuhyun broke the silence.

"Oh well nothing." Sam shrugged and poked the food on his plate.

"That's not what Miss Sunny told me." Kyuhyun sighed and put down his fork. "You do understand why mommy isn't here right?"

:Yeah she got sick and passed away." Sam nodded looking away. "She's waiting for us in heaven so that we can all be together again."

"She's proud of you even if she's not here with us." Kyuhyun sat back. "Do you remember the songs she used to sing?"

Sam blinked, confused. "No."

"She had the most amazing singing voice." Kyuhyun stood up. "I think I might have her song books and a few tapes of her singing if you'd like to have them."

The two ventured into their small apartment attic to uncover the chest filled with memories from the past. Item by item Kyuhyun took each carefully out of the box with extreme car, out came various stacks of sheet music and old diaries along with random photo's of Seohyun's life. "I remember when your mom put this box together, she did it in the hopes of you being able to know her even when she wasn't there."

 

Sam slowly ran his tiny figures over the top if the pink velvet box. "She's still here with me, I can feel it." Sam gave a small smile to his troubled father. "Don't worry Appa, I won't get upset when people ask about mommy because she's still here with me."

"I'm glad to hear that." Kyuhyun ruffled the little boy's hair as he stood up.

"Appa." Sam deciede seriously. "When I grow up I plan on being a singer so I can be just like Umma."

"Well you'll have to work really hard but I'll support you the whole way." Kyuhyun picked his son up and carried him to his tree house themed bedroom for bed.

 

"Sleep tight son." Kyuhyun pulled the covers up under Sam's chin and kissed his forehead. "Tomorrow's a new day so rest up for all the potential new adventures to come.

"Night Appa." Sam whispered, succumbing to sleep. "I love you."

" I love you two." Kyuhyun smiled and turned off the light.

Today had been a long day of running Cho's Grill while he allowed his computer programming work to pile up. It would definitely be an even longer night for Kyuhyun as he quickly cleaned up Seohyuns memory box, stashed it under his bed and started on his work.

 

"Lauren it's time for bed." Joon called from the kitchen as he finished cleaning up the dished. He could hear the familiar sounds of his daughter cleaning up her toys, putting on her pyjamas and brushing her teeth.

"All set sweet pea?" Joon knocked on her door before entering his daughters green and white accented bedroom.

"There's my girl." he smiled, seeing Lauren already sitting in her bed, ready to sleep. Instead of tucking her in like he usually does, Joon sits on the edge of her bed. "Lauren, do you want to talk about what happen at school today?" he asked gently.

Lauren remained silent like she usually does when upset.

"I don't know what to tell you Laurent that I haven't already told you a thousand times." Joon sighed. "You're mom just wasn't ready for the responsibility of a family and rather than just giving you up I decided to take full custody of you. After that your mother and I couldn't see eye to eye about anything and she left." Joon stopped to collect himself. "I want you to know that she does love you, no matter what anyone says I know that giving you up was one of the hardest things your mother had to do."

"Ok Appa." Lauren blinked away the tears that threatened to fall.

"Ok sweet pea, sleep tight." Joon quickly kissed Laurens head before leaving her alone, knowing that she would probably be up half the night trying to process what he had meant. Everyone had told Joon prior to Lauren being born that parenting would be the hardest thing he's ever done and he only now seemed to finally understand the extent of their words.

 


here's chapter 2!

My brain really wasn't cooperating while writng this chapter.

 

~please comment ~