A memory..

Scars of Flames

AN: Hi guys.. Hopefully you'll be able to read this chap. now. I actually tried writing this last night, but it only resulted in me having a fit about how much it .. I'm not moody at all, oh no xDDD

Oh, before I forget. Could you please check out my newes JongKey oneshot, I don't want to let you go I rarely ever write tragedies, but it's an entry for a contest and yeah xD


For some time, I remained on the couch, thinking about my new  teacher, tutor or whatever he was. He was.. quite nice. I mean, all teachers acted nicely on the first day and all, but somehow he seemed genuine. Well, at least he didn't ask anything about my phobia. I wasn't even sure if my parents had told him. They knew how much I hated talking about it to anyone.

At school, I was treated like a freak. Well, at least from the moment they found out that I had a phobia. It was a normal day. I used to be the center of attention, to me it seemed like everyone loved me there. Well at least the boys in school and a lot of the girls. Sadly, most of the girls on my class were jealous of me, even though I had no idea why. Now I know that they thought that despite being a boy, I was prettier than them. But seriously, I was only like ten, how could have known that they hated me because of that. .So.. I was sitting at my desk as usual, sketching something on a piece of paper.

Suddenly, one of the girls, I can't remember her name walked up to me with a huge grin on her face. It was her birthday and she came to show me her birthday cake. There were a lot of lit candles on the cake. My eyes widened as they filled with tears. I tried to get out of my seat but I fell with the chair. My whole body was shaking and it didn't stop until my parents came to pick me up.

From that day, I was labeled as a freak because apparently someone started a rumor that I wasn't afraid of the fire, but the cake since I was scared that I would get fat. Of course it wasn't true, but a lot of bad things happened because of that.

I was pulled out of my thoughts by Carmen who bit my nose. I yelped in pain and almost knocked her onto the ground, but she managed to cling to me with her sharp claws. I sighed, even though she shouldn't have bitten me, I was thankful to her. She knew it when I was remembering something and she always helped me somehow. I scratched her ear and she my finger in response. Both of us yawned at the same time which made me laugh.

The time passed quickly and before I knew it, it was time for me to sleep. My parents were out (or at least I think so) so I just ate a few bites, took a long, relaxing shower, dressed up and fell into my bed. I was strangely tired. Also, I was somewhat nervous and excited at the same time. At least I wasn't scared of my new teacher, it was a first.

That night, I didn't have any nightmares of that night. The night that changed my life.. Even thinking about it makes me shiver.. So, for once I slept peacefully until I was woken up by Carmen clawing at my leg. She was hungry.

I sat up and looked around sleepily and picked her up gently only to throw her on the ground. She jumped back onto the bed quickly and nuzzled her head in the crook of my neck. I sighed. 'Just wait for five minutes, please..'I mumbled sleepily.

It seemed like she understood me because she stopped pestering me for a few minutes. I was starting to fall back asleep when she suddenly jumped on me. I groaned. She wasn't going to leave me alone sadly. I got out of the bed and walked downstairs slowly. I passed someone on my way but I didn't really care. Carmen was in front of me, and I had to look at her so I wouldn't step on her. She always turned back to look at me or circled me when I would stop for a moment.

Finally, I reached the kitchen, only to find Carmen's bowl on the floor filled with her food.

'Seriously?' I asked her as she jumped on the table, then hopped onto my shoulder and my face.'You wake me up to show me that someone had already fed you?' I asked her. She mewed happily.

'I think she woke you up because of me..'I heard my new teacher's voice and I swear that I froze for a moment. So it was him who I had passed in my hurry. And I looked horrible. My hair was a mess, my pajamas were really old and I was sure that I stank since I haven't had a shower or anything yet.

'Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't notice you.' I bowed to him and sighed.

'It's alright, it's still pretty early. I sort of miscalculated the time I would reach here, so I just decided to let you sleep for some time.

'Well, someone sadly didn't.'I mumbled angrily and Carmen jumped on my head, purring. I rolled my eyes.

'I am sorry, I tried to catch her, but one moment she was here and then she was on the top of the stairs..'Jonghyun chuckled and I giggled. Yes, she was definitely like that.

'It's alright, she always wakes me up.. She's why I don't need an alarm clock..'I smiled.

Jonghyun just chuckled softly. He was quite handsome in the morning, and it just made me remember how bad I looked at that moment.

'Umm, would you mind if I quickly ran upstairs to..change and stuff?' I asked him.

'No, I understand that you had to run down here..'he smiled. 'I'll keep her here, if you'd like..'he pointed at Carmen who knew what he meant and jumped on his lap.

'Thank you..'I smiled at him and ran upstairs. I had a quick shower and dressed into a pair of skinny jeans and a T-shirt. I styled my hair and smiled at my reflection as I quickly brushed my teeth. I looked nice.

Slowly, I walked downstairs. Jonghyun was playing with Carmen, who was behaving herself for once. I smiled at the sight.'I'm here..'I said. Jonghyun nodded and we walked to the small study where we'd study.

I could only hope that my first impression of him wasn't wrong. He seemed like a nice person, though it might have been because he was pretty close to me in age.