Chapter 6

Frienship? Or Love?

She woke up almost lunch and it was snowing hard outside of her house. Searching for her phone just to check whether there was a message for her. She groggily searched it on her bed then underneath her bed. After few minutes of searching she found it underneath of her drawer. She sat on her bed and took the paper on the table. How she wished to understand every word written on the paper. While looking at the paper, Nana praised her writing. 

'Not only she has good hand writing and she's good in everything too. You're perfect. I hoped I can understand this message. What do you want to tell me? Why is it in mandarin?! I wished I could bring the time back from where we were before.' She was looking at the paper with teary eyes how she miss her so badly without any straight conversation for the past several months.

She put the paper back on the table and she prepared herself to take a warm shower.

-

Someone was calling her that late afternoon. Looking at the caller, it was Jooyeon.

“Hello, Nana, how are you? Long time no talk from you ehe..how’s it going?”

“Just chillin’ in here, but I’m really bored. Sorry, for avoiding you guys I hope you understand. I just need some time to be alone.”

“That’s totally fine no need to worry. We know what are you going through. You’re a strong person Nana. I don’t know what to do if me and Uee happen that to us. Maybe, I’m long gone now.”

“What are you talking about Jooyeon oenni? Don’t say that…”

“Okay, okay, sorry we haven’t hang out for a while you wanna go out?”

“I want to but I would like to stay at home it’s snowing hard outside, geez..bad timing huh?BTW, do you have a friend who can at least translate mandarin characters or translate it fully?”

“Why? Well, Siwon Oppa can speak mandarin. He could help, but not now. He is busy on his job at this hour.”

“Oh..Lizzy left me a message I can’t even understand even a word except for I love you at the end which is written in hangul.” Nana held the paper in front of her.

“What?! Lizzy left a message?! With I love you at the end? It seems really something?Hmmmm..I would try to contact oppa later after his work and I will call you whether he would agree about it. BTW, nice talking to you again, bye..”

“Thanks…bye,” Nana hung up and went to the living and opened the tv. She checked her phone whether someone answered her question from last night. She was saddened to see that no one even tried to answer her question. She reached for the remote as she put the paper on the table and changed it to any channels that interested her. She realized her brother didn’t come home and she thought that he was busy at the campus. Maybe he was trying to forget the pain by being a busy body. For a few minutes of searching, her eyelids were asking to sleep again and she let herself to drift to sleep.

‘Why am I here?’ She could hear some familiar sounds around her, but she couldn’t see that particular thing. She had heard it before, but she couldn’t remember where. A bunch of people where dragging their baggage and bag packs. Walking aimlessly to the crowd and Nana found a familiar figure from afar.

‘Soo Young? Soo Young ah!’ She noticed she had baggage too like the people around her. She tried to run as fast as she could, but it seemed that she wasn’t even getting near at the latter.

‘Soo Young!’ She was trying to grab the hand of the latter and unfortunately she was gone.

“Soo Young!” She woke up from her dream or more likely a nightmare. Sweats were forming on her forehead and she was panting heavily like she ran miles away.

“What was that dream for? I don’t get it..” She held her head and she didn’t feel good about her dream.

She looked at the wall clock and it was nine in the evening. She didn’t realize that she slept too long that day. She heard her phone ringing. She couldn’t find her phone. She checked the couch where she was sitting, but never found it. She found it again but below the couch. She couldn’t recognize the number who was calling her. It did look like an international call. She reluctantly, pressed the answer key and sat on the couch again.

“Hello,” Nana said.

“Hello, is this Im Jin Ah?” The unknown caller asked and Nana was a taken back from the person from the other line.

“Yes, who’s this?”

“Btw, I’m Bekah Lizzy’s cousin from China.”

“Oh..Hi, Bekah ssi..”

“I just wanna know you even through phone. She always talks about you since she’s a kid when she moves there. I really hope I can meet you and hang out together  ahaha..that’s too fast right?”

“No it isn’t I think that’s a good idea, btw I have a question to ask if it’s ok?” Nana asked and grabbed the paper in front of her.

“Go ahead, you can ask me anything.”

“Well, Soo Young, left me a message and I didn’t understand it. It was written in mandarin characters and hoping you could help about it.”

“Sure, btw I would do a video call. Wait! I’ll call you back.” Bekah hung up and in about a minute she called again but this time they can see each other.

“I’ve never thought you would be this beautiful Miss Im.”

“Oh..thanks.”

“Where is the message she left you?” Nana showed it to her and her eyes got wider at the message she was seeing.

“I think you need to go now.”

“Why?” Nanas asked confuse.

“No way! She did it!.” Bekah said with widened eyes.

“I don’t want to be rude, but what does this message says?” Nana asked impatient.

“Lizzy is going back to China tonight! You must hurry! You need to stop her!” Bekah almost shouted at Nana. She almost dropped her phone upon hearing the meaning of the message.


Hi there again and I've got a new chapter for naliz fic. I know it's getting really fast but I think the fic is near its end. I hope that guys you would enjoy this fic until the end.