Chapter 3

Frienship? Or Love?

Inside the KTV Club the four of them were having fun except for one. She was sitting in the corner with a stoic face watching her friends singing their lungs out. The first person who noticed her was other than her best friend. She sat next to her giving her a concerned look.

“Jin? What’s wrong? You’ve been sitting there silently.”Nana pretended that she didn’t hear her and she was afraid that she might do something that she might regret later. Lizzy placed her hand on top of Nana’s thigh if she somewhat didn’t hear her because of the loud music that was coming from the speaker. Nana stiffened at the sudden touched; she calmed herself and decided to turn her head to her right.

“S-sorry, did you say something?” Nana asked calmly but inside she was actually nervous.

“I said, what’s up? what’s been bothering you? You were silent through our way here and you’re even silent until now. You’re just sitting there quietly.” Nana only gave her a weak smile to show that she was okay. Although in her mind she was only thinking about Lizzy. She was afraid to say something that would up their fun more importantly to Lizzy. She was beginning to realize that she was so damn attracted to her best friend and she was disgusted at herself at the same time. Yes, she admitted a long time ago that she admired her best friend’s beauty, her funny attitude; her smiles, her aegyo’s that she loves so much, and the way she blush when she . But she never thought her hobbies of teasing her best friend would end up falling for her slowly.

“N-no need t-to worry Lizzy ah..I’m fine.” She gave all her best to convince her best friend that she was totally fine. Fortunately, Lizzy did buy it. She hated herself for stuttering.

Someone entered the room with a dozen of beer in the pale. Jooyeon quickly approached the older lady and thanked her. Raina and Jooyeon evily smiled and Jooyeon placed the bucket of beer on the table. Gladly no one saw them or else the other three would suspect something.

“Jooyeon unni I never thought we’re not allowed to drink in this place?” Raina pretended as if she didn’t know anything about the booze on the table.

“That’s why I chose this place cuz they wouldn’t bother asking how old we were. They don’t need id’s just enjoy it..it’s my treat today! The appetizers will arrive soon just drink we rarely do this stuff anyway.” Jooyeon took one beer in her hand and opened it. She didn’t have to worry about herself because she knew she could handle her liquor. She did the same thing on the other four and handed them in to her friends.

 ‘Jooyeon unni you’re really aiming for your victory ne? Now that I think about it all of these are more than 23000 won. What’s in your head? What are you scheming at?’ Raina thought with confused expression.

“Nice Joo! I haven’t been drank for a while you are really the best girlfriend ever.” UEE pounced on Jooyeon and they started making out. Nana watched the two carefully and she imagined doing that to Lizzy.

‘I wonder how Lizzy’s lips would taste like on mine? Nana! Stop it! That would never happen. Geez! Nana control yourself.’ She mentally scolded herself at the thought of making out with Lizzy.

“Omo! These two are really wild aren’t they guys?” Raina turned to the two blondes and they only nodded.

“Hmm?” Jooyeon moaned and she broke the kiss.

“UEE, not now I’ll promise we can do it later tonight.” She winked at her girlfriend and UEE sat beside her with a disappointed look.

“Yah UEE, if I said I will do it. I will do it.” UEE only nodded. Nana was looking at the beer in her hand.

‘Maybe a little drink wouldn’t hurt right? I just wanna enjoy myself and forget this feeling just for tonight.’ She took a sip and wince at the taste of the beer, but continued drinking it in spite of the disgusting taste of the liquid.

“Jooyeon unni I don’t drink I..” Lizzy quickly put down the beer on the table and Jooyeon cut her off.

“No, I’ve spend an amount of money for these don’t let me down Lizzy ah..do me a favor just for tonight.”Lizzy nodded in defeat and drank the beer that Jooyeon gave her. Lizzy didn’t like the taste of the beer at all and Jooyeon ordered some mountain dew to mix it with Lizzy’s booze; to take away the bitterness of the liquid.

“Here, take this you have to mix it to take away the bitterness of the beer.” Jooyeon mixed the soft drink and the booze. Lizzy tried to take a little sip before she drank all of it.

“Not bad unlike before, well thanks.”

“No problem,” Jooyeon smiled at the maknae.

‘It’s going smoothly as I planned hehehe..I wanna see what will happen tonight. OMG! Nana, your such a slowpoke if I were you. I would have grabbed Lizzy a long time ago. I guess I have to wait.’ Jooyeon sighed.’I was hoping tonight would be exciting.’

The four were having fun while drinking and singing. Two hours had passed UEE and Raina were dead drunk and they passed out really quick and they were sleeping at the couch. Jooyeon was singing although her voice was cracking up frequently. Lizzy, was drunk too and she could feel her temple was hot and the pit her of stomach didn’t feel good as well. Nana, was tipsy at the meantime. Lizzy decided to sit next to Nana and laid her head onto her shoulder. Although, she did still know what was happening around her and she decided to take rest just for a bit. Nana, felt something on her shoulder and she looked at the person who dared to do that. When she found out it was only Lizzy. Her facial expression began to soften.

“Nana, you didn’t even sing when we arrived here. Why don’t you sing, now?” Jooyeon gave the mic to her.

“Unni, can you find this song please, just find Cindy Wang and the title is first love.”

“Okay, okay,” Jooyeon searched for the song and she played it.

“Mwo? Nana, this isn’t Korean it’s in mandarin do you happen to know how to read that?” Jooyeon asked with widening eyes.

“’No, but I know this song a long time ago and it doesn’t matter if I do not know how to read it or not. At least I still remember the lyrics.” Nana started singing and Jooyeon was amazed by Nana. She pronounced the word right as if she was a mandarin speaker. Jooyeon went out because she needed bathroom. Lizzy heard a mandarin song and she could understand every word. She quickly sat up properly and saw Nana was singing the mandarin song.

Wo de yan lei, shi le lian----------------------------------------- Call me crazy, call me blind

Shi qu di yi ci ai de ren jing ran shi zhe zhong gan jue----------- To still be suffering is stupid after all of this time

Zong yi wei, ai shi quan bu de xin tiao---------------------------- Did I lose my love to someone better
Shi qu ai wo men jiu yao------------------------------------------ And does he love you like I do
Jiu yao, yi dian dian man man de si diao-------------------------- I do you know I really really do

[Chorus]

Dang wo, shi qu ni na yi miao, xin tu ran jiu bian lao------------- Well hey, So much I need to say Been lonely since the day
the day you went away
xuan nao de jie, mei fa xian wo de lei, bei yi wang zai jie jia----- So sad but true, For me there’s only you
the day you went away

Nana sang the song with full of emotions when she sang the chorus.  She looked directly to Lizzy’s eyes and to be more exact. Nana was giving Lizzy a loving stare.

“N-Nana.” Only her name she could utter at the moment. She didn’t know what to say and she was hoping that this was a dream or because of the effect of the alcohol. When the song was done she hugged the younger and she let go of her as she looked directly to the latter’s eyes.

“Soo Young,” The way Nana said her name made her heart beat weirdly.

“N-nana I-ahm..”Lizzy couldn’t make out a word and she felt really nervous on what would come up next. Nana raised her arm to touched Lizzy’s face and the younger mindlessly placed her hand over Nana’s hand that was caressing her face. Nana looked at the younger lips before she went back staring at Lizzy’s eyes. Jooyeon was about to enter the room, but she stopped when she heard Nana. Although she didn’t want to eavesdrop but later on she’d done it too.

“F-from the moment I m-met you I admire your personality, h-how great you are, sociable, and you know, you really are very pretty, Soo Young.” She smiled soflty.

“I-I, I think I-I’m.” Before she could say more she lost all of her control that she had and she pressed her lips to the other girl’s. She could feel the way Lizzy had stiffened with wide eyes. The younger wanted pushed her off, but her body didn’t obey her. In the end she relaxed as she moved their mouths together. Lizzy was about to asked an entrance until she realized what she was doing and she immediately broke the kiss.

“I-I’m sorry Jin,” She looked at the floor she couldn’t bare looking to Nana’s eyes. The older one was silent feeling hurt at the younger response.

“but I cannot accept it. I feel that I’m cheating on Doojoon. I-I…just forget what happen tonight.” Nana had no idea what to do. She didn’t prepare for this kind of rejection and it felt like she was going to break down in any moment, but she kept her posture as it was. A small part of her wanted to shoot herself in the head for doing such a stupid things like this. The other part, the bigger part, she hope she had never told Lizzy about her feelings towards her. Lizzy’s tears began to fall. Nana wanted to brush the tears away, but had no courage to do it. She just kept shut and afraid to spit out a word that would hurt her love one more. She thought that maybe Soo Young was disgusted of her.

“Jin, I’m really really sorry.” She quickly stood from her seat and ran towards the door. Jooyeon heard running footsteps that were coming near to her direction. So she ran to the nearest empty room and hid herself. Nana sat there stuck and didn’t know what to do. She just let her ran away from her without even saying anything. Jooyeon went to the room and sat next to her caressing her back.

“Sorry,” The only word came out from .

Since that night she never heard of Lizzy even in the weekends. She never texted her or she dare to send a message by telling an apology. The world without her was worse than hell she thought. She felt really empty. She wasn’t eating properly and sometimes she isolates herself from her friends. During her Korean Literature class, Lizzy was avoiding any kind of conversation and sat away as possible from her. She felt really hurt and at the same time pathetic in her situation. After school, Nana was sitting at the park alone.

“Nana unni, hello?” E-young waved her hand in front her.

“Sorry,”

“Are you okay? You’ve been like this for a month who’s not paying attention in the class. What’s the problem? I might help you.” E-young said with concern.

“I’m okay, you don’t need to worry.”

“How can you say that? When you look so pale these days and seems like you’re not eating for ages. I’m your friend I’m ready to help you. Jooyeon unni was asking you the other day because you were avoiding them. I’ve never seen you with your best friend  before, is it Lizzy unni?” Nana didn’t answer she only stayed silent in front of the bubbly girl. She never had said her name since that day, but refused to say anything.

“It’s okay, if you’re not ready to tell me now, but when you feel like you are ready. You can call me I’ll be there for you and visit at your place.” E-young said only to cheer her up. Nana only smiled and her friend left her alone to have some time to think.

It’s been four months when that confession happened. She wanted her Soo Young back, but she had no idea how to make it up with her; the other day at school. She missed those lips but she would never again have them for herself. She knew that those lips were only for her oppa. How she wished she was her girlfriend and her brother never fell for her.

“Nana, wait!” She heard the familiar voice that was calling her at the hallway. She decided to ignore it but a pair of hands grabbed her wrist.

“Why?” Jooyeon catching her breath.

“Why are you avoiding us? I wanna talk to you in private now at the back of the school.” Nana knew if she said no she wouldn’t leave her; she accepted it.

“I knew what happen to the both of you that night.” Nana was quite for a while trying to cover up hurt expression until she asked.

“Jooyeon unni? I don’t want to be rude but what do you want?” Nana asked in monotone.

“I’m sorry,”

“Huh?sorry for what?”

“If it wasn’t for my stubbornness for you guys to let you to drink that night. Maybe you and Lizzy are still friends.”

“Unni, it wasn’t your fault it was I who’s at fault. I should have never told her about it. I was so stupid enough to let that happen.” Nana said with a stoic face.

“Lizzy, is avoiding us too it’s hurts to see you two like this. I feel like I’m responsible about this I-” Nana placed her hand on Jooyeon’s shoulder. She smiled and shook her head.

“I’m sorry, It’s my decision. I want to be alone.” After that she hugged Jooyeon and left her at the back of the school.

The other say at school Nana decided to practice a little bit in the dance class. Kahi was leaning on the wall while watching her. She noticed that her talented student had been tiring herself. Then she asked her when the song was finished.

“Nana, are you alright? You’re even staying even if you do not have your class with me in some other days.”

“Sunbae, I just wanna practice.”Nana said although her excuse wasn’t that convincing to her mentor.

“Where’s your friend? I’ve never seen her for a long time.” Kahi asked in concerned to the blonde girl who was standing in the middle of the room. She didn’t wanna talk about her, but most people who knew her always ask about her.

“S-she’s busy these days.”

After her tiring practice, Nana’s brother was waiting that day in front of their school. She was far from the two. She saw Lizzy hugged her oppa when Lizzy saw her. She quickly pressed her lips to Doojoon. At first Doojoon was shocked at the sudden kissed but later on he gladly responded. Some students looked at them, but Lizzy didn’t care at all. Nana felt like someone just stabbed her to her chest. She felt like that she was going to cry, but stood there with courage never showing her that she was weak to not withstand that.

‘She has never done that before in front of me. Why now? Are you enjoying hurting me? Soo Young? Because of that stupid confesssion’ She tried her best not tear up and fortunately her eyes obeyed her. Lizzy broke the kissed with a smirk on her lips. Nana saw every bit of it without any missed seconds.

“Lizzy, I really miss that kind of kiss.” Doojoon said with a satisfied look on his face.

“Oppa, same.” Lizzy, only responded shortly. “Let’s go before the sun would set.” Lizzy went in the car without waiting for boyfriend to open it. The car disappeared in front of the gate. E-young saw all that scene and approached Nana whose tears were falling after the car vanished in front of the school.

“Nana unni?” E-young hugged the girl in front her. Nana couldn’t take it anymore and she sobbed softly on E-young’s shoulder.

“It’s okay, I’ll walk you home.” E-young said.


Hi guys, I'm back for another chapter, yay!. I should have been posted this fic yesterday, but my really smart Iphone kept me busy. All the artworks were gone so I needed to get them back, but sadly I didn'y T_T. I made this chapter longer I'm hoping that you would enjoy this. If someone out there is a big fan of Lizzy. Sorry, she has to be like this for a while don't worry it will get better later on. Don't kill me LOL! I chose that song I just happened to listen one of the orange caramel's song. I was so curious enough to listen to one of their mandarin song hehe.

Thanks for the new subscribers I really appreciate it ^^.