Chapter 1

Frienship? Or Love?

“Well done guys don’t be late for tomorrows class that’s for you too, Nana. You were late again for today’s class you should work on your late habits. Geez, you have talent, but you would get bad marks in this class if you're late again got it?” Her sunbaenim giving her a glare and Nana felt goose bumps whenever her sunbae do that. Although she looked expressionless inside she was scared like hell.

“Nae, Kahi sunbae..s-sorry” She bowed for almost like a million times just to please her mentor.

“Now, go now you should get home now.”

“Bye, see you tomorrow.” And she immediately fled out of the dance room. Lizzy was waiting for her outside and giggling as she heard that her best friend got another sermon again from her sunbaenim.

“Yah! Im Nana, you’ve got another lecture from Kahi sunbae again. Your house is not that far from here, but you’re always late.” Lizzy hugged her from behind and Nana looked at her with a smile on her face.

“You know that I have spare time before my dance class.” Lizzy let go her hold onto her and Nana turned around to face her. She leaned forward as she put her right hand onto Lizzy’s and whispered. “I would rather get a sleep instead of staying here at school without doing nothing.” Lizzy felt her hot breath on her ear and she felt the blood rushing to her cheeks. She quickly lowered her head and Nana went back to her usual position.

“Lizzy ah..you okay?” Nana looked at her with her icy glare.

“Shǎzi!” She blurted out. The two of them started to walk and they headed outside of the school.

“I really hate you when you’re using mandarin. Babo, I know that word I’m not a fool.”

“I’m not a fool neither,” They exchanged playful punches until they reached the gate. A car was waiting outside the gate and the guy was leaning on it.

“Ajusshi? What are you doing here?” Nana asked while she cocked one of her eyebrow. Her happiness faded away upon seeing her brother waiting outside of their school. Lizzy ran towards her boyfriend; Doojoon gave her a hugged and quick peck on the lips. On the other hand Nana felt her chest tightened, but she didn’t know why. She was used to these kind of stuff before, but that feeling she was having now was unfamiliar for her.

“Geez, Miss Ice Princess I’m not that old to call me Ajusshi yet.”

“Just get used to it oppa,” He only shook his head.

“Sorry, Nana I forgot to tell you that I’m going out with Doojoon oppa today. Sorry..”

“Nah, it’s ok Lizzy, Ajusshi don’t hurt my best friend or else you’ll never see the light of the day again.” Her hand turned into fist as she waved in front of his face.

“Nae, how scary I wouldn’t do that you know how much I love your best friend.” The two of them laughed while Nana only showed a weak smile. Doojoon opened the door next to the driver’s seat and Lizzy went in.

“Jin ah, I made dinner so you don’t need to make one yourself. I’ll be back staying again in campus and Omma and Appa are now in a business trip. See you next time again dongsaeng.” He ran quickly to the driver’s seat and he started the engine. Lizzy opened the window.

“Nana, see you tomorrow.”

“See you Lizzy ah and Oppa..have a great time.” As soon as the car was gone she felt suddenly empty without her best friend, but instead she shrugged it off and started walking.

-The next day

Nana was in her music class while watching some other students performed in front of the class. One of her friends E-young went in front with her guitar as usual. Nana couldn’t believe that E-young could play most of the instruments. Whether electric, acoustic, bass, piano, and drums and E-young never ceased to amaze her every time she played one of them. She could even sing and dance.

‘This girl is really something.’ She thought as usual Nana had this icy glare even though she was extremely amazed by E-young.  E-young started her performance. She was singing and playing the guitar at the same time. She sang an English song which Nana always hears the word officially missing you. She noticed the person who was sitting beside her was Kaeun. The way Kaeun looked at E-young was weird. If she wasn’t mistaken she saw gleam in her eyes. Yes, she’d to admit that E-young were beautiful and talented, but she only saw her as friend. At Nana’s school girl to girl love was kinda popular. She was attending an all-girls school and she thought of it as disgusting. Actually, the other popular people in this school which were Yoojin or UEE and Jooyeon were officially known as couple in their school. She thought that there was something wrong with her, but she couldn’t figure it out.

“Noh ssi, that was splendid performance, keep it up and who will be the next one to perform.” Jung ah seonsaengnim asked. Kaeun raised her hand as she performed in front of the class using her flute. Then I played piano when it was my turn. The class ended and Korean Literature was her next class. E-young approached her.

“Nana unni, what song that you played a while ago? it was beautiful and that was a good performance too.” Nana only smiled at the compliment.

“That song name is rivers flows in you. You did a great job there that was 101% awesomeness.  Most of our classmates in the class their jaw dropped. BTW, I guess you’ve caught someone’s heart while you were performing.”

“Wae? Who?” E-young asked and Nana looked at the girl who was walking far ahead of them.

“Kaeun? Really?”

“Well, she looked at you in a different way. Yah..I’m late again see you then.” Nana made an excuse as she ran off to her Korean Literature direction and she left E-young hanging with their conversation.

“Yah! Nana unni!”

Nana’s POV

Geez, don’t tell me she’s interested with Kaeun. I don’t understand these people these days. At last I can see Lizzy again.

End of POV

A sudden smile crept up on her face when she thought about Lizzy. Well she didn’t know why she was happy around her, but whenever she was with her. She felt a non-stop happiness. When she arrived in her Korean Literature class she quickly scanned the room and within five seconds. She found her sitting next to the window. Lizzy reserved the seat for her best friend and she took her bag the desk next to her.

“Thanks....Lizzy ah,"

"Hmm??"

 "You look so beautiful today. I like your eyelashes it suit you well.” She sat and rested her chin on her palm. Nana wasn’t aware the way she looked at her best friend.

“A-ahm..thanks, Nana I thought you were late again.” She quickly changed the topic and she felt uncomfortable when Nana looked at her in a weird way. To be more exact Nana looked at her in an affectionate way. She could feel her cheeks turned into red and averted her gaze to the windows beside her left.

”I just don’t like getting lectured by our seonsaengnim again. It really hurts my ear.” Their teacher entered as they started their class.

Lunch came the two of them went to the cafeteria. They joined UEE, Raina, and Jooyeon’s table. Nana kept teasing Lizzy during their lunch. This made it hard for her to hide her reddened cheeks in front of the three. The couple were watching sometimes carefully at Nana’s actions. They chat about some random stuff and when Nana excused herself so she could use a bathroom. The couple suddenly asked Lizzy.

“Lizzy, do you think Nana is somewhat weird?” Raina asked.

“What kind of weird?”

“Well you know I’ve been noticing that Nana these days is too close to you.” UEE said.

“What kind of question was that? Aren’t best friends are like that?” Lizzy tried to avoid the question but in the meantime she couldn’t find an excuse to die down the tension.

“Babo! We mean that a straight girl doesn’t best friend like that. More importantly if your best friend is a girl. You two are like a couple in front of our eyes.” Jooyeon said straight to the point while UEE nodded at her girlfriend’s answer.

“Ai..ya..We were like that before guys why so curious?”

“As I can see now Nana hasn’t realized it yet.” UEE said.

“From what I know she’s not been in a relationship. I’ve heard she's rejected Kris who’s attending in coed school and many of her suitors. Half of them are handsome ya know, but of course UEE is be better. To put it simply she doesn't realized it like UEE said.” Jooyeon said.

“By any chance do you like Nana?” Raina asked with a silly grin on her face.

“Yah! Enough of these I have a boyfriend and I love him.”

“Raina and UEE wanna bet?” Jooyeon wriggle her eyebrows.

“I’m in!” The two said in unison.

“Jooyeon unni what the hell?”

“Well you can’t promise that forever you know? One day you’ll never know you’ll fall in love to your best friend. Okay guys, 23000 won if these two end up falling for each other. Who’s against it?” Jooyeon said with an evil smile on her face.

“I am, I only see them as a best friend anyway, if I win this just give me your precious reward if you know what I mean.” UEE her lips while looking directly to Jooyeon’s eyes.

“I’m with you Jooyeon unni.” Raina said.

“So it’s settled then..I think I’m gonna win this.” Jooyeon laughed with excitement.

“Aigoo, you three are out of your minds.” Nana came back and she was wondering what would be the four were talking about.

“Guys, what’s up?” Then she sat next Lizzy and hugged her then placing her chin near to her neck. Nana’s lips were almost touching the skin and for some reasons Lizzy was having a hard time to steady her breathing. Jooyeon suddenly slammed her hand on the table just to get Nana’s attention away from Lizzy. The other four got startled from the sudden action of Jooyeon. Lizzy was relieved at the sudden interruption.

“What’s the problem?” Nana asked with a slightly annoyed expression as she let go of the hold on Lizzy.

“Wanna go out on Friday just to have a little karaoke night? Who wanna join?” Jooyeon said.

“That would be great unni we were tired of school anyway. We need fun sometimes too.” Raina anwered.

“I’ll come”

“We’ll come” The Chinese girl and the Ice Princess answered. The bell rang and all the other students stood from their seats.

“Oh, I have Math now.” Nana said and she was about to kissed Lizzy on the cheeks, but Lizzy turned to her direction and Nana kissed the end of Lizzy’s lips. Nana cheeks began to blush.

“S-see you Lizzy..see you guys.”She left quickly at the cafeteria. Lizzy stood there like a stone on what just happened a while ago and she didn’t have the time to respond to Nana.

“Maybe she’s trying to process what just happened.” The three laughed and Lizzy went back to reality.

“Btw, thanks about earlier.”

“Not a problem I could see that you looked you were in trouble and I had plan that karaoke night in advance.” Jooyeon gesturing the okay gesture.

“Guys, I have to go I have classes too, see you.”

“See you Nana..” Jooyeon said jokingly. Lizzy only glared Jooyeon and left the cafeteria while the two giggled at Lizzy’s facial expression.

“Phew! That was close..” Lizzy shut her eyes and she let out a big sighed.


So this is chapter one and I'm thanking for those people who subscribed to my stories. I never expect to have one or more subscribers from you guys, but I'm really happy thank you ; btw there will be pairings on the other members of After School. I apologize if this chapter T_T. I tried my best to come up with a good story, but this was all I have right now. It's hard to maintain Nana's Ice Princess title if it is a little bit off, sorry LOL! Lizzy's attitude is okay for me, but Nana ahaha..Please bare with me for a while and in advance I cannot update daily because of school. Geez, my teachers are giving me bunch of homeworks and reports. I wanted to edit pictures to put in the background or main image but I had no time on doing that. If there are some grammatical errors or spelling I'll try to check them next time. Hope you'll enjoy this chapter see you in the next chapter ^^