Cafe and Second Confession

He's my First Love

You sighed as you slowly washed the dirty dishes after a very long day. After that confession, you started to get close to him. He got your phone number and the both of you often talked. If not, texted. "Close friends eh?" You muttered as you wiped clean the last dish. "Aiyah, you is really a great and hardworking girl eh?" The shopkeeper patted your back. "I'll do the rest." She smiled.

"Ah, no it's alright-"

"A girl with a broken heart needs a break sometimes." She cooed. Your eyes got watery and when she hugged you, you broke. You turned into a sobbing mess, your tears never stopping. "Why him?" You asked.

"Your heart just needs to wait you. It may hurt, but love isn't love without the pain." She carressed your hair. "Thank you." You shakingly smiled then dressed up and went to your house. You pouted as you lied on your soft and comfy bed. Why him? Why heart, why? You asked to yourself as you let a tear slip again and you drifted to dream land. 

--- The next day ---

You forcefully dragged yourself to the cafe that you were working on. Sighs escaping your lips and your eyelids shutting your eyesight. "Stop being so heart-broken you..." You glared at the mirror that you were passing by. "Ah, I'm here. Hooray." You cheered as you opened the door. You looked up and you let out a gasp, then covered your mouth in shock. 

"Everyone, meet your new workmate. Jungsu!" The shopkeeper clapped.

"Hi every one! I'm Park Jungsu, but please call me Leeteuk! " He bowed 90 degrees and smiled, until he saw you. His smile suddenly grew brighter and he waved his hands with energy. "Hi you!" He smiled. Your expression shifted into a weary smile, "Hi Leeteuk." You smiled back, and your pain was well-hidden.

"Nice, we get to be in the same cafe!" He beamed. "Okay Teukkie, you can work as a waiter. Now, off you go!" The shopkeeper said then she swiftly pulled you to the kitchen. "Are you alright? You look like you're in misery." She sighed.

"I-It's... Nothing..." You tried to smile. 

"Oh. It's him isn't he."

"N-neh..." You said, and again, tears threatened to fall. 

"Mianhae.... Love really hurts, but you have to bear it to get your prize okay?"

"Yes miss." You breathed deeply then walked to the lockers to change. After you changed, you went to get your apron and the shopkeeper gave you a pat on the back. You grinned and started your work. 

Everytime you glanced at him, you simply smiled. Because you saw that he's enjoying his job. One time he even caught you staring at him. But he simply smiled and waved. You blushed and waved back, then stopped staring at him. Well, not entirely stop, but not all the time. A week has passed, and your friendship grew, along with your feelings for him. 

"Too bad you love him, yet you can't even have him." Ellis sighed as she looked at you with a very pitiful gaze.

"What?! You know?!" You gasped.

"Yeah. It's obvious." She shrugged.

You sighed and then asked, "Why do you think that I don't stand a chance?"

"Didn't you hear? It seems like he's interested in Taeyeon." Ellis sighed.

Your brain seemd to stop as you the information in. He likes Taeyeon?! You tried to smile but failed. Again, your tears formed and almost fell. That is until the door opened to reveal the shopkeeper. "Ladies, get going! Oh, you, what's wrong?" She asked as she placed her hand on your head. 

"You heard? Don't worry, that's just a rumor, nothing more!" She reassured you and with one last pat, she walked away.

"Yeah, it's just a rumor you . Don't take it to heart okay?" Ellis said then left you alone. 

Don't take it to heart, they said. You sighed then went back to the cafe. Everytime you had eye contact with him, you awkwardly looked away, even though his smile is kind of hard to ignore. He pouted and finally approached you at the end of the shift. "you, what's wrong?" He asked you. 

You froze as you looked at him, but immediately looked away, afraid that your feelings might spill out. "Answer me." He grabbed your arms and turned you around. You flinched at his touch. "I-I.." You may be facing him, but you still turned your head away. "you, tell me." He gave you a stare that sent shivers down your spine.

"I.... I still love y-you..." You whispered. His eyes widened, showing that he heard your confession. 

"you... I..."

"It's alright, I know how you feel anyway-"

"Don't get me wrong, I love you like a best friend."

"Yeah... Sorry for troubling you with my feelings again..." You said while faking a smile.

"No worries. Friends?" He asked then extended his hand. You accepted it then shook it. You again smiled then walked away. "See you tomorrow you!" He waved.

"Bye!" You smield and waved back, then ran to your house.