4 4

I'm Stupid For Loving You ♥

-Jaejoong-

It’s already 5:47 in the evening. We’ve been waiting in the hallway of the hospital for the last two hours. The doctor had run tests for LiYin, who is still inside her room with the doctor. She been unconscious for a bit longer than two hours and there were still no news from the doctor himself. Most of the people who were at the game this afternoon were still here. Some of them had to leave because of work or because they just had to get home. Jay and Cici were still waiting for LiYin’s update.

A couple minutes later, the door finally opened and the doctor came out with his clipboard and a nurse right behind him. He scribbled something on a piece of paper and ripped it off to give to the nurse. The nurse then scurried away and left us with the doctor.

“How is she doctor?” I immediately asked him about LiYin’s condition.

“Well, a part of skull cracked open when she hit her head against the solid surface. It’s not a big crack, but it’s big enough to get stitches. I’ve already got the stitches in her, so it should start healing. But because it’s just the beginning of the healing stage, we want her to stay at the hospital for a few nights. She really not in any danger, but she’ll be sleeping for a couple more hours. I’ve told the nurse to go grab some pain killers for her. So make sure, when she wakes up and feels pain, tell her to take a pill. The patient is really weak right now, so it would be best if not a lot of people go in and see her. I would recommend someone staying with her for tonight. That is all. The nurse will come in every now and then to check up on her.” The doctor explained LiYin’s condition to us before walking off in the opposite direction of where the nurse scurried away.

Without even saying anything, Jay quickly stood up and walked into LiYin’s room. The others tried to follow but I stopped them.

“Remember what the doctor said? Having too much people going in isn’t a good idea. How about you all go home and rest for tonight and come back tomorrow morning to see her? I’m sure you are all tired and hungry.” I persuaded them.

They all nodded and turned to leave the hospital. The only one left was Cici. She seemed to be really worried. She kept on blaming herself for LiYin’s misery.

“Cici, don’t worry, LiYin’s fine. You should go home and rest. You’ve had a tiring day.” I encouraged her.

“But I want to see her. I’m so worried.” She whimpered.

“It’s okay. Even the doctor said that she’s fine. I’m sure LiYin doesn’t blame you. Go home for now, rest up, and then come back tomorrow morning.” I smiled at her.

She took my advice and turned her head, ready to leave. But then she suddenly turned back around and pulled me into a hug. I was shocked to because it was so sudden.

“Cici…” I whispered. My hands were still by my side. Even though another woman is hugging me, I still feel no emotion. The only person that I feel happy getting hugs from would be LiYin.

“Thanks Jaejoong.” She smiled and let go of me before hazily walking away.

After I watched her leave, I quietly turned the knob of the door and opened to see Jay sitting on a white chair beside LiYin’s bed. His hands were holding onto LiYin’s right hand and his head was placed above the bonded hands. I could see how miserable Jay felt. But I couldn’t help to feel a bit of jealousy. A part of me wished that I was the one who was holding onto LiYin’s hand.

“Jay, do you want to go down and grab something to eat?” I asked him.

He shook his head and uttered nothing.

“Look, the doctor said that LiYin won’t be awake for another couple hours. We might as well go down to the canteen and grab something to eat. If you’re going to watching LiYin all night, might as well get some energy.” I said to him.

As if understanding, he stood up from his seat, looked at LiYin one more time, and walked out with me to the elevators. The entire way downstairs, neither of us spoke a word. It was dead silent fifteen seconds passed. We reached the bottom floor and walked towards the canteen. Even though it was dinner time, there weren’t a lot of people eating. We walked over to the ordering line-up and ordered our choice of dinner. For me, it was the chicken teriyaki combo, and for Jay, it was the salad and sandwich combo. My dinner compared to his dinner was like junk food.

“Don’t just poke your food. Eat it.” I told him as he picked at his food.

“I don’t have the mood to eat.” He mumbled quietly. He seemed to be in a really miserable state.

“Hey, you don’t want LiYin to wake up and see a tired and hungry looking Jay in front of her, do you?” I asked him with an eyebrow raised.

As if finally understanding my words, he lifted his sandwich to his mouth and took a bite. Even though it may be a small bite but as long as he is eating, it’s all good. We continued to eat the rest of our dinner. After we were finished, the both of us threw away the garbage and started to walk towards the elevator. Just as the elevator door opened, I suddenly remembered that I had to call someone.

“You go back up first. I have to call LiYin’s grandma.” I told Jay. He nodded and the door closed. I took out my cell phone and dialed back to the house.

“Grandma, its Jaejoong.” I said quietly into the phone.

“Jaejoong? Why are you calling? Shouldn’t you be having dinner with LiYin right now?” She asked.

“LiYin… she’s in the hospital.” I told her.

“What?! Did you just say my LiYin is in the hospital? What happened?!” She shouted.

“She hit her head and cracked a bit of her skull. The doctor said she’s fine. She just got a couple stitches and there’s nothing to worry about.” I explained.

“I’ll be there right away!” She told me. I could tell she was very nervous and worried.

“Grandma, it may not be the best time to see her. It’s already late and outside is already dark. It won’t be safe for you to come here alone. Plus, the doctor said that LiYin will be asleep for most of tonight. It might be best if you come tomorrow morning. I’ll stay here with her. I promise to be by her side when she wakes up. You should just go to sleep for now and don’t think about anything. Remember, LiYin is fine.” I suggested to her.

“Fine, I’ll be there tomorrow morning then. Take care of her Jaejoong.” She calmed down.

“I will.” I replied. Afterwards, she hung up and told me she was going to go to bed. I put away my phone and got into the next elevator that came down. When I reached the sixth floor, which was the floor that LiYin was located, I stepped out of the elevator and saw Jay on the phone.

“Alright, I’ll be back soon. Get the files for me.” He sighed before shutting the phone and looking up at me.

“Something came up at the company, so I’ll have to go. Take care of LiYin if she wakes up. Text or call me if anything happens. I’ll be back tomorrow morning to check up on her.” Jay instructed.

“Okay.” I responded.

“Jaejoong, please take care of her in the future when she’s not in China. She grew up with just her grandma, so I hope you can help me take care of her in the future because I’ll be flying around the world a lot soon.” He put his hand on my shoulder.

“But… why are you handing her to me if you love her?” I asked him with confusion in my eyes.

“Love her? Yes, I do love her in a sisterly way, but it’s not the kind of love that you think it is. I can easily see that you’re the one who’s in love with her. Even though I don’t want to admit it, I can tell you’re a great guy and LiYin will find happiness with you.” He laughed quietly.

I stared at him as if I thought he was lying but the way he looked at me seemed like he was telling the truth.

“Don’t worry. I’ll stay by her side.” I replied with a half smile. Jay smiled and then bid his good-bye.

After Jay left, I crept into LiYin’s room to make sure she’s still alright. I saw that she was still sleeping on the bed peacefully. I sat down on the chair that was put beside the bed. Even though the chair was plastic, it was better than sleeping on the floor. The negative thing about this room was that there was no couch to sleep on. The floor was way too cold to lie down on. After a while, I couldn’t help but let my eyes fall shut. Since LiYin wasn’t going to wake up for a while, I might as well get some sleep.

It wasn’t even three hours later when I heard a strange noise. I slowly opened my eyes to see LiYin awake and trying to get out of the bed. I quickly stood up and stopped before she did anything clumsy.

“What are you doing? You just woke up and you want to walk?” I asked her with a worried tone.

“Bathroom…” She said in a hoarse voice. I understood and helped her to the private washroom. I waited outside the door until she was finished. I slowly helped her back onto the bed so she could get some more rest.

“I’m a human. I have legs. I can walk.” She said really quietly as if hurt a lot.

“I’m fully aware of that, but because you just got in an accident, I can’t let you walk around by yourself. The doctor said your injury is nothing big. You just cracked a bit of your skull. He gave you stitches but you’ll have to stay in the hospital for a couple days.” I explained to her. “Does your head hurt?” I asked her.

She shook her head slowly, as if afraid that her head would fall off any minute.

“How is Cici?” She asked me.

“She’s blaming herself for the accident. I told her to not worry. Are you mad at her?” I asked her.

“Am I the type of person to get mad over something like this?” She asked me back.

“Of course!” I joked with a laugh. LiYin tried to raise her arm to try and punch me but she put it back down because she must have felt tired.

“How long have I been like this for?” She asked me.

“Quite a few hours. Probably around five hours.” I counted. LiYin stayed quiet after I told her. I looked at her and saw that there were tears coming out of her eyes.

“What’s wrong?” I asked her.

“I thought I was gone. I’ve let everyone get worried because of me.” She muttered.

“Hey, this was just a small accident. It’s not life threatening. And plus, we should be worried about you. If we’re not worried, we’re not your friends.” I comforted her as I pulled her into my embrace. Her face buried into my shoulder as she tried to stop her tears.

“Thanks Jaejoong. You’re always here whenever I’m in trouble.” She smiled as she looked at me in the eyes. Suddenly, she gave me a quick peck on the cheek before lying back down on the bed. She turned her face the other way so I couldn’t see her. I stared at her, surprised by what she did. This was the first time she kissed me. Even though it was just a peck on the cheek, I was as happy as a pig rolling in mud.

I smiled as I watched her breathing turned normal again. It seemed like she had fallen asleep. Sitting back on the couch, I also fell asleep with a happy mood.