2 1

I'm Stupid For Loving You ♥

-Eunji-

“Oh my god, why do we have so much garbage?” I grunted as I dragged two bags of smelly garbage into the bin.

It’s been weeks since LiYin confessed to Junsu and fell sick. Ever since then, Junsu and LiYin’s friendship continued to build. They didn’t seem like regular friends, but they didn’t seem like they were boyfriend and girlfriend. But as long as LiYin was smiling, that’s all that counted.

Speaking of dating, my relationship with Yunho isn’t improving much. I still couldn’t feel much desire for him. At first, I thought that I was actually starting to develop feelings for him, but it ended up being feelings like a brother instead of a boyfriend. I know Yunho would hate me if I told him I’m only dating him out of sympathy. To be truthful, I wasn’t all that interested in him. I’ll just wait for him to break up with me.

I tried to haul the garbage into the garbage room and hold the door open at the same time, but it didn’t work.

“Stupid garbage bags!” I grunted out in frustration.

“Here, I’ll help you.” A voice suddenly came from behind me.

I turned around to see Junsu. He took the two garbage bags out of my hands and dragged them for me.

“Thanks.” I thanked him.

“Not a problem.” He smiled back.

I have to admit. Junsu really is a really charismatic guy. He knew how to treat a girl nicely.

“Any plans today?” He asks me as we walk back.

“I don’t think so. I think I’m home all day today. I’ll probably watch some movies. What about you?” I ask him.

“I’ll be going out later tonight. But right now, I’m so bored. Do you want to join me in getting some ice cream?” He invites me.

“Sure. Just let me get my wallet.” I said as I grab my keys from my jean pockets.

“No need. I’m treating you. Let’s go!” Junsu said as he grabbed my wrist and pulled me to the elevator.

The only other person who would grab me was Yunho. But that’s because he’s my boyfriend.

Junsu was really friendly with everyone, even girls. He was even friendly with me. He treated me just like how he treats LiYin. But I would never flirt back with Junsu. I didn’t like seeing LiYin getting upset. Because I know when she sees Junsu flirting with other girls, her mood turns down immediately.

But whenever LiYin and Junsu were together, they’d be laughing and joking around. She was really happy when Junsu was around.

“Here.” Junsu handed me a strawberry shortcake cone. I was sitting down on the chairs, waiting for Junsu to come back with my ice cream. I said I would pay him back, but he insisted on buying.

“Thanks.” I said as I took the cone from him and took a big bite out of it.

“Yumm.” I smiled.

I heard Junsu chuckle.

“What’s so funny?” I ask him with a weird expression.

“There’s something on the side of your lip. Here, let me help you.” He said as he took a napkin and dabbed the side of my lips.

I flinched as he touched me. I could feel my face burning.

“Are you okay Eunji? Your face is all red.” Junsu said as he placed the back of his hand on my forehead.

“Uh… I’m okay! It’s just the weather is getting a bit hot.” I said as I pulled my head away from his touch. I didn’t know why I was blushing in the first place.

I finished off my ice cream quickly and then said that I had to get back home to finish cleaning the house. He said that he also had to get going. He apparently had to meet up with some friends.

For the entire day, I was home alone, just cleaning up the house. By the time LiYin got back home, I was on the couch lying down like I was dead.

“What have you been doing all day? You look so tired.” LiYin said as she took dropped her purse on the couch and went to the kitchen to grab an apple.

“I’ve been cleaning up all day long. You should thank me.” I said as I threw a pillow at her.

“I am! Thank you.” She laughed as she caught the pillow and put it neatly on the couch.

“Shouldn’t you be eating dinner instead of an apple?” I asked her, one eyebrow raised.

“Jaejoong kind of bought me some food. I’m not hungry, so an apple would be fine with me.” She replied as she turned the TV on.

“Well, have fun eating your apple. I’m going to go take a shower and then go to bed. I’m so tired.” I said as I got up from the couch and walked back into my room to shower.

-Zhang Li Yin-

After finishing my apple, I finished watching the drama that was on TV. Then, I got up and went back into my room to take a shower.

After taking a nice hot shower, I went outside to the balcony to see if Junsu was there. Most of the nights, he was found to be sitting on his chair on his balcony. We’d talk until it struck twelve. Sometimes even later.

“Oh, you’re back from work.” Junsu said as he noticed that I sat down on the chair.

“Yeah. Got back awhile ago. Is Jaejoong not back yet?” I asked him. Jaejoong and I didn’t go home together because he said he still had some things to finish before he was able to leave.

“Not that I know of. You know him, he’s such a workaholic.” Junsu laughed.

“You’re right. One day, we should all just go on vacation on some beautiful island.” I said as I imagined myself walking along the beach with Junsu.

I know that I should be giving up on him. But he’s just way too nice to me. He treats me as if he actually likes me. That’s what I hate about him. But I can’t help myself but fall more for him. The way he smiles at me, the way he asks me about my day, and the way he takes care of me. Those are all the reason why I can’t give up on him.

I really do hate myself that I can’t give up on him. Even Eunji thinks I should just give up on someone like Junsu. She says I’m better off with someone else who will actually appreciate the things I do.

“What’s on your mind?” Junsu interrupts my thoughts.

“Uh… Just thinking about what we should do if we do go on vacation.” I lied.

“What opinions do you have?” He asks me.

“Not sure. What options do you have thought out?” I asked.

“I was thinking that we should go to somewhere where the beach is nice and clean, the water is clear blue, and the food is delicious.” He recited.

“Wow… That’s no help. There are lots of places that are like that around the world.” I laughed. He has no brain.

“Fine, if you’re so smart, why don’t you look to see what places are good for vacation?” He crossed his arms across his chest.

“I will, tomorrow. I’ll have to tell Eunji about it too. She’ll probably invite Yunho along. Why don’t you ask Jaejoong if he wants to go too? He needs to get away from work for a while and relax.” I suggested.

“Yeah, I’ll ask him. But speaking of Eunji and Yunho. How are things with them?” He asks me.

“Shouldn’t you know too? You’re friends with Yunho.” I pointed at him.

“I’ve been busy lately.” He said quietly.

“Well, Eunji has told me that things are going quite well. She didn’t say anything else though.” I replied.

“Mhmm… I see.” Junsu said as he put his arms behind his head.

“So I see you and Jaejoong have been seeing each other almost every day at work. How do you feel?” He asks me.

“What do you mean?” I asked him, confused. What was he trying to say?

“Well, since you and Jaejoong have been seeing each other all the time, isn’t there any feelings developing?” He laughed.

‘Would there be feelings developing between Jaejoong and I when the person I like is you?’ I thought to myself.

“I don’t like him, if that’s what you’re implying.” I told him.

“Okay, whatever you say.” He laughed.

‘Time to change subjects.’ I thought.

“What about you? How is your love life?” I asked him, knowing that I’ll regret once he answers.

“My love life? I have no one that I like at the moment. I have lots of people that I take interest in. But none of them are so interesting that it makes me like them a lot.” He replied as-matter-of-factly.

‘Yeah right, as if I’ll believe you.’ I thought to myself.

“Actually, there is someone.” Junsu suddenly said.

‘Oh no… Here is comes” I thought as I mentally smacked myself on the head.

“Who’s the lucky girl?” I asked him.

“Well, we’re not exactly dating. But I was thinking of asking her out on a date. I’m just not sure if she’ll accept or not.” He confessed as he looked into the night sky with ease.

‘Ouch… Does he really have to tell me this? Well, then again, I’m the one that brought it up. I guess he’s already forgotten that I like him.’ I thought in my head.

“Oh really? Give yourself some confidence. You’ll do fine.” I assured him. I tried my best not to look upset in front of him. I don’t want my depression to be his burden.

“Thanks, I’ll need it.” He laughed.

We sat there for a while. I was staring out into the space. The image of Junsu and I walking along the beach vanished from my mind. That could only happen in my dreams.

“I’ve decided! I’m going to talk to her about it tomorrow!” Junsu suddenly bursted out as he jumped up from his seat.

“That’s good. I wish you the best of luck.” I smiled weakly at him. I truly do wish him best of luck, but somehow, deep inside my heart, I know that the outer pieces of my heart are breaking off one piece at a time.

“Thanks for listening to me talk LiYin! I’m going to go get some sleep. I’ll need lots of energy for tomorrow. Oh, and don’t forget, search up some places that will be good for vacationing.” Junsu said before he waved good night and went back inside his room to sleep.

“Why do I even like him?!” I shouted with passion as I dove into my bed blankets and kicked my legs around like a five year old child.