2 4

I'm Stupid For Loving You ♥

-Jaejoong-

Even though the hide and seek game continued for another hour or so yesterday, LiYin didn’t seem like she was fully into the game. It felt like she was thinking of something else. I kept asking her what was wrong, but she said she was just tired.

It’s been three days since that game. And during those three days, we explored many great places around the island. We ate lots of delicious food.

Today, we are going to the water theme park. The weather was so hot. We couldn’t stand walking around in the blazing sun and getting all sweaty. We’d rather be around cool, refreshing water.

“Wow! This place is so big!” Eunji squealed when we stood in front of the entrance with our bags and everything.

“What are we waiting for? Let’s go!” Yunho shouted as he dragged Eunji with him.

The rest of us followed suit. We paid for our ticket and went straight into the theme park. Junsu, Yunho and I went to the boy’s change room while Eunji and LiYin went into the girls. After changing and putting our belongings into lockers, we go outside to meet up with the girls, who were unexpectedly wearing nothing but bikinis.

I could feel myself boiling up. Even though I don’t like Eunji in that way, I must admit that she has a really nice figure. LiYin did too. Both of them surprised me. I thought they were going to wear shorts and a t-shirt on top of their bikinis.

“Stop gawking at me.” Eunji said as she smacked Yunho on the arm.

“My bad.” Yunho laughed as he hugged her.

“I think you should cover up. I’ll give you my t-shirt if you want.” I whispered to LiYin.

I don’t know why, but I don’t like the fact that guys around us were staring at LiYin like some sort of meat. Even Junsu was taking a double look at her. But I could tell that she liked Junsu’s attention.

Is this how it feels when the person you like doesn’t want your attention but your best friend’s attention?

While LiYin was heads over heels for Junsu, she couldn’t see that I’m always worried about her. I just want her to know about my feelings a bit more. But I’m not brave enough to tell her.

I feel a bit stupid for liking someone who won’t like you back.

-Zhang Li Yin-

‘Plan A is working. I’m getting Junsu’s attention.’ I thought as Junsu grabbed my arm and took us to the water slide.

I knew that Junsu liked me wearing something like this. Even though I didn’t feel very comfortable wearing this, I wanted Junsu’s attention.

It seemed like he was not only staring at me, he was staring at all the other girls at the park, even Eunji.

I could sense that Junsu was secretly sneaking glances at Eunji. Inside, I felt really depressed that he was doing this.

There has to be something going on. But I’m too afraid to find out. What if the information was too much for me to handle?

The water slide was so much fun. It brings back memories from when I was a little kid. Even though the slide is a simple ride, it was a fun ride. I enjoyed it.

“That was so much fun!” Eunji shouted as she and Yunho walked towards Junsu, Jaejoong and I. They were holding hands with each other. I could feel a bit of jealousy stir up inside.

I wasn’t jealous because Eunji’s boyfriend is Yunho. I’m jealous that she’s able to be with someone who likes her. But I also felt bad for Yunho, since he doesn’t know that Eunji’s doesn’t like him more than a friend.

“Let’s go on that one!” Eunji pointed to a huge ride. It was probably the tallest ride in the entire theme park. It’s kind of like a big bowl. You go on this little rubber boat, which is only limited to two person per boat, and you ride down, then the next thing you know, you’ll be rising up onto the other side of the bowl.

“Uh… I’d rather not.” I said. I hated rides like those. It was too high for me.

“Yunho! Come with me!” Eunji pouted at him.

“I think I’m out for this one.” He protested.

“Hyung, go on it with me.” Junsu begged Jaejoong.

“I’m out too.” He pleaded.

“LiYin! Please go on it with me.” Junsu asked me with puppy eyes.

Even though I have to admit he looks really cute while doing that, I’m still not going on.

“No.” I gave him a simple answer.

“Why don’t you two go together?” Jaejoong suggested.

Eunji and Junsu looked at each other with a surprised face.

“NO!” They both shouted at the same time.

“It’s either you two go on it together or you don’t go at all. It’s up to you.” Jaejoong shrugged.

‘The two of them sitting close together? I don’t like the sound of that.’ I thought, worried.

“Fine…” They both gave in with a sigh.

“Have fun!” I smiled at them. I tried not to show my upset mood.

“Hurry up.” Junsu said as he walked ahead of Eunji.

“I’m coming! Geeze…” she said as she followed him to line up.

‘I wonder if it’s okay for me to let them go alone?...’ I thought in my head.

I watched as they walked all the way up to the top of the ride. By the time they reached the top, they looked exhausted. I watched as they stood next to each other, whispering something into each other’s ears and then laughing. I saw Eunji smack Junsu in the arm in a playful way.

Jealousy hit me when she hit Junsu. I wished I was the one who was up there flirting around with Junsu.

“You know, it won’t make you feel any better if you just look at them.” Jaejoong suddenly said to me.

I looked at him and then around us. Yunho wasn’t around.

“What do you mean?” I asked him, confused.

Jaejoong’s a smart guy. He’s probably figured out why I’m so down.

“You don’t have to lie to me. The other night, you were crying. I don’t know what you saw, but it must have to do with Junsu. Even today, when he’s talking to you or his attention is directed to you, you’re so happy and you’re always smiling. But when he’s talking to someone else or his attention is directed to someone else, you seem to be upset.” He read me like a book.

I stayed silent for a couple moments until Jaejoong spoke again.

“LiYin… if it’s really hard for you to like him, why don’t you just give up?” He asks me.

“I try… But it’s so hard for me to give up on him, especially when I see him almost every single day. We’re always talking at night on our balconies.” I tell him.

“And has anything changed? After you confessed I mean.” He asked me.

“Actually, our friendship improved a lot. He’s always taking care of me, calling me, and telling me to eat properly.” I told him.

“And has he hinted to you in any way that tells you he likes you?” Jaejoong fired the question at me.

I took my time to think it over.

“No… He hasn’t.” I said quietly with a frown.

“Then you should just give up. It’s probably the best thing. I don’t want to see you continuing to be all depressed or upset when he’s with another girl.” Jaejoong said quietly.

“I’m fine. I’m not sad. Really.” I tried my best to give him a big smile. I had to let Jaejoong know that I’m alright. I don’t want him to be worried.

“Well, if anything is ever bothering you, you know who to talk to. I’m always by your side.” Jaejoong said with a smile.

“I know, thanks Jaejoong.” I smiled at him.

‘Jaejoong’s always such a great friend. I’m glad that he’s one of my friends.’ I smiled at the though.

Not long after, Yunho came back from using the washroom. Then Eunji and Junsu came back from their ride. Both of them had on a big smile.

“You guys should have been there! He was screaming like a girl!” Eunji couldn’t stop laughing.

“Hey! You were too!” Junsu said as he pointed his finger at Eunji.

“But I’m a girl. You’re a guy!” She continued to laugh.

“Okay okay, enough of the bickering. I’m starving. Let’s go get some food in my stomach.” Jaejoong interrupted their playful fighting.

“Yeah, I’m hungry too.” I smiled as I followed Jaejoong towards the food court area. I didn’t want to see Eunji and Junsu fighting.

‘There’s nothing between them.’ I assured myself with positive thoughts as the five of us took seats and ate our lunch, which consisted of hot dogs, french fries, and pop.

That ended our day. After the theme park, we simply went to a nearby restaurant and had dinner, and then we went back to the hotel. After we got back to the hotel, Eunji asked me if I wanted to go down to the canteen and grab some ice cream with her, since Yunho said he was too tired. I told her that I needed to go back to the room and work on a couple things. Jaejoong said that he was going to hit the gym and work out.

“Junsu, do you want to go grab some ice cream with me?” Eunji asked Junsu, who was the only option left.

“Sure, why not. I’m up for something sweet.” He answered as he followed Eunji to the elevator.

I stood in the hallway as I watched them go down as a pair. In my heart, I knew something wasn’t going as I thought it’d be. There was something building inside my heart, something that I didn’t want to burst out.

Somehow, watching Eunji and Junsu getting along like that made me feel a bit jealous. But I knew that Eunji would never do something against me. I knew that she wouldn’t do anything behind Yunho’s back without confessing to him first.

‘I know I can trust both Eunji and Junsu.’ I thought to myself as I entered back into my own room to do some work.