Chapter Six

Imperfect Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Poor guy."

"What a fool. Commiting sucide for love."

"She should have accepted him. If she had, he probably wouldn't have jumped."

This is all my fault. She stared intently at his body, covered with a white sheet. If it wasn't for me, you wouldn't have died.

Yes, yes. This is all your fault. His low voice invaded her mind yet she didn't resist. She was the reason he died so what right did she had to chase him out of her mind?

I died because you. This is all your fault. His taunting, accusing voice hissed with fury and she flinched.

Yes, you're right. This is all my fault.

"Yoona?" Donghae tentatively asked. "Do you want to talk about it?" The two of them had ditched class and had ended up in the school's secret garden. A garden which Yoona had discovered one day when she was in her junior year. Back when her nightmares had invaded her mind in the day, Yoona had always came here for a quick cool-down session.

Yoona sat down on the lone bench in the garden, surrounded by dozens of colorful flowers. She exhaled and nodded her head slowly. Maybe it was time to tell someone. They couldn't help much but still... "Yeah, I want to. Sit." Yoona gestured to the empty space beside her and Donghae approached her and sat down without any hesitation.

"So, this whole cutting business started two years ago." Yoona began. Memories of her junior year flooded her mind and she blinked back tears. This isn't the time to be crying, Im Yoona! Focus! She chided herself in her mind. Suddenly, a warm hand wrapped around hers and Yoona glanced up. Donghae smiled encouraging at her, urging her to continue.

Smiling as well, Yoona continued...

It was my first day of junior year and naturally, I was afraid of all the seniors. Unfortunately, some of the seniors disliked me and they bullied me constantly for half the year. I didn't fought back nor did I tell anyone about it. I just endured it in silence.

However, one time, one of the seniors was feeling very moody that day. She vented her frustrations on me. She kept on hitting me, slapping me, kicking me... Normally, I would endure it but that time, I didn't know why but I broke down. As the senior abused me, I cried. All my bottled-up feelings, my thoughts of how injustice this was, I let it all out.

Then, as if he came down from heaven it self, another senior came to my aid. He chased the senior away and lent a helping hand to me. Grateful beyond words, I accepted him and from then onwards, we became friends. He was funny, playful yet protective towards me. He was everything I wanted for a brother.

But, he didn't see me as a sister at all. Instead, he fell in love with me. Madly in love, actually. But I couldn't accept him at all. It broke my heart t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter