Best Day Ever

Bless the Broken Road

Today was a special day, July 9th. You were in big living room with your two brothers, grandparents, and your friends watching a movie while your parents were at the hospital cause your mom kept vomiting. (Your living room was big enough to fit a lot of people. There were 22 people at your house.) You kept looking out the window worrying about your mom. One of your brothers came up to you and wrapped his arms around you. You leaned your head on his shoulder and hugged him.

“Mom will be fine, Minah. Don’t worry.” He said as he rubbed your back.

“I know, Minho Oppa. I just can’t help it. Why was mommy getting sick like that?”

“I don’t know. But I’m sure it’s not bad.”

“Your Umma and Appa will be home soon. Till then come and watch this movie with the others.” Your grandma said. You both nodded and sat beside her. About an hour later your mom and dad came home.

“Mommy! Daddy! Your home!” You ran up to them and hugged them tightly. They giggled and hugged you back. Your grandparents came up to your parents and hugged them too.

“Is everything alright, Soyoung?” Your grandfather asked. Your mother smiled and nodded.

“Everything is wonderful. Let’s sit down. We have some news to tell you guys.” Your father said as he picked you up. All of you went to the couch and sat down. Your father sat you on his lap.

“I’m sorry for making you worry on your birthday, princess.” Your mother said as she kissed your cheek.

“It’s okay, mommy. As long as you’re okay.” She smiled and kissed your cheek again.

“What’s the news, Dongwook?” Before your father could answer, the doorbell rang. Your grandfather answered the door he let them in and they came into the living room. You smiled and ran to them.

“Gina Unnie! Uncle Jonghyun!” You ran to them and hugged them. ”Where’s Auntie and Aeyoung Unnie?”

“Um she couldn’t come. She’s a little busy, but she told me to give this to you. Happy birthday, princess.” Your uncle handed you a big box. You opened it and smiled. Inside were coloring books and crayons. Your Unnie handed you a small box.

“This is from Aeyoung Unnie. She couldn’t make here either. Her father is sick and she needed to stay with him. But she sent us this to give to you. It’s from her and her dad.” You opened it. It was a cute Dream catcher necklace.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRIySbReaBkDpniqUwafJ6

“It’s so cute. I love it.”

“Well, we’ll give you the other two later. Right now it seems like we interrupted something.”

“Come sit. I was just going to say what the doctor said today.”

“You went to the hospital, Aunt Soyoung?”

“Yeah. Well, Dr. Jang said that we’re going to have a nothing member of the family soon.”

“Another kid? How far along?” Uncle Jonghyun asked.

“3 months.”

“What’s that mean?” You asked.

“It means we’re gonna have another brother or sister.”

“Really, Minki Oppa? I’m gonna be an Unnie or Noona?”

“Yep.” Your father said. Everyone hugged your mother and father. And you guys talked till dinner time and then you had cake and you opened the rest of your presents. Your parents got you dolls, a family of dolls. A mother, father, two big brothers, a little girl and a baby. “Daddy, I need a house for my dolls.”

“I was planning on the five of us to build own house for them. So no one will have the same house as them and you’d have the best doll house in the world. How that sound?”

“Awesome.” You squealed and everyone laughed. You opened the rest of the boxes and later played outside. “Thank you, guys. I love my presents. But the best gift is I’m going to be a big sister. This is the best day ever.” You yelled. Everyone laughed at your cuteness. When it got late, your grandparents and uncle went home while your friends and Gina stayed overnight. Your mother sang all of to sleep like she does every night and your dad always watched her with a huge proud smile on his face. The next day all of you played games again after you, Gina, and two of your friends helped cook breakfast for everyone while the others were sleeping or getting the dishes and silverware. About an hour after noon, your friends’ parents came and picked them up. Onew drove the rest of SHINee, Minho’s friends home, since they living close to him, and your Uncle picked up Gina.