Chapter 6 - Mixed Feelings

LOVE IS YOU

It was another boring day , and Rei sat by the window staring blankly at the people and vehicles passing by and having one of her most beloved snack, flavored milk. She was too bored to even think of anything until her cellphone started to ring. She answered it

"Yes?" said Rei

"Moshi Moshi ~ Rei-san desu ka?" asked a voice from the other side of the call.

"Haii Rei desu.. Who's speaking?" asked Rei curiously

"Its Me ... Kouji ~" said the other side with a laugh.

"Oh! Kouji-kun! How did you get my number?" said Rei as her face beamed with joy. 

"ahah! you were the one who texted me last night.. remember?" replied Kouji from the other end.

"Oh right! I completely forgot about it ~ ahah .. so what are you upto?" asked Rei.

"Nothing really ... I'm here to tell you some good news" said Kouji from the other end.

"OH what is it!? " Rei asked curiously.

"Murakami Ramen House Welcomes You as an Employee~ " said Kouji happily.

"OH!! Thank You So Much Kouji-kun~ I cannot describe how happy I am... !! i can finally earn now!" Rei exclaimed happily as she heard this great news.

The conversation continued for a while and then it finally stopped. Rei placed her phone on the coffee table and was just about to change , until her phone interrupted her by ringing so she went to check it. She checked the recent mail first which was from her best friend Ruka.

From: RUKA

22 seconds ago

Ne Ne ~ I'm Free today ~ can we go shopping?

Lets buy some super cool clothes for you !

Rei was just about to reply to this message when she saw another message left out on her cell , so she checked it out. Her heart pounded as she read it was from Yuta.

 

From: Yuta-san

1 day ago

Rei-chan ~ you were so excited last night that you left your bags here , at my place HAHA

And I wouldn't use cute curtains or  girly stuff anyways Lol 

"Why you. ." said Rei as she gritted her teeth and then giggled softly  to herself.

She realised that she had completely forgotten about the Bags she left at Yuta's place so she immediately walked towards the door and opened the door. Her eyes widened in surprise as she saw Yuta standing outside in the open space in dark grey wifebeaters with messy hair and was stretching lazily And slowly took off his shirt. He body glowed bright in the sunlight as if he were an angel in the form of a human.

As Rei saw this , her cheeks heated up and she turned backwards and decided to comeback later but another phone call messed up everything and she cursed silently as she rejected it. Noticing this , Yuta turned back to see what exactly happened and widened his eyes in shock as he saw Rei standing with her hands covering her eyes so he quickly put on his shirt messily.

"You... did not see anything did you?" he said as his cheeks turned red.

"What are you going to do if i say I did?" asked Rei recovering 

"Hmm... then you get a punishment...from me" Yuta replied with a smirk.

"And what if i say I did not?" asked Rei raising her eyebrow.

"ah.. then I leave you without any punishment. . . " Yuta replied as he let a sigh.

There was an awkward moment of silence when Yuta looked at the confused Rei. 

"So... did you see or not see?" he asked her curiously.

"Well.. the situation is... I did both... so...well.. you know... I'm like confused here..." Rei mumbled as she hid back hiding her embarrased face.

"hmm... then... maybe ..." Yuta mumbled but then Rei interrupted him.

"Maybe.. we can help each other with some work?" she asked.

"GOOD IDEA!" said Yuta with a smile beaming from his face.

"So.. what do you want me to help you with?" asked Rei curiously.

"Hmm... Let me think about it...Can i tell you later?"  Yuta replied with a confused look.

"Okay..  " Rei said with a smile of agreement and turned back towards her apartment room.

"W-Wait a minute... You still have your request left.." said Yuta grabbing Rei's hand.

"Eh? .. well... i kinda need help setting up my house... sooo..." She replied blushing as this was the first time Yuta and She had gotten so close.

"Only That? Haii ~ I'm Definitely gonna help ~ since i have a day off " said Yuta smiling brightly that made Rei's mind go blank for a few seconds and she kept staring at him for a while.

"So... Shall we get ready then? " asked Yuta interrupting her from the dreamland she was currently in.

"Oh.. Yes... Okay... " said Rei looking down to hide her cheeks that had turned pink due to embarrasment.

" Alright then... you go first..." said Yuta .

"I cant...Yuta-san..." Rei replied stifling a laugh.

"Naze?" he replied confusedly and then finally realised that all this time he had been holding her hand , so he let go of it and turned behind looking around awkwardly in embarrasment.

"Okay Yuta-san ~ see you in a while" said Rei waving to him as she went inside her room.

Yuta puffed out his cheeks and blew the air out and then patted his chest. 

"Why ..... Is - my - heart ...beating ... So .... Rapidly ? " he mumbled to himself and shook his head and walked inside his house.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the meanwhile Rei , cleaned the dust in her room carefully and nervously. 

"Ah.. What do I do!? .. Would my room look neat ...well never mind ... he is coming to help me set my room..." She mumbled to herself and then shook her head.

In the mean time ... Yuta was trying out T-shirts in his room when he said to himself ..." Baka... you're going to help her clean and not for a date .." and smiled to himself as he walked out of his room.

Rei, who was lost in her thoughts startled after she heard the door creak open and saw Yuta walk in on the very same wifebeater top he was wearing before.

"Yo" he said as he waved to the lost Rei.

"Ah .. hi" she mumbled and smiled back to him. Yuta shook his head in confusion

There was silence for a while until Yuta interrupted the awkward silence by asking a question. "So .. what do I help you with , dear neighbour?"

Rei , who was lost in thoughts shook her head suddenly came out of it and stuttered . "Uhh .. this .. and that .. and this"

"Eh? Nani?" Yuta asked confusedly.

"Oh Gomennasai ! I was kind of lost , but could you help me put those curtains at the window? the ones this room owner had put here were dusty and torn ... and also because i cannot reach up till there ..." she said really fast , without even breathing.

"Ah ... not a big deal , even i had the same issues when my parents and my manager bought me this room" Yuta replied with a laugh .

 "Thanks Yuta-san, this means a lot to me." said Rei , bowing down.

" Ah , it's nothing really . . . I am just paying back for my rude behavior . . towards you Rei-chan" he replied with grin.

There was an awkward silence for a while until Yuta decided to break it. 
"Where do I put these boxes Rei-chan?" he asked her pointing at the colourful printed boxes at the corner.

"I'll keep them on the cupboard , you need not worry about them " she said.

Rei might have been very good at hiding her expressions but there was something that had been going on in her head.
"So . .  he's just paying me back for his rude behaviour and he doesn't care about anything else."
"No Rei No!. . . but he seemed really nice even this morning"
"Rei . . get yourself together . . he even said that he was helping you out as a payback for him being rude" 

"
Um, Rei-chan? The boxes? Are you okay?" Yuta asked, waving his hand in front of her face.

"Uh..yes..? Oh the boxes, I'll take care of them. . But please help me with the curtains" she said.

"Alright , I shall do it . . but you'd definitely need help with the boxes. They're heavy" Yuta replied. 
He looked quite unsure about Rei being able to lift it and was also wondering what had her space out for a bunch of seconds.

However, he shrugged and continued putting up the curtains onto the rod.
Rei on the other hand, stood behind and gazed unsurely at him. His words were still ringing in her head.

"And there we go!" he said, putting back the curtain rod in its place.


Once again, He caught Rei spacing out all by herself and shook his head. 
"I wonder what's into her today" he mumbled.

Meanwhile, Rei's mind was still flooding endlessly with thoughts revolving around the words said by Yuta.
"He seems like a nice guy. . and someone I could trust."
"Rei! it hasn't even been a week! don't fall for his charms already!" Rei sighed.

"Um, Are you alright?" Yuta interrupted her thoughts once again.

"I ...am okay" she said.

"You don't seem that way? Just get some rest" he said, poking her gently on the forehead.

Rei widened her eyes and a slight hint of heat crept up her cheeks.
"Rei.. Relax. . this is just a kind neighbour!" she thought.

"Anyway, you get some rest now. I have a schedule so I won't be back until the weekend. See Ya~ neighbour!" he said, turning his back and waving to her while she bowed down, thanking him.

"This is a very strange feeling." said Rei, as she sighed and lied down on her couch.


_______________________________________________________________________________________________

this was supposed to put up on 13-05-15

Well, I lost touch with the human world because of my neverending hectic college schedule and overloaded brain.
This calls for a major apology coming from my side.
I'm sorry my frands ;-;

However, Don't mind if there is a slight change in my writing because I started to write this when i was 17 and now I am going to be 22 . . .so, my writing has matured a bit too. .
I am planning on keeping this to like 12 chapters or 16??

Coming to think of it, Do you guys like tsundere characters?

Aso, what do you think of the story right now?

Please let me know of your opinions and I love you all <3