Chapter 5

But I Like Him!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Hmm, where’d they go?” Na Yoon looked behind her, but all she could see was the incoming traffic of new guests entering the park. This alone made it hard for her to turn around and look for her “park buddies,” so she unwillingly walked further into the amusement park. She hadn’t realized how far ahead she had gotten from the boys; the thoughts that pre-occupied her mind distracted her a great deal, causing her feet to aimlessly continue on without caring where they were headed.

A lot was bugging her, though. When it came to Minsoo, she wasn’t sure whether he was just toying with her emotions, or if he actually liked her. Na Yoon wasn’t dense—she could clearly see every sign that Minsoo was sending. The winks, the affectionate words—they weren’t just normal actions and affections that someone would give off to anybody. That is, unless Minsoo was just an extremely flirtatious person and decided to hide that side of him until now. Though, what made her frustrated was whether or not he saw her as a potential girlfriend, or just friend. Even though being friends with him wasn’t a horrid thing, she definitely wanted more than that. And she wondered if he did too.  

If he really did like her, then what was stopping him from asking her out? Is he too shy to ask her? Was the company not allowing their employees to date? Na Yoon quickly shook her head, clearing out her current inaccurate thought, knowing that Daniel and Sera wouldn’t have been allowed to date if that were the case. She soon began to think about the incredibly romantic relationship that those two have built. Every day at work, she has to witness the cheesy playfulness between Daniel and her friend. Sure, she was extremely happy for how satisfied the two were in their current relationship, (especially for Sera, who practically used to dream of this sort of this scenario) but sometimes she thought it was being rubbed in her face. Out of the two of them, she always assumed it would be herself that would have the unbearably romantic relationship—one that would make people want to push her and whoever her significant other was into a pit of starving piranhas. Obviously that wasn’t the case. Na Yoon always stressed herself out whenever she had thoughts like these; it made her think whether she genuinely liked Minsoo, or whether she was just infatuated with the idea of being in a relationship. It was a bogus thought, however. She knew she liked Minsoo… It’s just that she really did want to be in a relationship. Better yet—she wanted to be in a relationship with Minsoo specifically.

Na Yoon’s carelessness caused her to bump into someone walking in the opposite direction, causing a couple of their belongings to drop. “I’m so sorry!” In a rush, she bent down to help the stranger retrieve their things. Once they got their items back from Na Yoon, the stranger bowed as a thank you and continued on their way.

“Jeez, I really can’t be daydreaming in a place like this… Why didn’t I just go back to the front?” Na Yoon sighed and quickly walked over to the first gift shop she saw, not wanting to go even further away from where the boys might possibly be.

“Let me try calling them.” She reached into her bag and searched for her phone. Not finding the device, she took her hand out of her bag and checked in her pants pockets.

“Huh? Where’s my phone?” Looking in her purse once again, she came out empty-handed. She moved over to the side of the store, kneeled down and dumped her things onto the floor. Completely disregarding what the guests in the store may have been saying about her at this time, Na Yoon was in a complete state of distress. Losing this phone was practically like losing a limb, or more realistically, her job.

“Oh no…”

 

 

Releasing one of the heaviest sighs known to man, Changhyun followed the couple into their first ride at the amusement park.

“Wah! This is gonna be fun!” Daniel shouted as they boarded the Viking, the park’s most well-known ride. His yell grabbed the attention of a couple of guests who then stared at him until finally realizing who he was.

“Oh? It’s Teen Top!” A voice yelled from the ride. This caused others guests to take notice of the two and immediately take out their phones to capture the rare appearance of idols before them.

“Ahh—Hello!” Daniel waved back at the many snapping cameras, while Changhyun, who was at first caug

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter