Chapter 1

But I Like Him!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Na Yoon, you ready?” Sera called out from the front of their apartment in Seoul, South Korea.

“Yeah, one sec!” Na Yoon yelled from the bathroom, just finishing the final touches of her light make-up. She didn’t want it to be overly done.          

 “Okay.” Na Yoon said to herself, as she quickly put the mascara back in its place and did a few touch ups on her hair. She looked at her reflection and smiled in satisfaction, then spun around and headed towards the front where Sera was putting on her shoes.

“I borrowed your black necklace because it matched what I had on, is that okay?” Sera asked.

“Yeah, that’s fine!” Na Yoon quickly responded, waving her hands as a “go for it” sign.

“Cool!” Sera smiled back and stood up from the floor, straightening her outfit that got slightly wrinkled from sitting on the ground. She had on a pink shirt under a light black sweater, with dark denim jeans and converses. Her brown hair was straightened and rested on her shoulders; after moving to Korea from the states, she decided to get bangs to shield her forehead from the intense heat of the Korean sun, which was very similar to Florida’s sun. A pink headband was decoratively placed in her hair to finish the outfit.

“Ready?” Sera grabbed her black bag and keys from the wall.

“Ahh, almost. I gotta pick out a pair of shoes to wear.” Na Yoon went to the rack by the door and scanned all of the shoes.

“Well that shouldn’t be hard for you. Ms. Size 8.” Sera teased, knowing that Na Yoon had it easy due to the fact that she could find shoes her size without a problem, unlike herself, who had to order her shoes online since Korea wasn’t used to woman having size 11 feet, and even more, being 5’10 in height.

“Size 9! Not 8.” Na Yoon grabbed a pair of converses off the rack and set them down on the floor.

“Copying the shoes I’m wearing, are we?” Sera said while looking at the time on her phone. 11:50 am.

“Puh, you wish girl! These are my thing!” Na Yoon said full of playful sass, while putting her left foot inside the selected shoe.

“Ahah, whatever~ Hurry so we can go! Daniel just texted me saying that they were gonna be outside in 2 minutes!”

“Oh! Okay!” Na Yoon quickly tied the shoelace on the opposite foot and stood up, straightening her clothes. Na Yoon had on nothing complex either; she wore a white shirt with faded green dots, a light green scarf, and blue jeans. Her black hair went right passed her shoulders and her bang was side-swept, with a little green bow pin on the other side to keep her hair back.

“Oh my god!” Sera wrinkled her nose and walked towards Na Yoon. “You’re totally wearing that perfume that he likes!!”

“Hmm? Oh, w-well..”

“What was the name of that perfume again?”

“I-I don’t remember, I ripped of the la-”

“Labendeo, wasn’t it?” Sera smirked and looked at Na Yoon for an excuse. Na Yoon sighed then pouted.

“Sera… I just… Like him. Soooo freakin’ much.” Na Yoon looked desperate, frustrated, and depressed all at the same time.

“I know, I know.” Sera pet Na Yoon’s head in sympathy and understanding.  “But you know what won’t make you get with him?”

Na Yoon sniffed. “What?”

“You sobbing in here, while they’re outside waiting. Now let’s go!” Sera grabbed Na Yoon’s wrist and pulled her out the front door, locking it once she got outside.

  

   It’s been 6 months since they moved to Korea. Around 6 months ago it was Sera’s 18th birthday, which was in January. She wasn't kidding  when she told her parents she would move to Korea as soon as she was a legal adult. They didn't oppose her dreams and told her to go for it. She managed to drag along one of her best friends with her. Na Yoon's parents were a bit more strict than Sera's, however as long as she was able to continue her education, they didn't see why not. In those 6 months, Sera and Na Yoon continued their college work at Seoul National University with the help of student loans, and their parent’s financial

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter