Chapter 3

But I Like Him!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“O-Oppa?” Na Yoon uttered nervously. Chanhee was petrified, not moving an inch from the position he was currently in. He could feel Na Yoon’s subtle breaths on the crook of his neck as she exhaled softly through her slightly parted lips. Their eyes were locked on each other’s, as they both mentally analyzed the situation they were in. Jonghyun had his body pressed up against Chanhee’s back, creating more pressure between his and Na Yoon’s. He didn’t think it was possible to be closer to her than before – being in the back with 4 people like this. Once the car jerked back into a straight position, Changhyun quickly straightened his seating position, leaving enough space for Jonghyun to sit up as well. Chanhee, however, showed no sign of moving. His eyes, still glued to Na Yoon’s, showed a bit of confusion, though also showing the faintest sign of lust. Na Yoon’s eyes were closed at this point, too nervous to be open and staring at the extreme close-up of Chanhee’s face. Chanhee’s eyes trailed down to Na Yoon’s lips, and in the next second he made a subconscious decision to lean his head forward.

“Is every one alright?! Some crazy person was crossing on a red crossing signal – Had to dodge ’em.” The manager shouted from the driver’s seat. Chanhee, shocked from the sudden yell, stopped nearly a centimeter from Na Yoon’s lips and jumped back in his seat, hitting Jonghyun’s head with the back of his own.

“Aish- hyung! That hurt!” Jonghyun said with a frown while rubbing his now bruised head. Na Yoon’s eyes grew larger, as well as . She awkwardly turned to the side and brought up a hand to cover that would muffle the squealing noise that was sure to come out.

“Jonghyun, you alright?” The manager questioned while looking at everyone through the rear view mirror. Jonghyun eyed Chanhee, sighed, and then looked back at the manager.

“I’m fine, hyung. My head hurts a bit, though.” He mumbled the last sentence as his attention went back to Changhyun’s iPad.

“You okay, Chanhee?

“Y-Yeah, I’m fine.” Chanhee stuttered. He stole a look at Na Yoon through the corner of his eye, though he couldn’t see her face since she was turned slightly towards the other side. Na Yoon’s mind was filled with the three words,“oh my god”, as no other phrase could really describe what almost occurred. Minsoo, seeing the entire incident with his own eyes through the mirror, looked at Chanhee with a straight face, though his eyes burned with jealously. He clenched his teeth through a closed mouth and turned his head to look out the window.

Chanhee swallowed nervously and saw that his elbow was slightly touching Na Yoon’s arm. He straightened his arms a bit and placed his hands in between his knees, wanting to avoid any unneeded physical contact with her for the time being. An uncomfortable feeling rushed through his body as he sat  compacted and squished up against everyone, so he separated his legs a little to feel more comfortable. He quickly closed them when he realized he was about to go camping.

“.” Chanhee thought to himself, as he covered his with his forearms.

 

 

“Okay, everyone. Here’s the deal – you stick with me the entire time, and nobody gets hurt. Got it?” The manager said as he eyed all 8 people with a serious expression. They managed to reach Lotte World at around 1 p.m., giving them plenty of time to enjoy their afternoon. And also, Chanhee managed to get rid of his badly timed by thinking of undesirable and gross stuff; detail isn’t really needed.

“Come on, hyung. We’re all grown up’s here. We can handle ourselves at an amusement park.” Byunghun said, with a give-us-a-break face on.

“Jonghyun still has another year to go until he’s an adult.” The manager replied, as-a-matter-of-factly.

“Well then, Jonghyun can follow you around, hyung, while the ‘18 plus’ club can do their own thing.” Daniel said while taking Sera’s hand, ready to make a run for it.

“Woah woah, wait a minute Daniel. That’s not the only reason I want you guys near me.” Daniel slumped his shoulders and waited to hear what his hyung had to say.

“One part of my job is to keep you boys safe; and you two girls as well. Now you guys have to understand that you’re not just ordinary kids. You’re Teen Top – a well known K-pop group, as you can see.” The manager said as he slightly showed the group of kids surprised fans from different angles stopping by to snap a few pictures on their phones and cameras. It’s not every day they get to see Teen Top fresh-faced in casual clothing.

“Well, manager oppa, there’s nine of us, right?” Sera asked.

“Hmm, right. So?” He replied, eyebrows raised.

“So, wouldn’t it be better to split up into groups of three? At least, to attract less attention. I mean, if all of Teen Top walks around together, then they’re bound to pull in more of a crowd, and that’ll make it harder for them to enjoy themselves and what not. But since there are nine of us, we can divide into three teams, if you will. Two people can go with you, and the two other groups will have the safety of being with each other. We all have phones, so if anything happens, or if we split up by chance, we can always call you or another member.” Everyone stared at Sera with a dazed expression, and then quickly turned their heads to their manager who looked at Sera with narrow eyes.

“Hmm. I guess that’s not a bad idea.” He replied, releasing a sigh of unwanted stress. Everyone did a silent “yes” to themselves, and then prayed in their heads that fate would not put them on the same team as their manager.

“Yeah! I love that idea!” Changhyun shouted, a bit too happy for the occasion.

“Okay, so how do we separate into teams?” Chanhee said, asking Sera since she suggested the idea.

“Well, I’m not sure…”

“I call automatic team with Sera!” Daniel shouted, hugging Sera by her shoulder, while raising his other arm.

“I second that motion!” Sera replied, hugging Daniel’s waist.

“Idiots.” Byunghun said, chuckling slightly. “Well, we could just do Rock Paper Scissors with each other, and whoever survives till the end goes with manager hyung. Since 2 peopl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter