"Hoya, I Like You"

Would you take this seriously?

 

After some seconds his face separated from me and he smiled. All I could do was look at him with my face full of confusion. Was this just a dream? Did we really just kiss? I just can’t believe it.

“Was it really that unexpected?” He asked looking into my eyes smiling widely.

“Well… yeah” I was so shocked that was all I could say. I mean, how was I supposed to see that coming?

But he didn’t answer; he just laughed and went back in, as if nothing had just happened.

“Aren’t you coming in?” I heard him ask from the inside of the house.

I can’t leave things like this… does he like me or is he just playing to see if I would kiss him back? I need answers and it’s time for him to be serious for once and answer.

I went back in trying to look as serious as possible. I searched for him all over the room but he was nowhere to be seen. What is he planning now?

“DongWoo?” I called him but there was no answer. “Come on, where are you? I don’t feel like playing hide and seek right now” As I looked for him I started feeling frustrated. How could he kiss me and then start playing like this without giving me any answers?

He’ll get bored of hiding if I don’t look for him. I just decided to seat in the bed and wait for him to appear.

Half an hour passed by and there was no sign of DongWoo. But I didn’t move an inch of where I was, this time I’m not playing.

Some minutes later my phone rang and I got up to answer; it was an unknown number, that’s strange, here in Seoul the only ones with my cellphone number are DongWoo and EunBi.

“Hello?” My voice sounded a little too cold; I have to admit it was weird to not know who was calling.

“HoWon sshi, Mr. DongWoo just asked me to tell you to come down stairs please” It was a male voice the one on the other side of the line, the butler. I don’t think I can get used to the fact that he is rich.

“Ok, Thank you” I hung up and went down stairs as I was asked to.

One of the maids was waiting for me; she bowed at me and indicated me to follow her. I bowed back and again did as I was told. I was nervous, she took me to a garden in the back of the house, it was beautiful, like the ones you only see in movies. Then all of a sudden she stopped but told me with a hand gesture to keep on walking.

What’s up with DongWoo? Why is he trying to be so mysterious? Since I got here we haven’t had a long conversation.

Some meters away from where the maid had left there was a table with fruit and two big chocolate milkshakes, he must be here somewhere.

“DongWoo?” I called and for my surprise there was an answer.

“Right here” he said appearing behind me to hug me from the back.

“What is going on?” I turned back to face him, I had the intention to sound as serious as possible but I couldn’t as soon as I saw his always smiling face. Instead my voice sounded like a whisper full of confusion.

“Just have a seat, I have something I want to tell you” he took me by my hands and dragged me softly to the table in front of us. 

“What is it?” I asked as soon as I sat down. He looked at me, smiled and sat down too. He didn’t answer for some time, we started eating and talking about our normal lives, I had almost forgotten why we were sitting there in the first place until he looked at me directly into my eyes. He looked confused and like he wanted to say something, so all I did was look back at him smiling trying to encourage him.

“Hoya, I like you” he smiled at me and kept on looking into my eyes.