My life... My Rules.

The Gladiator

 

Chapter 2: My life… My rules.

Taemin POV:

It was time for Minho and Jonghyun’s fight, umma and I were running down to our seats, and waited for the fight to start. Soon the trumpets went off and the music started and we could hear the Master started to make his speech. “GLADIATORS!!! TODAY IS THE DAY WHERE YOU FIGHT FOR YOUR LIFE, IN THIS ONE ON ONE BATTLE WITH THE GIAGANT AND THE LIONS!! YOU ALL KNOW THE PRICE IF YOU WIN, BUT IF YOU LOSE… YOU WILL ALL BE DEAD! LET THE BATTLE BEGIN!” i sat in my seat and prayed that Minho and Jonghyun would survive and not get hurt, the music stopped and the battle began, first up was Jonghyun, I could see that umma was afraid to look but he watched to make sure that he saw every detail of the fight. Have I told you about the price if they win? No?
Well I shall tell you then… If the gladiators win today’s match, they can have a wish granted, but not their freedom, they could only get their freedom by winning the big battle in the Coliseum in front of the Caesar. I didn’t know what Minho’s wish is but I hope it’s not food again… Last time he asked for a big meal and he got it, I hoped he asked to spend the night with me… Even though we would do it anyways.
The fight was over and Jonghyun won, Key cheered and I cheered with him. Umma hugged me very tight and he almost broke into tears of happiness, but he stayed strong for me, he hated when I saw him cry. Jonghyun got a small cut on his left arm, the bleeding stopped within minutes, key almost cried when that happened I just kept telling him that it was nothing and Jonghyun would survive, and it was just a scratch.

I sat there patiently and waited for Minho’s turn. When he came out, I felt my heart beating faster as I saw that he was looking around, I knew he was looking for me but if I stood up I would crave too much attention from the crowd. I was just about to look down when Minho’s eyes connected with mine, it was like we had a small conversation, me telling him to be careful and him telling me to cheer for him and he will me okay, but in the end he winked at me and focused at the master who made his speech once again, I could only focus on Minho. I made a small laugh as I saw Minho’s eyes rolling and he repeated what our master said, when Key saw it he laughed with me, it was more of a whisper laugh then a real laugh. Deep inside in my mind I was thinking of the worst that could happen to Minho…
The way Minho treated me was more than friends not like brothers but it felt like love, like when Umma took me in! I felt loved every time I was with Minho, he was the one true love for me. My real mother once told me “Don’t ever forget who you are, don’t care about people who think wrong of you, love who you wanna love and live the life YOU want to live, remember by son I will always love you and protect you.”  When my mother said that to me, I felt my heart break but I knew she died for me, she died so that I wouldn’t get killed, she sacrificed her life for me, and for that I would make her proud of me.

 

The Fight started and if all went good Minho killed first the lions then he killed the giant, but I saw something that I didn’t want to see, I saw Minho getting hurt badly, he got a cut right across his chest, it looked deep but I didn’t know how deep it was. I felt tears rolling down my cheeks, I saw that Minho killed the giant with one last try and the head fell off. He stood there proud, trying not to show the master that he was hurt, again I will skip the speech that the proud master made. I ran straight down to the basement and ran to the medics, I saw Jonghyun helping Minho on to the bed and the medics started working fast. I cried, I cried hard, Jonghyun saw me and pulled me away along with umma so that the medics could work in peace. “NO! MINHO!” I yelled trying to get out of Jonghyun’s tight grip.

 

Minho POV:

I felt the blade across my chest, I knew that I couldn’t lose the fight, if I lose I die. I gathered all of my power and chopped of the head of the giant, blood was everywhere, I stood there proud and kept on the poker face not to show Master that I was in pain from the scar. After his speech I left and walked back to the basement where all the other fighters were waiting for their turn to fight, Jonghyun came to me smiling, I couldn’t hear what he said but I remember that I collapsed in his arms. I could hardly focus, but I felt Jonghyun dragging me somewhere I knew it was to the medics. I got placed on the medic’s bed, I was lightly unconscious but there was one voice that kept me awake.
“NO! MINHO!” I heard Taemin yell my name, I slowly turned my head and saw how Jonghyun and Key were holding him, it broke my heart to see him so broken and crying over me.
“LET ME GO!” He cried and he was still trying to get to me, I couldn’t hear what Jonghyun was saying or more yelling at him to calm him down, but I guess it was something like: Calm down! Or he is going to be okay! But I still wanted to walk over to Taemin and tell him I would be okay once the medics had sewn me up and I would be brought back to my cell. The last thing I remember is that I saw Taemin collapse on the floor holding on to Key’s leg and crying, his beautiful eyes was now red and puffy from all the crying.
Some hours later I woke up, I was right I was in my cell, I could feel something cold on my forehead it could only be a wet cloth and I could hear some soft snoring next to me. I turned my head and say Taemin next to me, his eyes were still red and puffy I guess he had been crying while I was passed out from all the blood lost. “Taemin” I said softly and tried to his hair away, I failed a bit but I just kept trying, he slowly made a little move, and putted his head on my shoulder like he used to. I don’t think he knew what I would wish for by our master, but my wish would be to spend a night with my Taemin, from sunset till dawn.

 

“Nnn..” I heard a small noise coming from Taemin, the same morning noise he made when he was about to wake up. “Taeminnie, time to wake up” I whispered in his ear, “Five more minutes, Minho…” He sounded just like me this morning, I just smiled. I can’t wait to see his beautiful face smiling at me and laughing. Telling me that he made some food for me, and that he wanted to stay with me for the rest of the day. I love Taemin with all of my heart and when I get out of here I’ll take him with me and then we will start out own family together and adopt some kids, just live the life I or we ever wanted. And I will make sure to protect my family not like my parents did…

Key came into the room and he smiled when he saw me and Taemin, then he turned to his side and waved at someone, and I could just see the Dino come to Key standing in the doorway smiling at me and Taemin, I schussed at them to make sure they were quiet. I didn’t want to wake up Taemin just not yet, even though I just love to see him pout at me when I wake him up and he gets all grumpy and cute. I just love our time together in general, I wanted to pull him closer to me but the scar stopped me since it is still fresh, I looked out of the window and saw that it was sunset. I looked at Key, he looked worried his eyes were only on Taemin and me… mostly on Taemin it was like he was telling me to take good care of him and never leave him, I nodded so he could see that I knew what he said. The he made a sign to Jonghyun to make them both leave and let me and Taemin be alone for as long as we could, because soon he had to go back to work while I had to wait here and just wait for my scar to heal…

Oh Taemin, can’t you see how much I love you…? 

 

 

---------

A/N: I'm mean i know it ^^ but i really hope you liked this chapter, and give me a comment telling me what was YOUR favorit part of the story until now ;-) Next chapter will come soon! Love you all!!