My life

The Gladiator

 

Chapter 1: My life

Many years ago in the kingdom of Rome, out in a small village there lived at boy named Choi Minho. Minho lived in the village with his mother, father and big brother, he didn’t have any friends because he helped at home on the farm. He wanted to be like his father, have a farm, wife and children. Minho’s faith was about to change when a army came and took him and his brother away from his family and killed all the other villagers, along with the other children they were taken away, Minho was only 14 years old when it happened, but he still remembers it as if it was yesterday.

Minho POV:

I woke up in the cell i have lived in since I was taken away. I am in a town outside Rome training to become a gladiator against my will, to fight for my freedom with other fighters, my brother got sold to some rich family who needed a servant boy. By the day I still remembered his past life with my family and the villagers, I wanted to go back but i knew that it was impossible, through a gladiators life you would only kill to become free. Only few would become free, in the start he came here they were 59 children and young adults, now they were only 26 left, many died in battle others of diseases, it was tough but i had made two friends, one other gladiator named Kim Jonghyun and the other one was lucky he was a servant to the cook but also helper if the cook needed to leave then he would make the meals, Lee Jinki or as he said Onew.

There were two servant boys or well one looked like a girl but I’m not sure… They were nice to us, they didn’t treat us as the chef did, they treated us as if we were normal people, and every time they came I felt that I was home.
The one who looked like a girl, helped me through the start when I came here, he came to my cell and told me everything about being a gladiator he is two years younger than me, the only reason I think he looks like a girl is because he has long hair, but it was beautiful, and every time he visited me, he would always bring some bread and water from Onew, but he always would make me smile, and cheered for me when I had to fight.
 If I got hurt he would take care of my wounds, his name was Lee Taemin. The other servant’s name was Kim Kibum or Key as he liked to be called, Jonghyun is crazy about him, he once said to me that when he gets his freedom he would marry Key and have children with him, even though he know that Key is a boy.

 

I was looking around in the cell I didn’t know what I was looking for, but soon my door opened and in came Taemin, he looked scared. “M-Minho, c-can I sleep with you tonight..?” Taemin whispered as he closed the door behind him, and yes every time he was scared or had a nightmare he would come to my cell and sleep with me, he was like a little brother, but he usually came to sleep with me, before a match because he was scared he would lose me. “Of course you can Taeminnie” I whispered back and made room for him, he smiled at me and came into the bed right next to me, I his long hair to make him fall asleep.

 “Minho?” he said in a whisper.. “Mmm?” I said in a hum. “Promise me you won’t die tomorrow” I could feel he was shaking, “I won’t you know that, is that why you came tonight?” I asked, he just nodded and moved closer to me so his head was on my chest. “Don’t worry ill come back as I always do I promise” I said. I kissed his forehead and continued to his hair until he and I fell asleep.
Hours late I heard a small voice in my head, “Mmm 5 more minutes, Taemin” I said sleepy, “Minho you have to get up now it’s almost time for your fight..!” Taemin said and sat on my back, “UFF..! Taemin I can’t get up if you are sitting on my back” I said in laughter. “sorry” He replied shy and then got off my back, and sat next to me, I stood up from my bed and walked over to the bucket of water and started to wash my face, and for the record I only have on some pants so I’m shirtless. I could feel a pair of eyes staring at me, I just smiled to myself ‘cause I know who it is. “You like what you see Taemin?” I asked him and started walking close to him and leaning forward to him. “i..i.. I SHOULD GO GET YOUR BREAKFAST!” He said and sprinted out of the room. He He He.. I chuckled and looked the way he ran off, I started putting on my cloth not long after he left.
Then there was a voice that just ruined my mood.

ALL GLADIATORS COME TO THE GREAT HALL, IMIDIATLY” The voice spoke, everyone knew who it was, it was the game master, I knew the punishment for not being there on time so I quickly took my shoes on and walked there with all the other gladiators. 

Taemin POV:

I Heard the master call the gladiators to the great hall, I knew he was going to discus today’s match and who would fight today, I was scared I hoped he wouldn’t say Minho. I don’t like seeing him fight, last time he got hurt I thought he was going to die, it really broke my heart to see him hurt. Umma was going to watch today’s match with me since Jonghyun was going to fight to, Jonghyun is smart and fast and strong just like Minho except he is juuust the same height as Umma. And yes I call Key my Umma because he took care of me when I first came.

I was out in hall swiping the floor like Umma told me to, so it would be clean and after that I should wash the floor to. I really hate the cloth that master gave me last week since I grew out of my old cloth he got me this stupid chiton (A/N: a chiton is a old roman cloth looks like a dress for women and it sort of is google it if you don’t know what it looks like J ) it makes me look even more like a woman now! God Zeus (a/n: and yes I stick with the Greek) gods must really hate me right now.. I still hope that I am done before Minho has to fight, umma even got us good places to sit to that we could see the fight up close in the coliseum. I knew it is wrong to like a boy, but I really love Minho and I hope he loves me too, to when he is done with all this fighting we can live together! Just me and him..
I sat down on the floor and started day dreaming about how my life would be if I lived with Minho, it would be nice but my day dreaming got disturbed by master once again, “AREN’T YOU DONE WITH THE FLOOR YET!!!” He yelled at me, and took a hold to my hair, I wined. “L-let.. go of my h-hair.. p-please” I begged trying hard not to cry, “Then hurry up with the god damn floor!” he yelled right in my ear and pushed me back to the floor, my face almost got smashed by the floor, last time he did it, I had to go to the medics because I got a nose bleed.
When he left I started to cry, my head hurts like hell and my face hurts too. When I leave this place I will NEVER come back! I told myself and started to clean the floor faster, soon I was done I only needed like a meter then I was done! Well I am done now, so I took my cleaning gear and walked back down stairs so get rid of the gray water and brush. When I was down in the basement, putting back the gear I saw Minho standing and talking with Jonghyun. ‘I hope he doesn’t see me’ I said to myself in a whisper, if he came to close to me he would be able to see the leftovers of blood in the base of the hair line. Yes master pulled that hard…          

 

~~~~~~~~~~ 

So This is the start sorry it took so long!