Chapter 4

The Important Thing is I'm With You [Is Falling In Love That Hurt? SEQUEL]

After Gayoon walked out from the kitchen, she walked sadly to her&Doojoon's room. Eunji is already asleep. Gayoon changed her clothes with her pijama before looking at her phone. Her wallpaper is a picture of her and Doojoon when they are in their first date. She smiled a little, and put her phone back to the lamp table. Gayoon took her steps slowly to the balcony that was headed to the garden. She found Minji with swollen eyes in the garden bench, and the little Kwangmin who was sleeping in her mom's lap. Gayoon looked at her sister in-law pitifully before heading to the work table. She pulled out a diary and open it. It was her diary. She open the page that were blank without any writing and started writing.

Today, Minji has a really bad day. Kikwang just woke up and he didn't even remember her, but he remembers me. That is weird because Kikwang met Minji before he mets me. How could that happend? Minji is my little sister now, and looking at her crying all day like today makes me sad too. Kikwang, why can't you remember her? She's your own wife for God shake! Just after dinner, I accidently told Doojoon oppa that I felt the same way as Minji because I've felt that. I was so sad that I didn't even realize that I said that. He'll be asking bunch of questions to me for sure! Remembering it, I didn't feel good anymore. I think that's enough with the secrets. Oppa have to know my horrible past. I'll be ending my writing now, bye.

 

After writing her diary, Gayoon headed to the bed and get some sleep. Meanwhile, Doojoon were searching for her little sister after having a confused mind about his wife who haven't told him her full story. Doojoon founded Minji in the garden with swollen eyes while carressing Kwangmin's hair. Kwangmin is asleep. "Minnie.." Doojoon called. Minji looked up with sad and swollen eyes to her brother. Doojoon sat beside Minji and hug her. "It's alright, Minji.. Everything will be fine. He will remember you.." Doojoon whispers. "But oppa, he didn't even know who am I.." Minji whispers weakly. "Minji, he will be fine! Don't worry about it, okay? He's Kikwang, he's a strong man." Doojoon said. "Oppa.. I don't think I could be patient about him. Don't you know that I have been hurt so much? From Kikwang oppa with Min unnie, with Hyosung unnie. And now what? He didn't remember me! I'm his own wife and he didn't reconize me!" Minji was losing her patience and burst out yelling to her brother.

Because of the yelling, Kwangmin woke up. So was Gayoon. Gayoon immediately headed to the garden with jackets on because she already know that was Minji who was shouting. Kwangmin rubbed his eyes sleepily before asking to her mom. "Umma, why are you shouting? What happend to umma, uncle?" Kwangmin asked confusedly. "It's nothing, Kwangmin.. Just get to sleep okay? Go to your room.." Minji said. Kwangmin nodded obbediently before pecking his mom's cheek and headed to his room.

"Why are you shouting, Minji? It's already night time.." Gayoon arrives beside Doojoon. Minji just kept silent while holding her tears. She just couldn't take it. She's through so much bad things. "Oppa, what did you do?" Gayoon asked Doojoon. "I just say that she should be patient, nothing more!" Doojoon said. "Oppa, just.. Go to bed.. I'll be with Minji okay?" Gayoon said. "But.." "OKAY?" Gayoon cutted Doojoon's word. "Fine.." Doojoon sighs before heading to his room.

"Minnie.." Gayoon approached the poor girl and hugs her tightly. "Oppa didn't understand me.. He didn't know what I felt.." Minji sobbed. "Minnie.. I know how you felt right now.." Gayoon patted Minji's back. Minji let go of Gayoon's hug and looked at her confusedly. "What do you...." "I've been like you, Minnie.. But I was soo much younger that you when it happends.." Gayoon said. "Oppa didn't know it right?" Minji wiped her tears. Gayoon shook her head and sit at the bench.

 

Flashback..

Gayoon was playing with her big brother at the backyard. Suddenly, her parents came running and hold them in their arms before running to a secret room below the pond. The pond has a stone door that has a secret passage way that were connected to their guest house. "Umma, why are we here?" Gayoon asked her mom. Her mom ignored her and kept running beside Gayoon's father. As they arrived, Gayoon's parents put them down and came out from the door first. But when they were just coming from the tunnel, gunshots were heard and Gayoon's brother and Gayoon saw their parents lying on the ground. "Run.." Gayoon's mother said before pass away. Gayoon were in shock and about to scream, but her brother took her hand and ran away to another corridor that headed to the storage house near the house's gate.

Just after they got out, they ran away from their home to their mother's little sister's house. 3 years later, Gayoon is 10 years old while her brother is 13 years old. They just came out from school when suddenly her brother is dropped to the ground by a big man. Gayoon were scared and about to approach her brother. But her brother said, "GO! DON'T COME HERE!! RUN YOONIE! RUN!!!" Gayoon's brother shouted before a knife stabbed his chest.

Gayoon immediately run away from the scene to a park. She cried there for hours. It took everybody's attention and some of them look at her pittily, some of them look at her and get disgusted, and one man approaches her. "Hey there.. Why are you crying, little one?" the man said. "My.. My oppa is just killed by a man with big body. He told me to run but he is killed. I don't have anybody now." Gayoon explains while sobbing. "You can live with me if you wanted to.. My wife and I have a girl aroung your age. How old are you?" the man asked. "I'm 10 years old" Gayoon said. "Ah, perfect! My daughter is 8 years old. You could befriend with her. Do you want to live with me?" the man asked again. Gayoon has no choice so she nodded. The man smiled sweetly to Gayoon and took her to his house.

As the car stops, Gayoon and the man arrived at a big house. When she steps out from the car, the man hold her hand and lead her to the house. "Yeobo, I'm home~" the man said. A lady around 25 ran to the front door and hugged the man. "Yoonjae, who is this little girl?" the lady asked. "I found her at the park. She said that she has no family left. Just after she got out from school with her brother, her brother is killed." the man named Yoonjae explains. The lady look at Gayoon symphaticly and squated in front of Gayoon.

"Hey there.." the lady smiled sweetly to Gayoon. "Uhh.. Umm.. Hello.." Gayoon greeted back nervously. "What's your name?" the lady asked. "My.. My name is Kim Gayoon.." Gayoon said. "I'm Sooyeon. I'm Yoonjae's wife." the lady named Sooyeon said. "You'll be staying with us from now.. Since Yoonjae's family name is Heo, your name will be Heo Gayoon from now on, okay?" Sooyeon said. Gayoon nodded silently. "Thank you for accepting me, Mr. & Mrs. Heo.." Gayoon thanked them. "Call me umma from now on, okay?" Sooyeon smiled to Gayoon. "And call me appa.." Yoonjae said, smiling to her. Their kindness made Gayoon so happy that she smiled to them. "Kamsahamnida umma, appa!" Gayoon let out a wide smile.

"Umma, what took you so long there?" a girl walked towards them. "Who is this, umma?" the girl asked her mother when she saw Gayoon on the front door. "She's Gayoon. She's your unnie from now on okay? Didn't you told me that you always wanted a unnie?" Sooyeon said. The girl immediately smiled widely while running to Gayoon and hug her. Gayoon were startled when the girl hug her. "My name is Yeonhee! What is your name, unnie?" the girl asked. "My.. My name is Gayoon.." Gayoon introduced herself.

"Come on, unnie.. I will show you a room to you.. I decorated it myself!" Yeonhee said while dragging Gayoon to the 2nd floor. Yeonhee shows her a room. It was pretty, just as what Gayoon always wanted her room to be like. "Uwaaa.. It's so pretty.." Gayoon said, amazed. "Do you like it, unnie?" Yeonhee asked. Gayoon smiled and nodded. "This room is yours!" Yeonhee smiled. "Mwo? Wae?" Gayoon asked. "I always wanted a unnie since I were 5.. And then you came... While 3 years waiting for a unnie, I decorated this room!" Yeonhee smiled widely. "Thank you Yeonhee-a.. I'm so happy that you treat me like your own sister.." Gayoon hugged Yeonhee.

 

"That's what happen.. That's why I know how you felt, Minnie.." Gayoon finished her story. "Unnie.." Minji said. "It's okay, Minnie.. I bet if I didn't accept appa's offer, I will be no one right now.." Gayoon laughed. "Come on, it's already 1A.M.. Let's go to bed.." Gayoon stood up. They walked together to the 2nd floor. "Good night, Minnie.." Gayoon waved before entering her room. "Bye unnie.." Minji waved back. After Gayoon is dissapeared from her sight, Minji realized that she should've be stronger. "I should be like Gayoon unnie.. She's strong like now!" Minji smiled a little before going to her room and sleep.

 

Author's little note:

The 2nd update of the day~~~~~ This chapter is quite long.. It took me about 30 minutes to write this.. I hope it's good and made you happy to read it! kekeke~ Hope you guys enjoy the long chapter now~~~

No silent readers, please!

Comments are pleased :D