Chapter 6

The last dream

A loud thud was produced at the side of the stage, and everyone in the room turned their attention towards the source of the loud sound. Baekho stood up, his face scrunched with worry as he saw Miyeon on the ground. Whispers could be heard around the room as security guards pushed their way through the crowd to reach Miyeon. The MC was summoned on stage to keep the entire crowd calm. While the MC was yaking away, trying to brighten up the atmosphere in the room, NU'EST members stood up and rushed over to the unconsious girl. Hyesu was screaming her head off, with tears threatening to fall from her eyes as she shook Miyeon agitatedly. It was only till Minhyun put a hand on her shoulder that she started to calm down. "Hey, your friend's gonna be alright, calm down" he lightly whispered and delivered a warm smile to her. Hyesu felt her tense body slacken upon hearing that. She stared at the boy in front of her, who had his eyebrows furrowed, before trying to divert her attention back to her friend. It was almost impossible to do so, because the boy mesmerized her so much, but she eventually managed to. 

Hyesu mentally reprimanded herself. How could she get attracted to Minhyun at a time like this? She was suppose to care for her friend! But well, she was clueless as to what to do at times like this. She had never experienced situations like this before. The only essential thing that she knew was that an ambulance would have to be called immediately. But then again, the security guards had their hands on the phone the moment Miyeon was found unconsious at the side of the stage. So what was she to do? She allowed her eyes to wander, and realized Nu'est members were all behind her, glancing down at Miyeon with concern. They too, did not know what to do.

The awkward staring moment was finally broken when Baekho decided to take the initiative to do something useful. He looked around, trying to find for something that might help the girl feel better, before his eyes landed on the album that Miyeon was clutching tightly in her hands. Baekho immediately took the album and started to fan her with it.

Baekho turned to s, as if prompting them to do something and to stop standing as if they were on display. Minhyun and Aron immediately got the message, and started pacing on the stage, as if racking their brains and thinking of ways to help. Soon after, they left the stage and moved towards the crowd, causing the fangirls to start shrieking in their faces, trying to get their attention. Minhyun lightly bit his lips and squinted his eyes. His patience was running thin. He could not believe how ridiculous the fangirls were behaving. How on earth could they spazz over them when someone has just fainted? Didn't they sense the seriousness of the situation? Judgemental thoughts ran through his mind but he quickly brushed them off. His morals told him that judging was a sin, and judging people that were not even close to him was an even bigger sin, which he definitely did not want to commit.

While Minhyun was dealing with his inner conflict, Aron held his hand out, motioning for the crowd to quieten down. Initially, the fangirls got even more hyped up due to his 'response' to them. However, sensing the frustrations building up in him from his grim expression, they eventually quieten down. With that, Minhyun heaved a sigh of relief and look towards Aron appreciatively. 

"Alright, LOVES, let's all work together to move the chairs away, shall we?" Minhyun sent a cute eyesmile, and "awws" echoed around the room. He chuckled in reply, grabbed the nearest chair beside him and moved it to the side. Everyone had their eyes glued to him and once he was done, shufflings of feet could be heard as everyone started to move around the room. Within 3 minutes, a big aisle was created, and everyone moved automatically to the sides of the aisle, waiting for the arrival of the ambulance.

A siren signalled the arrival of the ambulance. Miyeon was placed onto a stretcher and into the ambulance. Hyesu hopped onto the ambulance reluctanty as she did not want to miss out the entire fanmeet. However, her friend's life was in danger, she couldn't possibly leave her all alone by herself during a time like this. Well, she could, but she wasn't that heartless as to do so. The ambulance drove them to the nearest hospital while the few paramedics in the ambulance tried to wake Miyeon up. 

Hyesu clutched her hands together in anxiety and tried to pray for Miyeon's safety, but with every passing minute, the feeling that her prayers went unanswered got even more overwhelming because there was no sign of her waking up. Upon reaching the hospital, Miyeon was whisked into a room while Hyesu was ordered to stay out of the room. "Here, you can call her family for me" the nurse stated in a hurry as she placed Miyeon's phone in Hyesu's sweaty palms. She disappeared into the room soon after, and silence filled the corridor once again.

The corridor was so silent and peaceful that it felt ironic because the whole situation seemed so calm. She let out a sigh shakily, trying to absorb in the happenings today. As she tries to recall her day, she realized it went by in a blur. She frowned and tilted her head, puzzled. This was unusual, or so she thought. She experiences slow days everyday, so why did today went by so quickly?

she glanced briefly at the phone in her hands and allowed her fingers to linger over the screen. Pressing the main button lightly, the screen lighted up with ease, devouring the seemingly monstrous darkness around her. Hyesu searched through the contacts list and finally found Miyeon's mother number. She in a deep breath, trying to calm herself down, before dialling the number "H-hello? Is this Miyeon's mother?" She asked. "I'm her friend, Hyesu. Miyeon is in the hospital now." She heard a gasp and the clanking of pots from the other end of the line. She pressed the phone closer to her ear, listening attentively, and picturing the receiver's reaction. She wondered the reaction of her father if she had called him and told him about her being in a hospital right now. Would he drop his paperworks and shoot up from his chair with such great force that it would send the chair flying towards the other end of the room? Would he tighten his grip on the phone, asking for her well-being with worry coated in his voice? Or would he simply ask her the date she was going to be discharged from the hospital? Hyesu nodded her head. Her father's reaction would probably be the third one she had fantasized about.

After a moment, silence filled the line and she slowly pulled the phone away. Hyesu allowed her mind to wander in the deafening silence. She wondered how it was like, having someone to care for her. Sure, she was rich, but she knew love and care could never be bought with those treasured papers. She envied Miyeon, for having a mother who was probably tripping over her own two feet at this moment, trying to get to the hospital in the speed of light. Yes, her father tended to her needs, but he simply worked everyday, wishing to earn enough to pile up their whole house with money. Hyesu felt that that was a stupid dream. He was getting old in age, what was he going to do with that pile of money?

Thinking back, Hyesu felt that Miyeon had everything she wanted. A loving family, a normal life where expectations never existed. As a rich teenager, Hyesu was expected to doll herself up, and preserve a perfect image even though she was far from it. That was one of the simplest requirements she had to follow, but to her, it was not at all simple. To achieve this goal, she was not allowed to have fun, not allowed to enjoy her life as a teenager. She was forced to adopt a personality that did not belong to her, just so her actions would not pose as a threat to her father's business opportunities. 

 She lived a life full of expectations, and she felt deep hatred for it. Nobody could understand her frustrations, because they were all superficial people, who thought that being rich should gain you happiness. They didn't look between the lines, and see the pressure she felt being a rich daughter. Hyesu decided to sleep away her thoughts. 'Things would get better', she always told herself after a session of self-pity. She knew better, though, that her father would never change. Hyesu felt herself being attracted to Miyeon. No, not in that lovey dovey way. She felt attracted to Miyeon because she was sick of being controlled, and her inner personality was begging to be freed. She knew a friendship with Miyeon would bring her a life that she never had, a life with freedom, fun, love and care. Furthermore, Miyeon was one of the few that was not talking to her just to gain personal benefits. She could tell Miyeon would make a good friend, and that was all she needed right now. She didn't care what her dad would say about Miyeon being a "peasant child". She didn't care if her father gets angry because she hung out with Miyeon. She wanted to break free from his hold, and simply do what she wants to, and to live like how a typical teenager should. 

And this marks the start of their friendship.

---------------------------------

Hey guys! So... my exams are finally over! I've rested for about a week, and I think I should start updating now! I'm seriously having writer's block so I'm sorry for the slow updates! I want my updates to be of a good quality, so that you guys will continue reading. And to ensure its quality, I need more time. So please forgive me! /puppy eyes/ 

Anyway, I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! :)