Chapter 4

The last dream

Miyeon lightly soothed the wrinkles off her dress as she stood in front of the mirror, admiring her outfit. A sweet melodic tune enchoed through the pastel-coloured room as the clock striked 11. She glanced briefly at the clock before turning her attention back to the hair curler she was now holding. 

"It's so good to be back in my own room~" She lightly sang, while combing through her soft curls. Her lips curled up into a small smile when she recalled the scene earlier in the hospital. 

"I have an important appointment today! I don't care! Discharge me! What's wrong with my body anyway?" 
She gave the doctor a stern stare, hoping it would work. But of course, things seldom goes her way. Desperate, Miyeon clasped her hands together and knelt on the bed. Although she looked pathetic at the moment, she couldn't give a damn. If this was what she had to do to get out of the hospital, she wouldn't mind doing it for hours, or even the whole day; that is, if it doesn't clash with Nu'est's fanmeet. 
"Yah, Park Miyeon. Must I really spell it out to you? I already said, for God knows how many times, N-O, NO! Your health is more important, so listen to me!" Doctor Yoon poked her forehead, which caused her upper body to lightly fall back onto the bed. A frown immediately formed on her face but before she could protest, Doctor Yoon held his hand out, signalling for her silence. "I don't want to hear anymore from you, REST." He emphasized, and left the room.

*As if I'd listen to you? Tsk* Miyeon adjusted herself on the bed, beginning her plan. She knew that it was useless trying to convince Doctor Yoon to discharge her from the hospital, and so she had came up with a plan just a few hours ago. She curled herself up into a foetus position and grabbed the bedsheet tightly with her right hand. Her left hand moved to her stomach, where she clutch the hospital gown tightly. "Ahh! Ahhhhh! H-help... Ahh" She started to whine loudly, hoping the nurse in charge of her would hear her. Just in time, the nurse came around to give Miyeon her daily dose of medicine. The door creaked open, and a smirk formed on Miyeon's face. As quickly as it came, Miyeon changed her facial expression to one that defined pain. 

As soon as the nurse entered, her face turned from neutral to horror. She dropped the tray containing medicine and water due to shock, and quickly ran to Miyeon, kicking the medicine away in the meantime, worriness written all over her face. She held Miyeon by her arms and sat her up, wrapping her arms around Miyeon so that Miyeon could rest her head on her shoulder. "Miyeon ah! What's wrong with you?!" She worriedly patted Miyeon's cheek, hoping she wouldn't lose consciousness. 
"Ms Jung... I...I'm so...hungry...I think...I..am going..to faint." Ms Jung's eyes rounded in surprised from the information given to her. "Yah! Didn't you eat breakfast?! You should know it best yourself that you CANNOT skip meals!" She shook Miyeon, who started to pant and gasp. "Get...me some food, please?" Ms Jung immediately nodded her head and swiftly got down from the bed. Before she could leave though, she felt a force on her wrist. "Get me something good please? I don't want to have disgusting hospital food. Don't worry, I can wait. If you get me food from the hospital, I'm NOT gonna eat it." She flashed a smile, indicating that she was alright. Ms Jung heaved a sigh of relief and patted her head. "You scared me. I thought you were going to...y'know." "That was just a trick so that you would get me food, since you hate it when I eat right before my medicine time" Miyeon lightly chucked before continuing "You'll get me good food, right? I really didn't eat breakfast, and I'm not kidding about not eating the hospital's food." Ms Jung lightly smacked Miyeon's head before walking towards the door. "I'll be back real quick, I'll get food from the Canteen downstairs, is that alright?" She turned a little, waiting for Miyeon's answer. "It's fine. I'm hungry, please get it quickly." 

Once Ms Jung had left, Miyeon knew that it was time for her to escape. She knew that Ms Jung would always come around this time to deliver her medicine, which was why she had planned a way to distract her away. Miyeon hopped off her bed and hid behind the door, peaking through the transparent plastic panel. "Alright~ the coast is clear!" Opening the door, she dashed out of her ward and down the stairs. Luckily for her, her ward was located on the 2nd level, which means she didn't need to wait for the lift to get down quickly. She flagged a taxi and headed home, satisfied.

"Umma! I'm leaving! Tell Doc that I'll be fine if he calls!" Miyeon gave her a hug and a kiss on the cheek before walking towards the door. Mrs Park frowned. She didn't have a good feeling this time, and she felt bad for allowing Miyeon to get out from the hospital. Well, she couldn't do anything. The ticket had already been purchased with her hard-earned money. It was her fault, she should have known the consequences if she were to let Miyeon go to the fanmeet. Getting out from the hospital was definitely part of it. "Okays! Have fun Miyeon ah..." She directed a weak smile to her overly-excited daughter and waved goodbye with a heavy heart. If something were to happen to Miyeon, she didn't know if she could take the news without feeling guilty.

It had been so long since Miyeon came outside on her own, and she tried to treasure every moment of the freedom she had now. In a blink of an eye, she would be back in the hospital, facing the four white walls, with a window on the left side that pictured shrubs, shrubs and more shrubs. To make matters worse, they were dead; but only to Miyeon. Everything in the hospital looked dead to her, because without freedom, nothing should be alive and positive, or so she thought. After a long bus ride, Miyeon finally reached her destination. The fanmeet was suppose to start at 3pm, but Miyeon had gone earlier, hoping that she can get the seat right at the front, where she could see every single thing that NU'EST did. However, "early" was not the word to describe her arrival. She thought that "late" was a much more fitted word. In front of her sat around hundred fans, queuing under the hot sun right outside the convection hall. 

Miyeon headed to the back of the queue, receiving curious stares from bored fans. She placed a paper on the floor and settled down slowly, worried that she might crumple her dress. Feeling bored, she took out her notebook and started doodling on it, wondering when the doors will open. 

Miyeon started to perspire profusely after a while of waiting. She was starting to get dehydrated. Panting and gasping, she swiftly pulled out her bottle and swallowed half of its content. The water satisfied the dry ache in and she craved for more. She briefly glanced at her bottle and realized that she didn't have much water left in it. Miyeon shut her eyes tightly and fumbled the cap back into place, refusing to get even more tempted by it. She shoved her bottle into the deep end of her bag and cleared her mind off all thoughts about her water-deprived body. She quickly wiped her perspiration away with a tissue, fearing it would mess up her light make-up. Sitting under the sun for almost 3 hours, Miyeon started to experience slight headaches, but she dispose the thoughts that she was feeling unwell off, convincing herself that she was just thinking too much.

After what seemed like an eternity, the door that leads to the convection hall finally unlocked. A smile naturally lit up on Miyeon's face as she stood up, ready to compete for a good seat with over 100 fans. She walked briskly as she wasn't feeling well, but still managed to get a good seat. She happily sat down and waited, but couldn't stop fidgetting due to her excitement. After seeing so many fanaccounts and pictures of NU'EST, it was finally her turn to be the one telling the story. Miyeon started inspecting the convection hall, but stopped when she heard someone plop down on the empty seat beside her. Being the polite girl she is, she turned to greet the girl beside her.
Miyeon let out a loud gasp when she saw her side features. The girl turned, curious, and her eyes widened in shock when it landed on Miyeon. "YOU!" Both of them pointed at each other, their mouth wide open in surprise. "Jang Hyesu?" Miyeon whispered, returning back to reality. "How do you know my name?" Hyesu whispered in response, mouth still hanging wide. "I saw your nametag the other time! Oh Gosh! Who knew you were a LOVE too!" Miyeon spazzed eagerly. 

They examined each other, and another round of gasping came up. "Oh my gosh! We're wearing the same thing!" Hyesu shrieked, horrified. "And we're sitting beside each other..." Miyeon continued, her voice hinted disappointment. They stared at each other for a moment, trying to take in the shocking news that was just revealed right before their eyes. 
Hyesu soon released her stare and broke into a smile. She placed her arms around Miyeon's shoulders and chuckled lightly "It's alright, this way, oppas will notice us. They'd think we're sisters or something." Miyeon hesistated, before heaving a sigh of relief. "That's true. We'd be much more special than anyone in this room." She returned the smile and relaxed. 

After making small talks with each other and getting to know one another better, curiosity finally overtook Miyeon.
"I hope this doesn't offend you...but...why would you wear a dress you chose....for me?"
She cautiously spoke. Hyesu's lips curled up into a smile as she assured Miyeon that she wasn't angry.
"Hmm...The dresses that you've looked through the other day, although I could afford them, they...just don't attract me as much as this dress does. I guess great minds think alike? Both of us like this dress so much."
She let out a light chuckle, which made Miyeon giggle in response.
"So...you're a rich family's daughter huh? Since you can afford all those dresses that I've touched." 
"Mmm," Hyesu nodded. "That shop belongs to me. My dad had it opened for me because I really like fashion."

While Hyesu went on and on about her golden life, Miyeon could only listen in envy. Hyesu had her dream life, and here's Hyesu, unhappy with the smallest problem she experienced once in a while. Not that Miyeon was unhappy with the life she has now, but she thought that life would be better if she had money. However, in Miyeon's perspective, life would only be perfect for her with NU'EST oppas with her. That was impossible, of course. They're idols, and what is she? A sickly girl who couldn't even protect her own freedom.

"And...let's welcome...NU'EST! LOVES! Show them what you are capable of by cheering loudly!" The MC gladly announced, before strutting off stage for NU'EST's grand entrance.

Screams finally erupted around the room as five dazzling boys took their places on the stage. It seemed as if the whole room was suddenly lighted up by their presence, because each of them appears to be emitting lights that Miyeon couldn't explain how magnificent it looked. Miyeon held her breath, taking in their perfection. 
 

"Show time! NU'EST time! Annyeonghaseyo! Urban Electro Band, NU'EST imnida!"
The five boys enthusiastically introduced, which snapped Miyeon out of her daze-like state. Screams filled the room once again as fans started to go crazy when reality sank in. Hearing squeals from the big crowd, Aron chuckled, amused by their popularity here. 

"Alright girls! Let's calm down and let NU'EST members introduce themselves!" 
The MC once again stepped on stage to calm the roaring crowd down. Shrieks from fans started to lessen, and soon, silence overtook the room, signalling the start of the self-introduction.

– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –

A/N: 

Hello! So, I've finally updated! Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! ^~^
Oh, readers! Will you pleaseeee vote that poll below? I cannot continue the story till I get a result because 
I need to know who you guys prefer so that I can make him Miyeon's bias!  :)

Please don't be mischievious and vote for the one that says "-"! >_<
Until now~ I'll update soon! But not before you guys help me in voting~ :)

 

This is to ensure that my story will be entertaining for most people because you know people 
like to read fics with their bias as the main character, right? kekeke but don't worry!
I'll try to include the others in the story as much as I can! So that all your reading experience will be pleasant! 

Sorry for my bad English. I tried my best. I'll probably edit my grammer sooner or later, but not now!
Because its 2+ in the morning now T^T

I'll close the poll on 11/12/12! And then I'll start updating on a new chapter! :)