Chapter 5

The last dream

Going according to how they were standing, Aron introduced himself first.

"Hello! I'm Aron! Nice to meet all of you!" He smiled sweetly and waved.
That might be a small action but it practically sent most fangirls to their deaths. Aron raised an eyebrow in amusement looking at the response he is getting.

"Annyeonghaseyo! Leader, JR imnida!" JR continued. He gave a small grin and clapped his hands lightly, waiting for the next member to introduce himself.

"Annyeong! Baekho imnida!" Baekho exclaimed, excitement evident in his voice. He raised his hand high up into the air and started waving enthusiastically, causing the previously calm fans to go insane over his fun-loving attitude.

"Annyeonghaseyo! Minhyun imnida!" Minhyun politely bowed and put on his signature smile, sending the whole room into another round of screams.

"Annyeonghaseyo. Maknae, Ren imnida." Ren lightly bowed and smiled, which disappeared as quickly as it came.

The atmosphere in the room once again got heated up as every fangirl present cheered for their beloved oppas. Miyeon and Hyesu made weird noises while spazzing to each other in a language unknown to humans. They gasped for air and breathed heavily, trying to calm themselves down from their spazzing session. 
Finally calming down, Miyeon felt that was turning parch. She hurriedly open her bag to get her bottle of water but had a hard time doing so because she had chucked her bottle at the deeper end of her bag earlier on. Meanwhile, NU'EST made their way to the seats behind a table located in the middle of the stage. On top of the table lay a cloth tinted with a pretty shade of blue, and five black markers were spreaded out neatly on it. While Miyeon was still struggling with her bottle, the MC motioned for fangirls to start queuing for NU'EST's autographs. "Aish seriously" Miyeon muttered, frustration taking over her. She loosen her grip on the bottle and shoved it back into the deep end before tailing behind Hyesu to the queue. 

The queue was moving so fast that Miyeon prayed for it to slow down. Nervousness surged through her and she tightened her grip on the album in her hands. Taking a peek of her favourite member over Hyesu's shoulder, she giggled softly and place her hand over her cheeks, covering up the blush that was forming. 
Miyeon felt her heart beating inhumanly fast once the girl in front of Hyesu had left. She followed behind Hyesu, and shuffled her way to the first member. Aron, being the oldest, sat closest to where the queue is at. He greeted Miyeon with a smile and accepted her album. Signing it quickly, he slide her album to the member sitting beside him while Miyeon stood rooted and followed Aron's actions with her eyes, never missing out a single detail. Aron held his hands out, expecting Miyeon to either grab it like what a hardcore fan would or simply hi-5 him like what a shy fan would do. However, she did neither, and just stood rooted to the ground, staring at the perfection in front of her. She was mesmerized by the boy, and she was sure that Aron did not find that weird. Aron chuckled and brought his hand back to himself, waiting for the next fan's arrival. 

Miyeon snapped out of her dreamland when she heard the girl behind her let out a groan of frustration. She assumed that it was made on purpose just so she would realize that she is blocking the entire queue from moving smoothly. Miyeon turned and gave a small bow with a look of apology before moving towards the next member. JR politely gave her a small smile as he swiftly received the album from Aron and signed it cleanly. To keep things moving fast, JR immediately passed the album to Baekho. Baekho reached his hand out to grab the album but halted when he saw a delicate hand resting on it, conveniently cutting off the natural flow of passing the album. JR's eyes travelled up from Miyeon's hand to her face. He showed a little sign of disapproval on his face, trying to get Miyeon to move on to Baekho so that she would not get into trouble with the security guards that surrounded the room and look like they would kill anyone that is recalcitrant. Miyeon understood the sign and felt a little upset. She wondered why she is always getting disconnected from happiness. All she wanted to do was to stare at the boy's face for another minute or so. Yes, that would be selfish, but she is not someone who is 100% selfless, and she doubt that anyone in the world would actually have the full selfless attitude in them. At times, she prefers to think for herself first rather than for others because it gets tiring being a good person all the time. She is not actually a bad girl, but she is not the most understanding and kindest girl you can find either. Occasionally, she would throw a temper when something is not going her way, or she would defy her mother's orders. She can also be a little rebellious, and she finds herself speaking rudely to her friends at times. She tries to get along well with everyone and to be nice to them even if her first impression of them shows boo. However, when she tires from being too nice to people she does not exactly fancy, she would break and realize how fake she is, and that's when the feeling of selflessness disappears in her, and she would want to live a life where she would not have to interact with people whom she does not like. Afterall, she is a human and no human is flawless. 

Miyeon hung her head down for a little while before looking up directly at JR again. She mouthed the words that she wanted him to know before letting her hand fall back to her side from the album. Baekho took the freed album, his eyes focusing on Miyeon as she moved towards his place. Baekho sent a comforting smile towards her as he saw a flicker of dejection in her eyes that came and went by as fast as lightning, similar to Ren's smiles. Miyeon meekly returned his smile and she appeared cheerful once again, as if the whole JR-JUST-TOLD-ME-TO-STOP-MY-RIDICULOUS-ACT-THAT-I-DID-DUE-TO-MY-LOVE-FOR-HIM never happened. She shook Baekho's hand and moved to Minhyun, who delivered her a gentle smile that seems to make everything around her blossom to a positive aura immediately. Miyeon watched as Minhyun signed her album diligently, and a small smile tugged at her lips as she thought of how Minhyun seems like the perfect, gentleman that almost every girl wishes for. What is upsetting is that Miyeon appears to be the odd one out, the one that prefers cool and bad boys, in appearance and maybe in their personality too. What makes it worst is that she had just left a bad impression on the one that she really like. She sighed quietly and moved towards Ren, who plainly greeted her and did his job.

Miyeon picked up her album that Ren had left stranded at the side of the table, and slowly headed towards the right end of the stage, where a flight of stairs that leads to the audience stand is located at. She gripped onto her album tightly, promising herself to treasure it because she had went through quite a lot just to get a few autographs from her favourite boy band. Miyeon frowned as she started to see doubles. She wondered if there was an earthquake that was so bad right at that moment that it practically made the whole convection hall shake, causing everything to be a blur in her sight. Miyeon felt light-headed as she took another step forward, trying to stablize herself with an extra step. The whole room was spinning around her and she could not understand why. She felt her eyes fluttering close and darkness slowly overtaking her vision, like how the sunlight would slowly vanish when you pull the curtains of your windows close. The last thing that etched in her mind was Hyesu's voice, repeatedly yelling her name with a tone that clearly states panic.

 

– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –

A/N: 

I'll be really busy this year so just a small update while I'm still 'pretty free'.
Nah, I'm just taking a break from studying and trying to satisfy my urge to write.
I've used quite a few new words that I've found online this time! It helps improve my English so its probably good to update often.
Sorry for my grammar mistakes. I'm really clueless about my grammar. I'll make sure to study it well and write better. :)

Bye! I'm gonna go sleep now. Hope you like this~