Chapter 7

Soundtrack Of My Summer {HIATUS}

Wooyoung’s POV:

 

This was the first comfortable sleep I had in this camp ever since I had arrived in here, and somehow Jieun was a partly the reason why it had been this good.

I can’t say that I am in love with her or anything, she is cute and I find her attractive that is all there is.

I looked to the other side of the cabin and found my roommate JB no longer there.

“I guess he is out to practice early in the morning.”

I washed my face and prepared to head out to go stretching when I found her there, Jieun was sitting there outside our cabin holding her guitar giggling with JB, she didn’t seem to notice me there and kept on laughing.

I walked towards them. “You two seem to be having a good time.” I told them.

Jieun eyes went wide after hearing the familiar voice and saw me standing there. “W-wooyoung oppa.” She said and then blushed.

“Oh, hyung! Jieun and I just bumped into each other here and chatted for a while. “ JB said while still smiling at her.

“I must admit, she really plays the guitar, plus she sings like an angel. Hyung must hear her sing.” JB complimented.

“Jieun ah, how’s your leg?” I asked ignoring what JB had just said.

He kneeled to take a closer look at Jieun’s leg.

“uh, IU sshi, Wooyoung hyung, I have to go and look for my partner now. Lets hangout again some time okay?” JB said and left.

Jieun stopped my hand, “it’s really fine oppa, no need to worry about it.” She assured.

“There you are oppa! I have been looking for you everywhere! “ Yoona called out as she was walking her way towards us.

I swear Yoona is just really amazing, she always appears right on time when I am with Jieun. It was annoying, but I just cannot be mad at her because its not her fault.

“Oh, its you again Jieun.” She frowned and Jieun just bowed her head down.

“Oppa! Lets go grab breakfast then start practicing.” Yoona said as she placed her arm around mine right in front of Jieun.

I wanted to remove it but her hold was just so tight, I just cannot imagine for a skinny girl like her with this strength.

“Is Yoona acting intentionally like this in front of her to make Jieun jealous?”

“You go ahead Yoona, I’ll catch up with you at the cafeteria.” I told Yoona.

“Araso oppa, but be quick okay?” Yoona said and the two of us were left alone once again.

I suddenly remembered the gift I was about to give Jieun yesterday, it might be good to give to her later, before I forget.

“Jieun ah, are you free this afternoon?” I asked her and she looked at me with those round eyes of her. She looked confused as to why I was asking her, but she didn’t say no, so she probably did not find my asking her weird at all.

“No, why?” she replied.

“Lets meet near the beach, where we met yesterday. Are you okay with that?” I asked her and she didn’t ask anymore as to why I was asking her to meet me there.

It was one of the good qualities of Jieun, though I didn’t know her for a long time, I have realized this. She is easily trusting to people around her, she gives her heart to everyone, and she is not afraid if people will like her or not and just tries her best.

She doesn’t boast, she is honest, and very understanding of others.

 

All these years it was my first time to feel like this.

I have never felt so love sick with a girl before. Not even with Jessica, whom I thought was my true love. Whom I thought was the right girl for me.

 

Jieun’s POV:

 

It was almost sunset when Maggie and I finished preparing our song for the next examination.

I stretched and finally let out a sigh.

“Now what shall we do Maggie ah? Shall we go and get some snacks?” I asked her.

“Yah, Jieun ah, didn’t you tell me you had something to do this afternoon right?” Maggie reminded me.

“WOOYOUNG OPPA!”

I totally forgot about him, we were supposed to meat at the beach this afternoon.

I’m really such a nutcase to forget about these things.

“Thank you for reminding me Maggie ah!” I told her and gave her a hug.

“Woah woah woah! What is this all about anyway?” she asked me.

“How do I look?” I asked her.

I didn’t have time to change any clothes, because Wooyougn might be still waiting for me there. Meeting Wooyoung always made me self-conscious, I didn’t really know why, but I wanted to look pretty in front of him. I somehow wanted him to like me.

“Cute and charming as always.” She said and gave me a pinch on the cheeks.

“ I’ll leave now Maggie ah, I’ll be back soon!” I told her and ran as fast as I could towards the beach.

By the time I arrived there, I didn’t find him. I looked for a sign of any person, but no one is around.

“He left.”

“Aish, Jieun ah. You’re really a pabo!” I mentally mocked myself and hit myself slightly on the head.

“No you’re not.” Someone from behind me spoke and back hugged me.

“It was a good thing you came Jieun ah. I thought you changed your mind about meeting me here.” Wooyoung spoke softly and turned me around to face him.

“Aigoo, Jieun ah! You looked like you were about to cry.” Wooyoung teased.

“How come you still waited for me?” I said.

“because I wanted to meet you.” Wooyoung smiled.

“What if I didn’t come then?” I challenged him.

“You still came here, didn’t you?” he told me and I giggled.

“Yes oppa I did.” I told him and continued. “Now, what is it oppa that you want to give me?” I asked him.

“this.” He said and in his hands appeared a beautiful silver necklace with a note pendant on it.

It was shining with the sunset. It was so pretty that I couldn’t believe it.

“Can I put it on to you?” Wooyoung asked and I was so speechless that I just nodded.

“Why did Wooyoung give me a necklace?”

“Did he want something from me?”

“Does he perhaps feel sorry about yesterday?”

There were so many question going through my mind right now that I cannot think clearly.

“Jieun ah, do you like it?” he asked and I nodded once again.

“I want you to have that. I want you to keep with you and wear it at all times and think of me.” Wooyoung said and smiled.

“Alright oppa. I will.” I smiled and gave him a warm hug.

 

I still didn’t know why he gave me a necklace so pretty like this, but I also know that he might also still not have an answer to that.

As long as I have this necklace, it was okay to dream and hope about possibilities.