Chapter 6

Soundtrack Of My Summer {HIATUS}

 

IU's POV:

That afternoon we were asked to gather together at the camp ground.

Maggie and I stood side by side while waiting for the announcement.

"I wonder what they'll ask us to do this time." Maggie whispered.

"I have no idea." I told her.

While looking at the other campers there at the crowd, I found Wooyoung standing and he looked like he is searching for someome.

"IU ah, Wooyoung's here." Maggie said and pointed at Wooyoung's direction.

"Yeah, I saw him. He's probably looking for his girlfriend Yoona." I said.

As I was looking at him, he yurned atound and Wooyoung and I locked eyes. He was now walking towards us, or maybe someone else near me.

"What does he want now?"

"Come on Maggie let's go wait somewhere else." I told her when suddenly Wooyoung grabbed my wrist.

"Can we talk?" He asked looking worried.

"What for?" I asked.

" Look, you've been avoiding me. " He said while looking at my eyes.

"I was?" I pretended again.

"Look, I just want to tell you that Yoona and I are not together. We just know each other." Wooyoung explained.

" What's that got to do with me?" I asked while crossing my arms.

Wooyoung rubbed the back of his neck.

"I just wanted you to know, for uh, for you not to get the wrong idea. That's all." He looked away while he spoke.

"I got it. Don't worry." I said and smiled at him even though I don't really get it.

Why would he tell me that? We are not in any kind of relationship anyway.

"Hello campers! Good afternoon! Today we will be asking you to kindly pair up for your next task. The guidelines would be handed over to you by the facilitators as soon as you have your pair ready."

Wooyoung approached me again.

"Jieun ah, would you like to be my-" he asked but was stopped when Yoona approached him and linked her arms into his.

"Oppa there you are! Come on! Let's pair up!" Yoona said.

Wooyoung looked at me like he was saying he did not intend for Yoona to come, but I don't want to be his partner anyway.

"Come on Maggie let's pair up." I said and Maggie just nodded her head.

It was another performance test before we get our formal music and dance classes. So that they would know where our abilities lie.

Maggie and I decided to quickly head on to our cabin to practice.

"You know maybe you should talk to Wooyoung." She said.

"Why? Was I harsh to him earlier?" I asked.

Maggie just nodded her head. "A little." She said.

"Never mind that, let's just do our thing." I told her.

Maggie will be playing her violin and sing in some parts while I would play the guitar and sing.  We practiced until it was nightime already. I was still busy adjusting and making some changes to the song when I found Maggie sitting at the floor asleep.

I shook her and told her to sleep.

"Go to sleep Maggie sshi, I'm just going to finish this and head to bed also." I told her. She gave me a nod and went to her bed and slept.

 

------------------------------------

Wooyoung's POV:

I don't know what made jieun upset but I'm guessing that I had something to do about it.

I really wanted to get to know Jieun more so I wished I could have become partners with her.

In the end I had no choice but to be partners with Yoona, the girl did not do anything wrong to be rejected. Besides its just partnering, not much of a big deal.

After we became partners we immediately decided to choose a song. Yoona wanted the song Trouble Maker and kept on insisting that it was the perfect song choice. I didn't disagree with her anymore because that would take up more time, when we could already start studying the lyrics.

We practiced singing the song together and agreed to just practice the dance the next day.

It was now 9pm and my roommate JB just arrived.

"Sup man?" I asked him.

" Hell of a day." He replied and continued. "My partner is really bad at both singing and dancing, that it took me this late to teach him the moves." He explained.

"Why'd you pick him, if he was that bad?" I asked.

"I didn't have a choice. I arrived there late and we were the only ones left without a partner." Jb said.

"What about you? I heard that hottie girl Yoona's highly into you." Jb teased.

"Yeah right." I said and tossed a pillow to jb and laughed.

When I took a glance at the window, I saw a tiny figure of a girl walking outside.

"What's a girl doing out there late at this hour?"

Curious about that girl, I grabbed my coat and head out of the cabin and followed her from behind.

She continued walking and finally stopped when she found a small bench outside near the lake.

"Finally."

The girl brought a guitar with her and held it up as she sat down. Seconds later she started strumming the guitar and a sweet melody can be heard.

She suddenly started singing with it.

 

(please play this...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5RhMRW1SiA

 

나만 바라보는 눈
na-man ba-ra-bo-nun noon

조각같이 예쁜코
jo-gag-ga-chi ye-bbun-ko

사랑스러운 입술 
sa-rang-su-reo-oon ib-sool

우유같은 피부와 
oo-yu-ga-tun pi-boo-oa

뭔가 궁금한 표정
mwon-ga goong-gum-han pyo-jeong

시크한 말투
si-ku-han mal-too
 
 

"Wait that voice seemed familliar."

Then I remembered the voice of Jieun when we sang the song Only You. That sweet melody that voice produces.

I walked more closer to look at her face and saw that it was non other than Jieun.

Her beautiful face being lit by the moonlight while singing with her eyes closed the whole time.

When she finally stopped singing, she slowly opned her eyes and found me there.

"W-wooyoung sshi."She said and asked. "What are you doing here?"

I don't really want to tell her I followed her all the way here. That might look like I was a creepy stalker so I just said. " I heard your singing. You're good."

"I'm not." She said then looked down.

"I'm just average." She added.

"No you're not. Don't think about what other people tell you. Because you are good and believe in that." I told her.

She just looked at with those round eyes of hers and gave me a small smile.

"Thanks." She said and slowly stood up.

"W-w-here are you going?" I asked her afraid that she might wander somewhere else again.

"Where else?" She said but I still looked clueless.

"Back to the cabins silly." She teased and after a few steps she tripped.

"Look who's silly now!" I back but as she slowly stood up she winced in pain.

"Yah, Jieun ah gwenchana?" I approached her to see.

"No, don't come near. There's mud here. You might slip." She warned.

She's even concerned with others when she's already hurt.

"Let me look at you foot." I offered.

"I'm good." She lied.

I can see her limping her other leg up while walking very slowly.

" I guess I have no choice."

I crouched down and offered my back to her.

"What are you doing?" She asked.

"Offering you a piggyback." I said.

"No need, see?" She shook her injured feet. "I'm just alright."

"Just get on my back alright?" I shouted ay her because im getting a little impatient.

She slowly hopped on my back while holding her guitar case and lightly placed her arms around my neck. I quickly stood up without feeling any burden because she's as light as a feather.

"Yah, Jieun ah. Hold on tighter." I told her and she did. My heart was beating faster than it usually does. Is it because of her or is it because I'm tired?

And we were in that position until we reached the cabins.

She quickly hopped down from my back as soon as we reached the place.

"Wooyoung sshi," she said.

"Thank you for bringing me back." She said and gave that small smile again.

I couldn't help but smile because of her smile.

"I hope I'm not grinning like an idiot right now."

"You're welcome." I nodded.

"Good night Wooyoung sshi." She said and was about to head to her cabin when I called her again.

" Jieun ah." I said.

"Neh?" She asked.

"Its Wooyoung oppa." I reminded her and she giggled.

" Alright. Wooyoung oppa. Good Night." She smiled and headed in.

 

word count: 1410

 

 


Author's Note:

Hey guys, have you seen IU's new mv? The Red Shoes ;)

I hope you like this chapter

sorry for not updating again.. haha.

WooU forever <3

Enjoy :)