Chapter 4

Soundtrack Of My Summer {HIATUS}

 

Wooyoung’s POV:

 

That nerd girl Jieun actually looks pretty cute. She’s shy to admit it but she’s smart and has great vocal skills too! If only she didn’t wear those thick framed glasses.

I believed her when she said she could try singing as well, for the group, but then we practiced together, her voice was much more than just so-so. It was amazing.

Her voice is soft and very angelic. She can even reach the high notes of the song just perfectly.

I couldn’t tell her about it. “You lied.” I said. She looked at me with those confused round eyes.

“You said you can’t sing, but the truth is you can! You were great.” I told her.

She pouted. “You lied to me too. You were awesome!” she said and gave me thumbs up.

Yes I lied, because the truth is I knew I could sing. I have been hiding it because a kingka like me shouldn’t be singing but should be playing sports. A chaebol like me shouldn’t grow up to be doing music but handling the company instead. My Grandfather and my father fought because of that. I don’t want to repeat the same mistake like my father did.

“You okay?” Jieun asked me cutting me from my daze.

Then a teacher approached us “Hey are you guys ready? You guys are coming up next.” She said.

“Yes teacher!” Jieun said and smiled at the teacher.

“Come on lets call the others.” She said while she unconsciously grab my hand and lead me to where Zico, Raina, and Uee were.

We were standing at the side of the stage where the first performers entered.

The first performers were group of girls who danced into the song Run Devil Run by Girls Generation.

They were all wearing these killer high heels and while dancing they were tossing their hair in every direction.

I can say that it was definitely y but not something very pleasing to watch.

Then someone on that stage caught my eye. “Wait- is that Yoona?”

My mom and Yoona’s mom have been best friends ever since high school. When we were kids there are times that her mom drops Yoona off to our home to play with me, but things started to become chaotic as we grew up. She clings on to me like some magnet and I was started to get annoyed with it. She even confessed her feelings for me, she appears in front of me everywhere. Then she eventually stopped when Jessica became my girlfriend.

Their performance was already done, they climbed down the stairs and Yoona noticed IU and me.

“Hello Jieun.” She said but then shifted her attention to me.

“Oppa! You’re here! I thought places like these are not your style?” she asked.

“It is definitely not, but something came up. My mom convinced me to be here, so that’s why I’m here.” I explained.

“What about you?” I asked her.

“Ugh, I was supposed to go to Paris with my mom but she forgot to have my passport fixed. That is why I’m kind of stuck here to thanks to her.” She said.

Jieun beside me tapped my shoulder. “ Wooyougn ah, we’re up next.”

“See you later then oppa.” Yoona smirked and walked away.

The five of us went up on stage with both Jieun and I with our microphone on our hands.

Then the song started playing Jieun sang the first few lines

 

Only you niga anim nal gochil su eobseo
Nandasi useul su ga eobseo

It's only you my baby it's only you..

She was looking at me the whole time she was singing. I could sense that she was really nervous and she needed a way for that not to show.

I wanted to tell her not to be because she wasn’t the only one feeling like that, but I couldn’t.

So I grabbed her hand and looked at her as well while I was singing.

The audience screamed, lots of cheering and shouting happened.

Turns out I was right she was pretty nervous, her hands were soft but cold and with my hand on hers it was slightly becoming warm.

I smiled the whole time I was on stage feeling happy up there on stage with Jieun.

I think our performance was a successful one. After our turn we head down and I forgot that I was still holding Jiuen’s hand. So I let it go, but then I felt her shaking a bit.

“Jieun ah, its over. Don’t be nervous, we made it up there.” I tried to cheer her up.

She looked at me with those round eyes again like she was taking my words in.

“I know, I’m just nervous about the results. I hope we could win this one.” She said.

“I’m sure we can.” I said trying to be positive for her.

We waited for the other performers to finish, some of them were great as well and some of them didn’t even bother to do their performance properly.

Then midnight came. It was time for the results!

The camp director, teacher Kim came up on stage and made the announcement.

Jieun who was sitting beside me closed her eyes.

“The winner for this performance will get VIP tickets to JYP NATION concert, and the winners are! From the hip-hop group of Bang Yongguk sshi.” She announced.

Yongguk’s group ran upstage and received their tickets.

“Wait, before you guys all head back to your rooms I still have to announce one more winner.” She announced.

“From Miss Raina’s group who performed Only You by 2PM, please come here and get your tickets.” She said.

Everyone from our group couldn’t believe what just happened. “We won!”

We group hugged first before we head up stage.

I looked at Jieun who was now beside Zico hyung. She looked like she was about to burst into tears. So I approached her and pinched her cute little cheeks.

She pouted.

“Yah! What was that for?” she silently said and playfully punched me in the arm.

The camp director teacher Kim approached and congratulated us.

“Your coordination as a group I could say was great.” She complimented.

“I’m sure you would remain great friends after this.” She said.

“And the both of you.” She pointed to Jieun and me “was just breathtaking. The both of you looked cute like a couple.” She said.

The both of us blushed and looked away,

“That’s what I am talking about. Just look at the both of you!” she teased.