SHOPPING TIME

Remember Us?

Thanks to my new subscriber: pabshikeul! (As an author on AFF remember every one counts) Again, sorry for the late update...I wanted to do it yesterday but I got Spanish homework :P AY DIOS MIO! (Anyone know a little espanol? Should know that then) 

 

~~~~

 

October 9, 2012

Shopping! Oh my God I can’t believe Ilhoon actually agreed with that! I was sitting on the couch with my feet swinging happily. I liked spending time with him; the mall was just somewhere I wanted to visit at the same time. He would be picking me up in about half an hour, I was antsy and got ready the minute I woke up! It’s not my fault we’re an actual couple now, it’s only 50% my fault. He was the one that was always so sweet and funny to me…he really did surprise me.

When that anticipated knock came from the door I nearly stumbled running to it! I opened the door and was greeted by his smiling face and wide open arms. A pair of arms I haven’t stepped into for two days. “Hey Sohyunie,” he chuckled as he held me close in a hug.

“Hey Ilhoonie,” I smiled happily. I saw that he held a gray blazer with a gold icon and lining. “Your school has uniforms?” I took it from him and he nodded.

“Ne, I don’t like it but I look good anyways,” he smirked and I rolled my eyes. We walked hand in hand to his car and even when we were sitting in the car.

“How was school?” I asked him and he shrugged without taking his eyes off the road.

“Boring as usual, but me and the guys are bonding with some new people,” he said.

“New people?” I raised an eyebrow.

“Yeah, Eunkwang is reserved about us as a group but new guys enrolled and their pretty cool. I’m even learning English from an American exchange student,” he added.

“You better not say anything bad about me,” I grumbled and he laughed. Whenever he smiled or laughed wholeheartedly like that his eyes glittered. I feel myself grinning at that adorable factor.

“Never firstly because that’s rude of me as a boyfriend,” he just called himself my boyfriend, he didn’t need to talk about it.  My heart warmed at his words. “And second, because there’s nothing to make fun of about you,” I lied, now I could feel the euphoria and the lightness of my chest as if it was floating.

“That’s so sweet,” I mumbled and he glanced at me with a smile.

“I know,” he said.

“What?”

“Nothing,” he chuckled to himself.

He drove all the way to the new Lotte Mall in Seoul, finding a rare good parking spot not too far a walk away which is good for both me and him. I happily ran in with Ilhoon quickly following. “Yah! Slow down!” he called and skidded to a stop next to me once we were in the gigantic mall. I looked around, turning a whole 360 degrees to get the view of the shopping center. “Where do you want to go? I got the all the money I was owed today,” he smirked, was he joking?

“Uh, I don’t know. Let’s walk around first,” I thought and felt his hand take mine.

“Alright, just let me know if you wanna stop by a store,” he told me and we strolled around the mall hand in hand making me smile widely. “You know, I wasn’t surprised when you asked me here,” he chuckled making me look at him.

“What does that mean?” I asked him and he chuckled again.

“It’s just that I expected it sometime, I just didn’t know when,” he shrugged.

“Well, eventually all girls want to go shopping,” I reminded him.

“Why do girls like shopping so much? I don’t mind it but I only go if I need to,” he patted the back of his neck down and I wondered: why do we like going shopping?

“Because girls like to buy things that make them feel like they fit in, clothes for example will do this as well as jewelry and things like that. It’s kind of a self-conscious, not really greed,” I told him and he looked at me strangely.

“Why are we here then?” he stopped walking and I stared at him. What the heck is he talking about?

“What do you mean?” I inquired.

“You don’t have to fit in, you’re already beautiful,” I was probably standing there with my mouth agape. Guys might wonder why girls take the compliment “beautiful” so closely but it’s a term that shouldn’t be messed with. Girls desperately want to be called beautiful and to finally hear it from someone you cherish is just one of the greatest feelings. Again, I was blushing like crazy from his sudden act and he looped his arm around my waist pulling me closer. “Just remember that okay?” was he only saying this just because or did he actually mean it? Either way, I appreciated it and we continued to wander in a peaceful silence between us.

I noticed Ilhoon liked to wear a lot of rings, necklaces, and wristlets so we hopped into a store that sold those things. As I was browsing through the glass counter I noticed a ring that immediately reminded me of him. It was a collection of metal rings, about his size, but they each had something different about them. One has small spikes lined up, another had a shape of a pyramid sticking up, I saw a giant gem resting in its mantle on top of one, but the last one was odd. That last one was simply a metal ring, no designs, it was plain. “Ilhoon,” I called and he walked over. “Can I have that?” I pointed and he glanced inside.

“Sure, how much is it?” he asked while pulling out his wallet. Not even questioning why I want it?

“Five hundred won,” I replied and he set the money on the table. I peeked inside his wallet and my eyes widened. “How much money did you get today?!” I looked up at him and he smiled.

“Enough for today,” he answered and took the set. “Is this for me?” he wrinkled his eyebrows together; he probably got a good look at it this time. I nodded. “I want you to take the last one,” he said and scooped up my hand placing the ring on my right ring finger.

“Why?”

“It’s the fourth ring of the set and my favorite number is 1004, four is the fourth digit,” he explained and slipped the other three onto his hands. “Gamsahabnida, I like it,” he smiled. As he looked up his face dropped to a nervous expression and I turned behind me to look. “Ani!” he put a hand on my shoulder before I could see, took my hand and raced out of the store past the rest of the customers. What’s he doing now?!

After entering a separate store about five spaces down Ilhoon stopped. “What’s wrong?” I asked him and he sighed deeply, breath puffing out of both of us.

“I’m sorry, but, I saw Hyunsik and Sungjae walk in,” some of his friends? “And, I-I don’t want them to know I have a girlfriend,” Well that hurt…I felt like I wasn’t important enough or didn’t meet someone’s expectations, I looked down. “It’s not you Sohyun! These, these are the guys that changed me,” Oh, now it made sense. “They’re all I hang out with now; they’d exclude me and write me off. Can, we just keep this a secret for now?” he took my hands and I ended up staring into his eyes. Soft brown, how can I deny it? I ended up believing him.

“Alright, but is it going to be forever?” I wondered. He shook his head.

“Ani, just until I can tell them I promise,” he pulled me in for what I thought was gonna be a hug but ended up touching my lips. That breeze of satisfaction and pleasure blew over me, but a hint of doubt was clouded by this. I now know this but it’s too late to say it today. I should’ve broken up with him then and there.

Even if I tried to deny it that time, I knew I was slightly offended by his words. Although it was difficult to be angry at him for long, he had that smile that could melt hearts, a laugh that brightened even the darkest hours and kindness that felt too good to be true. I didn’t expect him to be like it, but he turned my perspective around.  Could he really want a relationship with me? He’s called me his girlfriend more times than I could’ve thought that day, cared for me so warmly it felt like fire in my heart, and lifted my spirits more than anyone, even Kikwang, would’ve done. He even agreed to go shopping without hesitation! I felt like I knew that it was okay to let him into my life and have him be my boyfriend.

After a few hours of shopping (yeah, he survived that long!) Ilhoon offered to help me carry in my bags. “Do you want to stay over for a bit?” I asked him as we were done.

“I can’t I have a lot of homework,” he grumbled. He’s actually doing homework?!

“Good! Keep doing that then,” I smiled and he rolled his eyes.

“I’ll see you soon though,” he whispered and kissed me gently. Let him in, Sohyun, you’ll be fine with him. The second I felt like opening up to him it was like something else came in. it was more than the heat of the kiss I genuinely felt happiness in it, it was more than pleasure I was actually pleased, and I tried to memorize every gentle touch his lips made with mine as if it was for a test the next day. I don’t remember if this happened with Kikwang and I but this was a much more extreme experience. He leisurely let go and kissed my cheek, a broad smile spread across his face. “Bye Sohyunie,” He said and ran back to his car, taking large leaps so dramatically almost making me laugh. I turned back and walked into the house, every finger shaking with excitement. 

 

A/N: Don't forget to comment about my work, criticize if needed!