The Fight and Secrets Out

Remember Us?

Let me first say thanks to my new subscriber: soholiclove! And another thanks to meldouche and soholiclove complimenting me on my work! It means a lot to me guys! <3 :D

Now, I know! I know I spent a while on this but in my defense it's a hella long chapter! I tried to make it a bit more descriptive but not too wordy so let's see how I did okay? 

 

~~~~

 

November 3, 2012 (About 1 hour 30 minutes ago)

I adjusted my black spiked knuckles, a weapon that I’ve used before in fights. It was kind of like my trademark, even if I barely use it. You see, I punch harder with my left even if I’m right handed. I use both hands/arms which comes in handy at times. I jogged down the steps and exited the building just in time to see Eunkwang pulling up in his white Land Rover Discovery and Changseob in a black Seat Mii with five seats since we added the new guys we have 12 people now. “Good you’re coming!” Eunkwang said, relieved as I opened up the door and squeezed in between Aron and Baekho.

“Ne, I guess fighting Kikwang gave me some energy,” I shrugged and buckled up with a grunt.

“Why did you fight Kikwang?” Sungjae bumped in from the backseat and I sighed. What should I say?

“Reasons,” I mumbled, even to myself I sounded suspicious.

“Can you tell me?” Aron wondered in English and I shook my head. He frowned. Aron and I have gotten close over the past month, he wasn’t a huge drinker or smoker and he was teaching me a bit of English. Still, I can’t trust him with my relationship issues or my relationship overall. None of them would be okay to trust with the topic.

“It’s a bit too personal,” I told them as Eunkwang began driving once more. “Where are we going?” I wondered, eager to change the topic.

“Seoul Forest, so sit back for another half hour,” Eunkwang said and I sighed, leaning back into the comfortable leather. Jonghyun jokingly laid his head on my shoulder but I just rolled my eyes and took a little nap.

When I felt the car come to a complete stop I opened my eyes and saw we were at the edge of the large park. All of us stretched out our tired limbs and Jonghyun and Aron popped open the doors letting the crisp air into the car even as we piled out. “So, why are we here again?” Changseob wondered and we all gathered in a circle. I felt like we did that to gather warmth, it was kind of cold out!

“Don’t you guys remember the 13 who were just begging for a fight in the lunchroom?” Eunkwang smirked. Oh…those guys. About a week ago Eunkwang and this guy nick-named Casper, since he’s a Chinese exchange student his real name is kind of hard to pronounce, they got in a fight and I forgot they’re bringing out some gangs to brawl with each other. Eunkwang gets in too many fights. This was like the fourth one this year alone!

“They outnumber us by one?” Hyunsik raised an eyebrow. Because of our large group I was also surprised they were able to outnumber us, even if it was by a miniscule amount.

“Who cares? We haven’t lost a fight yet,” Minhyuk shrugged. True.

“So, we just run in?” Min Ki wondered and adjusted his black fingerless gloves. Being the youngest he’s probably gonna have back up from the better fighters like Hyunsik or Peniel.

“Pretty much, but we better split up into groups. I’ll go with Minhyuk, Peniel, Ilhoon, Aron, and Minhyun. Changseob, Hyunsik, Sungjae, Jonghyun, Baekho, and Min Ki will head in the opposite direction, arreso?” Eunkwang asked.

“Arreso,” we all replied and he grinned.

“Then let’s go kick some !”

After splitting directions I was beginning to get tired from running. We were in our school uniforms and jogging around the forest we looked like we were on a school trip! Except for the fact the place was surprisingly empty. It had to be about ten minutes since we arrived at the forest. We had disappeared into the trees, orange, brown, and yellow leaves crinkled underneath our feet basically killing the stealthy part we were going for. “Why won’t they show their goddamn faces?” Aron hissed to Peniel.

“Cowards, ,” Peniel chuckled. I wrinkled my eyebrows in confusion, not understanding the second word but I turned back to looking forward. They are taking a hella long time…we arrived at a concrete pathway with a little wooden bridge to cross a small stream. There were small seven foot tall trees all evenly planted in a wide open green area. We must’ve been far from the parking lot by now. We stopped for a moment to rest; I sat cross legged in the edge of the path by myself and stared at my black knuckles. I wonder how Sohyun’s doing, hopefully Junhyung and Hara are gonna be there soon. I suddenly felt a grip on my collar and reacted on my instincts by grabbing the arm and flinging them forward.

“Holy !” Minhyun swore surprised as the body flipped beside him, that was like the first words he’s said all day and they’re for swearing… I had flung in a guy who had to be at least four inches taller than me. He actually looked a bit like Minhyun except his eyes were smaller and his face was sharper; he had to be a Chinese exchange student! His black bangs had covered his right eye which would be difficult for me since I’m right eye dominant.

“Oh! This is J.G! He a Chinese exchange student.” I knew it! “And your age,” Peniel told me.

“He was strong, had a good grip on my collar,” I mumbled, fixing the gray collar. My age?! Are you sure?!

“So…do we just leave him here?” Aron wondered, moving his head at different angles to look at J.G.

“Pretty much, his group will end up here anyways,” Eunkwang grinned when suddenly a body slammed into our leader’s, pushing him onto the grass with an: “OOF!” 

“EUNKWANG!” the rest of us shouted until five more charged at us from behind. The fight’s starting and I’m totally pumped. I thought with a sinister grin and raised my left fist.

After J.G I thought these were gonna be easily fought battles. Obviously I was wrong, these guys were freaking skilled! I was up against a guy near my age with black sides and a messy Mohawk which was a rusty color at the tips. Along with his uniform he wore a black spiked collar and heavy metallic rings along his fingers which caused numb pain to shoot through my arms and chest with each blow. He was a quick dodger, jumping back or sidestepping every time I dared to punch him with my right hand. Coward. But really I can’t blame him, the points are pretty deadly. I’ve been fighting this guy for a while now, I was tired. He was good but boring, did the same things over and over again you know? I put some extra force down on a kick in the chest which sent him on his back onto the concrete. I was gonna punch him but I realized he was already out cold. I noticed some crystalized letters under his jacket and flicked it open really quickly: JR. It must be his name, or a nick-name.

I straightened out my jacket and turned back to search for whoever needed help. Minhyun. He was in a bit of a struggle with another guy who was also (I’m not gonna lie) pretty good looking, tall, and had a sort of baby face. He sure knew how to look tough and innocent at the same time…get it over with already! I ran over to them, getting Minhyun’s attention and he leaped backward. The guy he was fighting paused with a raised fist, clearly confused but he didn’t have time to notice until I kicked him to the ground. I hope I didn’t break his collarbone… AGH! Sohyun I’m spending way too much time with you, I’m losing my aggressive touch.

“Thanks for taking Shin off my back,” Minhyun patted my shoulder and I shrugged.

“I basically grew up a gang member, it’s only fair to help,” I grinned but not as heartily as I wanted. I was immediately reminded of my father… being a gang member, it must be a family thing.

I ended up helping Peniel fist some guy who was slightly taller than me. He reminded me of a Westerner with his dark brown hair and wider eyes, he even spoke English! I know because Peniel and he kept grunting at each other in English… this guy was pretty tough, he had a big build like for playing sports. He might be on our football team now that I think of it. Suddenly thinking of teams I thought of gangs and I couldn’t shake the thought of me being like my father. I’m not like him. I never will be! I tried to say to myself, slightly getting distracted and stumbling to dodge a fist. “Focus!” Peniel warned and I absently nodded. I’m in a gang, I’m willingly hurting others, but no. I will never kill someone in cold blood. Not how he did it, he killed multiple men all at once. I will never become that dangerous to humanity. People who are like that are sick and twisted. People who are like that are like my father. “Ilhoon!” I hadn’t noticed I was staring at the ground and walking around like I was drunk. I lifted my head abruptly in time to see Peniel coughing on the ground with this guy running at me with the speed of Usain Bolt.

“Oh ,” I swore to myself and was able to slightly prepare for the impact. He shouldered me onto the ground causing headaches and sharp pain in my back. Not enough preparation…I groaned and suddenly saw colorful spots in my vision. I turned my head just when a fist nailed me in the forehead. Then, I just saw black.

Slight agony was felt throughout my body, mainly my head as I regained consciousness. I felt worn leather against my numb fingertips, the slight bumps that told me I was moving, and the restrictions of the seat belt. I groaned loudly. “Good, you’re up,” I heard Aron’s voice but refused to open my eyes.

“What happened?” I groggily asked, wiping my fingers along my forehead where I felt a welt in the dead center.

“Well, after you Sang Min was sacked by Peniel. You missed the leader fight! It was the !” Minhyuk exclaimed. Great, not only did I black out I missed the most important brawl. All because my dad got in my way, again. I mentally growled at him, I wanted him to disappear but even now he still pops in.

“We won?” I asked hopefully.

“Ne, it took a few black outs, some bruises and cuts but it was fun. Doesn’t matter, when we’re all in shape we’re gonna kick together,” Eunkwang called. I may be in pain still but that did not make sense.

“Wh-what?” I moaned and finally opened my eyes. I blinked furiously to get the brightness a little bit duller and my head had to stop shaking for a moment. Woah, it’s been so long since I out, the feeling’s alien.

“Well the other high schools are known to play dirty, so, we should only get even right?” Hyunsik said behind me, bumping my shoulder slightly. It was meant to be soft but right now it felt like another sock. Damn I’m sensitive. After a few more minutes Eunkwang pulled into the half-filled parking lot to my apartment complex. I didn’t wanna get out, I felt like I just woke up from a good night sleep even if it wasn’t so good. But I pushed myself up, leaning my arms out and I climbed out of the car making sure to be careful of my knuckles.

“Might wanna, uh, wash those knuckles. I think Aron got a bit high with those,” Jonghyun warned me and I widened my eyes at Aron who shrugged with a sly grin.

“Sorry!” he quickly apologized and they sped off. At least we won.

I lazily stepped up the stairs, pausing every so often because of my throbbing brain. That guy, Sang Min, had one hell of a swing. I rested my head on my arm but I continued up eventually making it to my room. I slid my back against the door and breathed heavily, not taking out my key yet. My arms were sore from punching and my legs were begging to take a break, they were all painfully tight and tensed. “It was Japan, a couple months within our trip and only a few days before departure,” Hara? I wrinkled my eyebrows and pressed my ear against the door. Were they talking about their secretive trip to Japan? “Our boss had given us a day of exploring and some extra spending money, which ended up never getting spent,” sure enough her voice was soft and distant but I could make all of it out.

“We were passing by an alley, sickening to see him in another one,” Junhyung hissed. Why am I not in there? Junhyung’s mad face is priceless! But this is getting interesting. “Promise! Never to tell Ilhoon!” well then, hiding things from me now? I pressed my ear against the door even harder.

“I won’t I promise,” Sohyun?! Why are you turning my girlfriend against me?!

“He was only talking to some other guy, when he turned and immediately recognized me. His eyes widened, he uncrossed his arms, and started walking towards us. At first I was shocked, I didn’t expect him to still be alive after all these years but I took Hara’s hand and made a run for it.” Holy did he see our dad in Japan?! I was totally engrossed in their conversation now, wanting to know everything he wouldn’t tell me after these two years.

“I was really confused; Junhyung never spoke of any other relative besides Ilhoon let alone his gang leader father,” Hara mumbled. Did she have to use the word gang? “Until I heard him shouting, ‘get back here, Son!’” I shivered at the thought of meeting my father again. I haven’t seen him in ten years, the last time I did he had brutally killed a man for not giving him money. I don’t get how anyone could ever find that look on his face bearable to raise a family with, let alone love. Sohyun did. shut up you little voice!

“When we caught a cab I explained to her, and remembering everything when I was young. When Ilhoon was young, how we were in danger and not wanted. I cried for the first time in years,” Junhyung mumbled, speaking with a slight embarrassed tone and a little vulnerability. I haven’t heard that Junhyung many times, it scared me to know that our father had this effect on him (disappointedly me as well).

“I always thought Junhyung was tough and stone cold, his tears brought us together. And I’ve never met a more caring man.” I could imagine Hara smiling at him and Junhyung kissing her forehead. When my brother had come back from Japan I realized he was different. He was still the same but some nurturing attributes were added, and a girlfriend for example.

“Wow, have you and Ilhoon had a lot of hate towards your father?” Sohyun asked. I scoffed lightly. Hate is an understatement.

“We resented him, for as long as I can remember. He wasn’t a father; he wasn’t even someone I wanted to know. For my entire life, and Ilhoon’s, he will always be a stranger,” I heard Junhyung grumble. Exactly, there’s no room for forgiveness. No room to make up for our childhood and basically more than half of my life. No room to become the father I only wanted to learn from. I had enough, I got all the information they wanted to keep from me. Now, I need to treat all these pains! I reached into my back pocket and pulled out my key, swiftly inserting it into the lock. I swung open the door but I pulled a bit too much of my clenched muscle and actually made a very convincing moan of pain.

“Holy Ilhoon! I thought I told you not to get yourself ing hurt!” Sohyun swore, that was the most I’ve ever heard her swear. And she dropped the “F” bomb! I smirked at her, looking at the face I wanted to see during my whole fight. I just realized that.

“It’s great to see you too, Jagiya. Can you get the first aid?” I asked her, smiling innocently. Junhyung helped me limp to the couch and even knew the procedure to wash out my black knuckles. Kind of scary since he didn’t know I used it but okay. Hara was even helping Sohyun treat my bruises and some cuts on my hands from Jr.’s rings. As I watched all three of them, act slightly kinder than usual, I knew what their explanation was. They had met my father and somehow he’s still around in our lives. I need to figure out how. My thought process was interrupted by the familiar ring of Junhyung’s phone. Before I could reach it to hand it to him Jun ran out of nowhere, snatched it, and ignored the call. Fear clenched my gut, anger boiled in my stomach, my hands became antsy wanting to grab something, and I tried very hard to think nothing was wrong when the worst thing possible could’ve happened. He’s got his number. 

 

A/N: I added some new groups! I might've not have mentioned them all but I'm including Cross Gene, JJ Project, and X-5!

Cross Gene: Casper/Chu Xiao Xiang/Chinese Member (rapper & main dancer), Shin/Shin Won Ho/Korean Member (vocalist & visual) Takuya/Only Japanese Member (leader & vocalist), Sangmin/Kim Sang Min/Korean Member (rapper & lead dancer), Yongseok/Kim Yong Seok/korean Member (main vocalist), J.G/Gao Jia Ning/Chinese Member (main vocalist & maknae)

JJ Project: JB/Im Jae Bum (leader, main vocalist, rapper) and Jr./Park Jin Young (main rapper, vocalist, and maknae)

X-5: Ghun/Son Hyun Seok (leader & main vocalist), Taefung/Lee Dong Hyun (main vocalist), Haewon/Jung Hae Won (lead vocalist & visual), Zin/jin Hyun Jin (main rapper), Sulhu/Kim Jin Wan (lead rapper & maknae)