Shopping!

In Too Deep
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“So? What are you waiting for?” Hyukjae demanded in a cold tone. He was dressed in a long-sleeved black and white striped shirt which were rolled up to his elbows, and paired with a light brown khaki pants that were folded up a few times to reach just above his ankles. With a red belt and maroon shoes to match his outfit, Hyukjae looked chic. Leaning his body to one side and arms folded, his pose only complimented his outfit more.

“Would you care to explain?”

Kneeling right in front of him was two men, who didn’t look that much older than him, with their arms up and heads down in an apologetic manner. Both seemed to be polar opposites, one was sporting a smart business man look with his light blue long-sleeved button up dress shirt with black pants while the other was wearing a dark red tee with a leather vest and dark denim jeans. To sum up, they didn’t look like they would be acquainted with each other. But they were, and they seemed to have caused trouble for the angry brunette together.

“Explain exactly why my mother knows about the party. Why she tried to convince me to go. And tell me why you had to fool my mother that way!” His booming and commanding voice echoed throughout the room and sent more shivers down the two kneeling men’s spines. He didn’t just ask them, he ordered them, which was a bit odd and ironic considering that he was asking that of his boss and senior.

The two heads looked up after flinching for a second. They saw Hyukjae’s angry face and looked down again, not wanting to face an overprotective son’s wrath. They should have seen this coming –should have been prepared for the consequences, the moment they decided to con his mother into saving their lives, involuntarily.

Hangeng tried being brave by looking up at Hyukjae, only to back down again after he saw Hyukjae’s very scary expecting face. Siwon being the more courageous one, faced Hyukjae and spoke out after gulping audibly, “We’re really sorry, Hyukjae. We were really desperate to ask you to come to the party and we didn’t want to get scolded by the Big Boss again so we were really desperate and-” Hyukjae glared down at him, “-and we are really sorry.” He stuttered out and let his head fall down again in guilt.

“Yeah, I’m sorry too, Hyuk.” Hangeng followed. Hyukjae looked down at his two friends, who were also his boss and senior, and sighed deeply.

“Idiots.”

Siwon inwardly sighed in relief at the surrendering tone Hyukjae used. He may not have forgiven them but he wasn’t angry anymore. And that itself was relief enough to both Siwon and Hangeng.

Hyukjae took a seat down on the office couch and started massaging his head with the upcoming headaches and migraines he knew was going to come. He didn’t know how many more he could handle the dimwits of a friend he had. Sure he could quietly confess in a secluded room in the Sahara Desert where no one would be around, that he might –just might– love them, but they could be such idiots sometimes –okay, maybe most of the times.

Now what was he supposed to do? He had said yes to his mother but gatherings were just not his forte and big parties like this were the worst. How the hell was he supposed to escape? His mother would find out either by his friends’ big tattletale mouths or just plain intuition –as explained by woman’s natural instincts and powers.

Another sigh escaped Hyukjae’s mouth and captured his two friends’ attention. Siwon looked up at Hyukjae a bit hesitantly.

Should I or should I not?

“So Hyuk, are you coming to the party now?”

Apparently he doesn’t have to make any decision now since the dickless moron beside him had popped the question –dickless because clearly, he has enough balls to ask the already angered Hyukjae such question, that or he was just damn stupid and blunt. He looked back at Hyukjae to see his firm glare back to his face, where it was most of the time.

He had been curious for a while now if their plan to ask his mom to convince Hyukjae had worked out, but was smart enough not to ask.

Unfortunately, his good friend beside him was not as intelligent as he was.

Still curious, Siwon stared intently at Hyukjae, waiting for his answer. Hyukjae’s glare finally wore down and he sighed again for the millionth time that day and finally whispered out a yes.

“Sorry?” Hyukjae glared down at him again and Siwon winced back, yet Hyukjae still repeated his answer, this time a bit louder than his whisper before.

“Yes.”

Siwon and Hangeng’s face lit up at his answer and smiled ecstatically at each other. They were quick on their feet as they stood up and ran to where Hyukjae was.

“Hyuk, that’s great! Thank you so much! You don’t know how thankful we are!”

“Thankful? I didn’t do this for you guys.”

Siwon and Hangeng chuckled out nervously, remembering they were still in punishment mode. They stood there awkwardly avoiding Hyukjae’s intense stare.

Siwon wanted to so badly get out of this awkward moment so he thought of things that he should do later on, then suddenly remembering about the party.

“Oh wait!” Hangeng and Hy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter