Heir Apparent

In Too Deep
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

It was a lovely day today. The sky was sparsely covered by clouds as the afternoon sun reigned supreme. A streak of radiant ray shot through the frothy clouds illuminating the area. Birds chirped gleefully while butterflies danced merrily along with the gentle fresh breeze that lulled in the air. Today was such a prefect day.

“FUUUUUU-“

Okay, scratch that.

“What’s wrong, hyung? “

Sungmin-hyung came home about 2 hours ago, only to come barging into my room shouting profanities and screaming at probably every Nemo plushy he saw. Then grabbing them and throwing them, hard, on the floor. My poor Nemo -sigh-.

“I’m just tired, Hae. Tired of all the bull happening in the company, tired of the old hag of a secretary I have, constantly annoying the wits out of me and tired of those ing higher-ups looking down at me and talking behind my ing back. God damn it. “, and then he started throwing my Nemo plushies on the floor yet again.

“Wo~ah, hyung. Calm down. I’m sure you can handle it. I mean, you’ve been taking that kind of crap for two years now. I’m sure you can wait until you take over and fire those people. “, I said trying to coax him, so he won’t touch my Nemo no more.

“I can’t Hae! For two whole years, yes I have been taking that crap for two whole years! But no more! I can’t take that same crap every day for a day more! “, he said flailing his arms everywhere.

He seems to really hate that. I mean all the things he said were true anyway. Everybody probably hated us – well more like him and Chul-hyung – because they didn’t have to do anything to get the title as president when there are probably people out there working their butts off for a position in the Lee Inc. So I guess I could feel his pain. But those people don’t know me anyway. They think Chul-hyung and Min-hyung are the only sons of the Great President Lee of the Lee Inc. But I don’t blame them if they don’t know me. I’ve only visited the company once or twice when I was young.

 

“Ugh, if only there was something I could do. I don’t want – don’t need – the company. I have my own dreams too! To go across the world with the one I love. I want to make memories. I want to see the world!" He sighed.

So that was his dream. That is a nice dream. To go across the world… with the one he loves. The one he loves. Love. Love? What is Love?

 

“Hae? Hae? Hey, snap out of it!"

“Oh, what? “, I asked, looking lost at him.

“I’ve got a plan.“ He smiled deviously at me.

Uh-oh, I do not like where this was going.

 

--

 

Well, here I am...

À La Carte Cafe

God, why did I ever agree to come here in the first place?

I stepped closer to the café to look through the window, finding Sungmin-hyung. I saw him sitting in a corner, looking at his wristwatch. He must have been waiting for me. As much as I actually wanted to help, I really had a bad and strange feeling about this. Sungmin-hyung may look like a cute and innocent bunny to people’s eyes but what lies beneath that fluffiness is nothing but pure mischief. And that mischief has actually led to very unfortunate events for me. I don’t really fancy going through those specific events again.

But I’m already here. I just can’t back out now.

Huh, easier said than done.

I might as well get this over with.

I walk towards the front door and stepped in. I already knew Sungmin-hyung was sitting in the corner, so I walked myself towards that direction.

He glared at me as I sat on the chair opposite him. A waiter came and asked me for an order and I asked for plain water, ignoring Sungmin-hyung’s questioning stare as I shifted uncomfortably as the waiter left.

“So they have waiters here?” I asked, finally breaking the silence. It was a weird and random question but it’s still a way to break the ice.

Sungmin just stared at him cynically.

“Whatever. Now, I called you here to talk about something important and I know you’re going to be a bit displeased about what I’m going to say but I want you to promise you’re not going to make a scene, okay?” Sungmin looked at Donghae expectantly.

Okay, now this is seriously starting to me disturb me and scare me even more than before.

“Hyung, I don’t like where this is going,” Donghae said, fidgeting in his seat.

“No, no. It’s okay Donghae. I assure you what I'm going to say is safe and is not in a way going to put you in trouble.” Sungmin cooed at him, trying to persuade him to listen to what he has to say.

“In a way?” Donghae echoed inquiringly.

“Okay, no, no. Donghae, relax.” He cooed, yet again.

“Okay. Now as you know, just yesterday, I made a scene in your room and kept ranting on and on about the company, right?” Donghae nodded in agreement, remembering how his poor Nemo was thrown down on the flo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter