Chap seven

Lies

5 :30 AM , my bag was beside me after I took shower and been ready , I opened the door slowly not to wake up the family and closed it and headed toward the airport by bicycle .

 

After parking and paying for the bike , I eyed the huge place , it almost empty , just some business men , I turned to the other direction but none of some one I know ‘s sight was there , until some pokes on my shoulder made me turn and I smiled politely .

 

“ Hey here “ Hi showed me the way smiling and I followed her .

 

Beside the big planes , was one smaller than them by a little “ IT’S A PRIVATE ONE ! “ shouted Hi due to the other’s plans loud noise , I nodded and went in .

 

“ HYUKIIIIIIIIIIIIIE “ Hae who was sitting and warming her self with a little blanket waved at me , I smiled and sit across her .

 

After some time , Hi rejoined us and the pilot told us by the speakers to hold on our belts .

Hae kept screaming when the plain took off and Hi just chuckled and I hold my stomach because the brusque movement make you feel tickles on your abs .

 

After some moment the plane was flying in the air , and then Hi came and showed us an album , it contained so many pictures of her and her family , she showed to us each picture which we looked at it gladly , at least Hae.

 

In the last , she showed us a big picture , showing so many people , and Hi showed us her grandfather , she said that she loved him so mush so she will go to his favourite place to celebrate his death ‘s date , but there was also another reason .

 

“ When I was little , Grandpa told me that he hide a big treasure there which is an egg of memory , he never showed it to us nor described it , we just know the name . “ she explained , “ and I want to find that treasure ! “ she ended .

 

Well it’s sounds interesting .

 

She kept showing us each person in that picture but my eyes caught some man , my head give me a ‘already seen ‘ feeling but I don’t know where , I frowned but didn’t get an answer .

 

The way was all about Hi family , and I closed my eyes until the arrival .

 

At our arrival , we made our way directly to the Temple at it’s library where we met Mr Yama , the keeper of the library and also some of Hi’s friend family , and another man .

 

At the big library room , they started chatting , but in a moment something caught my intention , Mr Yama’s cigarette . Or precisely it’s the smoke , it was flying toward the down , I followed the steam’s way as I passed my hand on the ground , and as I approached a little the ground crawling some cold air slapped my hand , winds .

 

Unaware of the other’s looks at me _ since I was leaning to the ground _ , I titled my head and asked “ is there any room under this library ? or maby an air place ?

 

“ No … not to my knowledge “ Mr Yama answered .

 

I nodded and continued following the cold wind slapping my hand until I found a fissure , I passed my hand on it and one of the ground’s brick moved , earning gasps from others , the fissure revealed a keyboard .

 

All leaned to see the keyboard , as I figured the thing too , maybe we need to write something with the keyboard , a code maybe ; but I was sure of something , there must be some room under the library .

 

I stood up .

 

“ what ? you’re letting it like that ?! “ Hi voiced

 

“ it’s not my business , it’s just my curiosity who lent me here “ I stated .

 

“ oh please , maybe the treasure is hidden there , please help me ! “ she begged .

 

Now that I have her permission , I can continue , so I nodded .

 

I think we might write a password on the keyboard to open something “ I informed

 

“ password ? like letters or numbers ? “ Hi questioned and I nodded

 

“ umm “she patted her lips , “ try ‘ memory ‘ “ she said , and I went kneeled near the keyboard and taped it , but got no answer .

 

“ try ‘toramits ‘ “ Hae suddenly said .

 

I tapped it and to everyone’s surprise the ground moved , we stepped some meters away as our eyes were widened with the view , the bricks were removed continually and formed a hole in the ground , then from that hole , stairs started shown one after to others heading in the deep of the hole .

 

After some minutes , I moved near the hole  , and saw that the stairs leaded to some sort of cellar , the light down encouraged me to go down as I stepped down slowly .

Soon others were following me .

 

As we went all down , we scanned the place , it was the start of a long corridor , and we walked along it until we stopped in front of a big closed gate , which showed a drawing of a huge eagle with two head shining as a big sun was behind him .

 

I scanned the drawing , but my head was blank , it showed beams , and the sun , also the eagle’s eyes were  glowing same as the surroundings … everything was so …. Bright … bright?

 

I turned “ do you have a pocket lamp ? “ I asked

 

The man who was with Mr Jung handed me one , and as soon as I took it I tried to lightened the picture , but in vain , I passed hopefully the light to the sun and there the door moved !

 

“ woaaaaaa Hyukjae how did you know ?!! “ Hi exclaimed

 

“ the drawing showed so bright objects , the sun , the beams , also the eyes glow , so I supposed bright needs light “

 

“ God Yeas! My grandpa loved bright places !! how could I forget sush a thing! Hyukjae you’re a genius ! “

 

As the door was widely open , we stepped hesitantly inside , it was a huge white chamber and in the middle was a tomb , a big one .

We made our way to the tomb and found it locked , then Hi took from her neck a necklace having at it’s tip a key .

 

“ my grandpas gave it to me since I was child “ she explained .

 

She stepped slowly toward the tomb and sneaked the key in the lock , and the tomb opened .

The latter contained human bones , a skeleton , I suppose it’s her Grandpa’s one .

 

“ Is that Mr Kim’s skeleton ? “ the library man asked

 

“ no I don’t think , because my gandpa’s had been burried in Korea … oh … “ she whispered the last word as she looked at what the skeleton had , a ring .

 

She smiled “ It’s my grandma’s one , Marie “

 

“ Marie ? “ I asked

 

“ yeah , my grandma is Russian “ she informed

 

Oh , now I get the grey eye’s reason . I smiled .

 

We removed the rest of the coffin’s coverage and were surprised to see that Hi’s grandma , or her skeleton were hugging and egg ! But not a simple egg , a big golden one , with jewel ornaments in the sides .

 

That was .. wow .

 

“ The egg of memory “ Hi voiced shocked , nearly crying , she went and held it but as soon as the egg was removed from it’s place , the ornament moved and glowed , the room suddenly became dark and just the egg illuminated it , when the jewels stopped move , each one reflected light on the room’s walls .

 

Turning to see the walls , all were covered with pictures , and I could recognize the people on it , they were the same Hi showed us in the plane , her family .

 

So this what hide the egg memory , I smiled .

 

I saw the pictures , but then there in one of them I saw that man again ! Oh head why you giving me such pain , I just could not tell where I saw that man !!

 

“ umm Hi , who’s that man ? “ I pointed at him

 

“ oh “ she smiled “ it’s Mr Lee  , it’s Hae’s grandpa

 

“ oh .. “ , talking about Hae , where is she ?

 

 

 

Suddenly all went dark and gun shots were heard !!

 

The shots didn’t want stop and were so near and I counted 4 shots , my heart started to beat like a crazy , and the light were on again .

 

My eyes widened at the sigh of the room , Mr Jung , that man and Hi were ….. laying down blood running from them , I tried to think but my mind was totally blank when I saw that each one bleed from the eyes!

OMG could it be the same snipp-

 

“ Lee Hyuk jae “

 

My thought were interrupted by a call , I turned my gaze from the cadavers to the voice’s place , to be welcomed by a long and thin black iron , a rifl .

 

I passed my stare from the rifl to it’s owner , to see at least my killer’s face , but I was even more shocked if it’s even possible to see the face .

 

“ H-hae ? “

 

She was holding the weapon pointing it right in front of my eye .

 

I gulped .

 

 

 

--------------

so all this time the criminal was near him ?!!

will Hyuk survive ?

and who is actually Hae ?

all answers will be in next chap , and also a new person will appear too ;)

 

btw i missed you ^^