The Other Side Of The Story

Fly High

 

*Nichkhun’s POV*

 

*Flashback*

 

It is my first day working in this airline. I’m really nervous actually, I have never worked in a Korean airline company before, so their way of doing work here might be different to the things that I’m used to. Hopefully nothing goes wrong today. *Exhale loudly*

 

As I was walking towards the main entrance of the airport, I saw one fine looking young man. From the way he walked and his uniform I can tell that he is a steward and I recognized that uniform from somewhere. The theme color looks really familiar, after thinking for a few minutes; suddenly I noticed my own uniform. It’s the same! Dang! Is today my birthday? I think I’ve got a y birthday present. *Smile like an idiot* I ran towards the main door to catch up with him, but before I could get to him someone called me.

 

“Sunbae”

 

“Ahh.. Eunhyuk ssi”

 

“Where are you going in a hurry sunbae? And the pilots office is that way” asked Enuhyuk to me.

 

“Ahh, no where, just walking around admiring the airport. This is a really lovely airport ei” I tried to cover my initial plan.

 

“Monkeyyy!!!” A voice came from my back

 

“Fishyyyy!!!” Eunhyuk replied back and hugged a quite good-looking young man.

 

“Sorry sunbae, by the way, meet my fiancé, Donghae ssi. Baby, this is my sunbae back in my flying school, Nichkhun ssi”

 

“Ahhh, annyeonghasimnikka Nichkhun kijang”

 

“Ah ye, annyeonghasimnikka. Are you a steward of this airline as well?”

 

“Ne, I am” Donghae replied me with a warm smile, truly an air steward material.

 

“Baby, I have a flight to Sydney today, I’ll be back in a few days ok” said Donghae to Eunhyuk.

 

“I’m going to miss you then *pouted* have fun ok. I have a flight with Nichkhun kijang to JFK today. I’ll see you in a few days too ok” he smiled.

 

“Ok!! Anyway, it’s a pleasure meeting you today sir. Have a safe flight to you sir” He smiled at me and bowed slightly before he walked away.

 

“Ah, ye” I bowed slight as a reply to his.

 

Eunhyuk and I walked together to the pilots’ office to punch-in and for me to meet the other staff for the first time.

 

--

 

Everybody greeted me warmly, I felt really at home in this new company. Everybody was so nice and friendly to each other. I started to like this company already. I pulled my luggage to the schedule room, as I was walking towards the room, I saw him again. The hot steward that I saw earlier, damn he’s hot. Those fine bodylines, that smile, that lips, gosh he needs to be mine. He has this charm that shining brightly that will attracts anybody to look at him. Damn he’s one fine thing *Naughty thought*

 

“Sunbae.. Sunbae.. Sunbaenim”

 

“Ahhh?? Ya.. Ya.. What is it?” I looked at Eunhyuk with my confused face.

 

“The room is this way”

 

“Ahh, yeah. Coming”

 

--

 

As I was checking the schedule and all the other paper works that needed to be check, suddenly Eunhyuk asked me something.

 

“Have you found your perfect man yet?”

 

“What?” I blurted out in informal manner.

 

“What?” (formal)

 

“You know, during our time in flying school, you told me that you were looking for that one perfect guy and you rejected me coz I’m not the type you looking for. Remember?”

 

“Yahh.. Keep it down will ya” (informal)

 

“Do you still have feelings for me? I thought you were engaged” I asked him confusedly.

 

“Of course not, Hae is my one and only now, no other can replace him now” He said confidently.

 

“Good then, I hope the both of you will be happy forever and ever. Now lets go” I closed the file and put it back in the back.

 

The both of us were walking to the boarding gate.

 

“I think you might have found that so called perfect man of yours”

 

“Huh? What are you saying here?”

 

“I saw the way you looked at one of our steward today”

 

“Huh? When did I do such thing?”

 

“Hmm, let me see.. From the moment you saw him at the main entrance of the airport? And the moment you were about to chase him and also in the office just now?”

 

My eyes widen after I heard what he said just now.

 

“How on earth did you know about that?” (cough and put on a serious face to cover my true feelings)

 

“Its ok sunbae, I know he is hot” smacked the back of my shoulder.

 

“Yah, watch it will ya. Anyway, I think it’s just your imagination only. FYI, I had never done something as low as trying to chase someone that I don’t know. No, you are wrong”

 

“Well.. His name is Jang Wooyoung, he is our top and hottest steward ever. Once you look into his eyes, you will surely hypnotize by it and you will never be able to get out of it. But I have to warn you, he is a player, so I suggest that you better not go for him, coz you might get hurt”

 

“As I said earlier, I have no intention to know this so called Wooyoung sii of yours” (serious face)

 

“Good then” Eunhyuk chirp and smile.

 

Damnnnn I need to know more about this Wooyoung guy. How could I do so without this stupid monkey knowing about it? Hmm..

 

--

 

We walked into the aircraft and were greeted by all the stewards and stewardess. There he was standing in line with the others, he definitely catch my eyes, but I can’t make it obvious as I don’t want this monkey to grinned widely throughout the flight. Geez, I just have to ignore him for this one time. I greeted everybody back and introduce myself and tried to act as professional as I can. I quickly walked away from that group to the cockpit as I cant bare to not look at his gorges face.

 

Damn.. Damn.. Damn.. Why does this stupid monkey who knew about myself have to be my co-pilot for the day. Hufftt.. I cursed alone in my mind. An hour or so after take off, we heard the cockpit door was knocked from the outside. Eunhyuk went an open the door. 

 

“Hello, my name is Jang Wooyoung I brought some food for the both of you, would you like to eat them now or later?”

 

That name, I know that name. My heart beats really fast at that time. He came into the cockpit to send food to me. OMG! OMG! I can’t control my heart. But, when I turned my head to the right, I saw Eunhyuk was smirking at me and was looking at me with those ‘I know you want it’ eyes. I bold myself to speak it in a calm manner.

 

“I’ll eat it later, just put it outside”

 

After I said those words, he quickly does as he was told. Damn it, why did I do that. Now he will think that I’m a jerk. Nice going Nichkhun, good job for blowing your only chance of talking with him. Thanks to this stupid monkey *I sighed deeply*

 

I seriously need to find a way on how can I get a whole of him. I need to get his no or at least make him to call me or something. But how can I do so? After those daunting hours of flying and deep thought. I finally decided to give him my phone no. How can I give him my phone number without this guy knowing about it?

 

--

 

Eunhyuk got off of his seat and said.

 

“Sunbae, I really need to go first, its really an emergency *pointing at his stomach* I’ll see you in the hotel later ok”

 

“Ohh, geurae. Faster go then”

 

Assa!! This is my chance. I walked out of the cockpit and pulled my bag. As I was entering the first class section, I saw all of them were gathering around one of the steward. I fake a cough.

 

“Annyeonghasimnikka kijangnim” and everybody bowed.

 

“Ahh.. Ye.. Annyeonghasimnikka.. What was this all about? It seems like all of you had a wonderful gossip session” I said to them with a smile.

 

I saw him looking at me, gosh those eyes. They really are magical, my heart beats really fast at that time, I can’t take it anymore. If I stayed for another second, I might get a heart attack from this. I need to get out of here fast, coz I don’t know whether its just me or its really hot in here.

 

“Anyway, carry on then. Sugohetsemnida. Geureom.” And I slid the piece of paper, which contains my number under the flap on his uniform’s shoulder.

 

“Gamsahamnida, annyeonghigasipsio kijangnim” all of them bit farewell to me.

 

--

I seriously can’t get over his lovely face. I hold my phone and waited for his call. Minutes felt like hours for me. I rolled on the bed and still, no call receive from him. Maybe he didn’t notice the paper yet? Or ommo, that paper fell of his uniform. With all those thoughts playing in my mind, it made me felt like I’m going crazy at that time. With more than half of my hopes are now gone after all those crazy thoughts, I pulled the blanket all over my body and was about to doze off. Suddenly my phone rang and I answered

 

“Yeoboseyo”

 

“Who is this?”

 

“Its Nichkhun here”

 

*Silence*

 

“Helloo.. Wooyoung ssi.. You there?”

 

“Ya, I’m here, I don’t know why or how I have your no. But is there something that I could help with sir?”

 

“Don’t call me sir please, we are off duty now. Anyway, I don’t know how to say this or how you will accept this. But, would you like to have a lunch with me?”

 

*Silence*

 

“I took it as a no then, sorry to bother you at this time of the day”

 

(Raised voice) “NO!! I mean YES!!” (Lowered voice) “Yes, I would love to”

 

*Slight laugh of relief* “Great.. Great.. I’ll meet you at the lobby tomorrow morning? Say, 11?”

 

“Yes, I’ll see you tomorrow then”

 

“Bye”

 

“Bye”