Kiss on The Forehead

Friend Zone

 


"Fany-ah!" A familiar voice called out. Soon, Tiffany twisted her head to check who is the owner of the voice. She saw Jessica waving her hands with Yuri. Tiffany approached the couple.

"Hey. Where's Taeng?"

"I don't know. He left earlier today so I didn't get to see him." Yuri replied as they continued walking. Yuri didn't face Tiffany as he was busy removing some dirt on his finger. "Maybe he's training." Yuri added, as he now-- bites his fingers. 

Jessica, seeing her boyfriend's act-- suddenly hits his arms to make him stop. But Yuri being a stubborn guy as he is-- didn't even move his finger away from his mouth.

"Is that so." Tiffany replied sadly as she looks down on her feet dissapointedly. They walk for 5 minutes in silence. Until Yuri cuts it.

"Hey! Taeng!" Yuri shouted, waving his hands to get the guy's attention. But in his dismay, Taeyeon didn't even looked at them, instead he continued walking farther from them.

Tiffany suddenly felt a sting in her heart. How she wished for Taeyeon to spend time with her like they used to. Thinking of spending time. Tiffany suddenly remembered what her mother told her before she left her house.

"Ahm, Yul. Can you call Taeyeon and ask him where he is."

"What? He'll nag me to death."

"Oh c'mon. You're his second bestfriend. I know you're used to Taeng's nagging side. As he was, to you."

"Aish fine. But you'll take the blame if he ever gets mad."

"Whatever. But don't tell him that I'm the one who told you to call him."

The continued bickering each other."Jessica rolled her eyes and started calling Taeyeon.

 

"Hey, Taeng where are you?"

"Not gonna tell you."

"Stop being a kid and tell me where the heck are you!" Jessica started to turn as HellSica.

"Why are you asking?"

"Just tell me!"

"Why should I tell you?" Now Sica is on HellSica mode now.

"Stop answering me with questions Kim Taeyeon!"

Once Taeyeon sensed that Jessica is now on HellSica mode, he heaved out a sigh of defeat.

"Aish. Rooftop. Don't tell anyone."

"Whatever bye."

 

As Jessica puts her phone back to her pocket, she looked back at the two. Still bickering.

"Aish! Will you two stop already. And Tiffany he's at the rooftop." Tiffany quickly turns to Jessica.

"What is he doing there?" Tiffany asked as curiosty hits her.

"Practicing his suicide." Jessica replied sarcastically.

Tiffany rolled her eyes and left the couple. Soon she started running, crossing her fingers while saying words like 'Please don't do anything stupid.'.

Finally after running for minutes which feels like forever for Tiffany. She finally reached the rooftop.

She saw Taeyeon's figure leaning on the wall with his eyes closed and hands resting in his stomach.

"TaeTae." Tiffany called out softly as she approached the 'sleeping' figure on her sight.

"If you're here to convince me on going at your house after school. I'm going. Auntie already told me about it. So you don't have to waste you're time here." This made Tiffany stop on her tracks, and a sting on her heart. It hurts her that Taeyeon is still giving her the cold shoulder. Taeyeon didn't even looked at her or even a glance. He didn't even opened his eyes or moved a bit. Except his lips who did the talking.

"Can we talk?" Her voice was full of pain. Taeyeon stands up from his position, not facing Tiffany.

"There's no need to talk about Tiffany." Now it hurts her even more hearing Taeyeon pronouncing her name correctly. She missed how Taeyeon would call her 'Tippani.'.

Tiffany was frozen. She couldn't say a word. She just kept her eyes on the ground. She doesn't know what to say.

"Don't waste you're time here. Just continue your sweet talk with Siwon." With that Taeyeon left Tiffany with no words. Tiffany noticed the hint of jealousy surrounding Taeyeon. "Wait for me after class. Don't you dare walk alone." Taeyeon added. The caring attitude kick back all of a sudden.

Tiffany turned around to face Taeyeon. "Please don't take our conversation the wrong way, Taetae." Tiffany didn't expected the response but Taeyeon gave her a small nod and a slight smile. Now her heart started beating even faster, 10x the normal rate.

--

After classes, Tiffany decided to walk around the hallway waiting for Taeyeon. Jessica and Yuri left already.

 

Tiffany was on her deep thoughts about Taeyeon and her, causing her to bump into someone and fell on the ground. Same as the person she bumped into. But the guy, stood up fast and helped Tiffany to pick up her books. 

 

 

 

"Here." The guy handed the books using his one hand without looking to Tiffany, while the other free hand was busy fixing his jacket. 

 

Tiffany could only stare at him, but the guy didn't pay attention. But then he turned around as he felt the books were still on his hand. He looked up the girl, and was shocked by her appearance.

 

"TaeTae." Tiffany reached out to his free hand but Taeyeon quickly moved it away.

 

"Yah! Could you atleast watch were you going. You could've die if I was a car!" Though it was a bit harsh Tiffany couldn't help but smile at herself weeing this side of Taeyeon.

"Sorry." Taeyeon calmed down a bit. Taeyeon started walking not noticing that TIffany's books were still on his hand.

"Are you just gonna stand there?" Tiffany snapped back to reality and started walking beside with a huge gap.

"You still have practice today." Tiffany said with a worry tone. She's worried since the soccer game will start in the next 2 weeks.

"Don't worry about it. Let's just go." Taeyeon continued walking, reassuring Tiffany that it's fine.

There was no conversation between them, instead silence dominated their world. Meanwhile, Taeyeon can't help himself but steal glances from the latter.

After 15 minutes the two arrived at Tiffany's house.

Once they entered the house, Tiffany started removing her shoes as well as Taeyeon.

"Miyoung is that you?" Her mom shouted from the kitchen. Tiffany frowned by the sudden call of her mother using her korean name. Which makes Taeyeon giggle a little bit.

"Nae~ Umma." Then her mom appeared.

"Omo~ Taenggo!" Tiffany's mom suddenly rushed over to Taeyeon and pinched his cheeks like a little boy. "I missed you."

Taeyeon could only smile at the sudden contact. Tiffany walked straight to the stair but before she could take one step Taeyeon called.

"Panii-ah! Your books." Though Tiffany knows that it was all an act she can't help but smile. She grabbed the book and ran upstairs.

 

Taeyeon headed to the kitchen to see if Tiffany's mom needs a hand.

"Oh Taenggo can you help me with this vegetables."

Taeyeon walk closer and grabbed the vegetables.

"I'll just slice this right." Taeyeon asked as he grabbed the chopping board a a knife.

"Nae~"

While they were busy cooking, Tiffany was watching Taeyeon slicing the vegetables like a pro.

"Don't just stand there dear." Her mom suddenly voiced out, making Tiffany startled for a little bit.

"Here you go Auntie." Taeyeon handed the bowl of vegetables he sliced with a smile on his face.

"Gomawo Taenggo." Mrs. Hwang patted Taeyeon's head as she continued mixing the food. "Now you two just stay at living room. I'll call once I'm done." Mrs. Hwang added.

Taeyeon awkwardly followed Tiffany. Tiffany sat on the couch as well as Taeyeon with a gap again.

Then, memories of them started flashing on Tiffany's mind. Everytime they would tickle each other until oxygen was needed. Tiffany smiled at the thought.

Awkward and silence filled the room. One was staring at the screen while the other keeps on remeniscing memories. Taeyeon would steal glances at Tiffany. He wants to hug her tight until she can't breathe anymore. He missed seeing her eye-smile. He missed how cheerful Tiffany was or how Tiffany cheers him up in every game. Or even how Tiffany would throw curse word at the referee everytime he makes a wrong call on Taeyeon. He missed everything.

The two snapped back to reality once they heard Ms. Hwang calling out for them. They both stood up and headed to the dining area. They found Mrs. Hwang fixing the table.

"There should be four plates. Why is there only three?" Tiffany asked while pulling out the chair.

"You're dad is on a meeting and he's not coming home." Tiffany rolled her eyes as she pick a piece of beef.

"Taenggo. Don't just stand there. Sit here across Tiffany." Taeyeon suddenly felt shy. He rubbed the back of his head, feeling shy of course. Mrs. Hwang chuckledat Taeyeon. "Since when did you feel shy around me Taenggo?" Mrs. Hwang said sarcastically as she sat on the seat placed on the center of the table.

They started putting foods on their bowls. Then Mrs. Hwang started talking.

"So Taeyeon-ah. How are you? You haven't visited me for 2 days. Tiffany said you're busy. Is that true?"

Taeyeon put his eyes on Tiffany, who is eating with her head low.

"Ah-yeah. I was preparing myself for my soccer game."

"Really? When is your game?"

"Next next week."

"Wow. Are you gonna watch him Tiffany?" Tiffany almost choke with her mom's question. Taeyeon noticed this so instead waiting for Tiffany's answer he answered it by himself.

"Of course she will. She hates missing any of my game. Right Panii-ah." Taeyeon threw a grin on Tiffany.

"A-a-ah y-yeah."

"That's great. I just hope that  they won't let Siwon play."

Mrs. Hwang hates Siwon since the day he heard about what he is like and of course since the day he broke Tiffany's heart. To be true, Mrs. Hwang always liked Taeyeon for Tiffany.

"He's our striker Auntie. Of course he needs to play. He have to score."

Mrs. Hwang scoffed. "I bet you can do better than him."

"I wished for that Auntie." He whispered to himself enough for himself to hear it. Unfortunately, Tiffany heard it. 

'You're better than him Taeng.' Tiffany thought as she puts spoonful of rice on .

 

The dinner went well. Now it's time for Taeyeon to go home.

"Bye Auntie." Taeyeon waved his hand cutely making Mrs. Hwang giggle.

"Okay. Be safe." Tiffany escorted Taeyeon out.

 

"A-ah B-bye." Tiffany sttutered as she opens the gate.

"Y-yeah." Taeyeon replied as he stepped out of the gate.

Tiffany watched Taeyeon step by step.

Tiffany unconsciously shouted. "TaeTae!"

Taeyeon stopped and turned around to face Tiffany.

Tiffany's feet started moving by itself dragging her to Taeyeon. She hugged Taeyeon with impact, making Taeyeon stumble. Taeyeon didn't hesitate to hug the girl back, as he caress Tiffany's back. 

Tiffany buried her face on Taeyeon's crook, taking in his scent that she missed so much. She hug the guy tightly. She missed his warmth, she missed being on his arms.

The hug last for 3 minutes before Tiffany decides to break it. She let out a small giggle from embarassment. Taeyeon joined as well.

Then Taeyeon stopped giggling and stared lovingly at Tiffany's perfect eye-smile. 

"Go home now. It's getting cold here." Taeyeon patted Tiffany's head.

Tiffany smiled slyly. Taeyeon found it so cute that he pulled Tiffany closer and kissed her on the forehead. The two felt shy by the sudden contact.

"S-sorry. I'll be going now." Taeyeon turned around and started walking.

"Be safe." Tiffany mumbled as she put her fingers on where Taeyeon kissed her.

 


Another Chapter. Enjoy enjoy :)))

 

Subscribe. Comments are highly appreciated. Share+ if you want. Gomawo :))

iloveyou guys :))