3. To Leave or to Stay

Living Ghost Town

 

  To Leave or to Stay


January 05, 2015

 

"What the fck is going on?" The Chinese man panted handsomely. He was out of bullets, and there were still about ten of those mad men wandering around below them.

 

On top of one of the cargo trucks with Kris were Suho, Boss Park and two other men. They had stacked a couple of crates to climb onto the truck while everyone else took on the mad men head on only to be eaten or turned mad themselves.

 

Suho thought of something as the merciless cannibals wandered around the warehouse in search of them. "This is like one of those zombie apocalyse crap I watched movies about."

 

"L-Looks like it, sir." One of the two lackies spoke up, wiping a drizzle of sweat off his face. The two lackies were in awe. Kris and Suho managed to fend for themselves while helping Boss Park out without even breaking a sweat. They did not even seem surprised at the strangeness of the situation at all.

 

"Oh no," Boss Park shook his head in disbelief. He'd been like that since Kris had headshot the orphan boy. "My daughter is visiting me today. If she comes here in the middle of this chaos..." He trailed off, unable to finish.

 

Suho cocked his head to one side, trying to remember what Boss Park's daughter looked like. "Ah, the hot babe. Ha...Haemin...? Haebin?" Suho searched in his mind and shrugged when he couldn't remember the name correctly. Even in this absurd situation, Suho seemed unfazed and carefree.

 

Kris, on the other hand, was a little on the irritated side. He cursed as one of the so-called zombies bumped into the stack of crates, shaking the flimsy wooden boxes. "We have ourselves to worry about right now." Kris warned Boss Park, earning a glare from the usually calm Suho. Suho was clearly still upset about Kris attacking his favorite underling. "We can't stay here. There's nothing to eat or drink." Kris explained, ignoring Suho.

 

"We have drugs." Suho commented, earning a hard kick to his knee from Kris. "Ow."

 

Attracted by the sound, the zombies were now slowly gathering around the truck and crates. By the look of things, these walking dead could not see them.

 

"I got an idea. Let's head to the South." Suho gathered everybody. "The backdoor is where these things came from, so that's not an option. We have to exit out the front." Glancing at Boss Park and his cute round stomach, the pale man hesitated. "Will you be able to run far?"

 

Boss Park shook his head in denial. "But my daughter will be coming here, to the North" 

 

"We can't stay here." Suho replied, pointing at the back door where more zombies were entering through. "Those things will fill this place soon, and we won't be able to leave."

 

Kris grimaced at the continuous flow of zombies entering through the back. "What's behind that back door? A factory for zombies?"

 

Boss Park and Suho was about to ignore Kris's stupid comment and debate whether to go or stay when suddenly--

 

"Nooo--"

 

One of the two lackies flipped backwards and fell off the truck. The other four men on the vehicle looked down to check up on the man. They wanted to urge him to get up and climb back on, but it was too late. The lackie groaned loudly in pain and seemed unable to lift his head.

 

Hearing his shout and groan, the hoard of mad men approached the disabled man and--

 

"We are getting out of here." Suho decided.

 


 

"What's going on? What. What? I just asked you what's going on. Are you not going to answer me?" A dainty girl of average height was scolding one of the two men guarding her from the front. The black blazer hanging from her shoulders made it obvious that the girl was not from Regnad. "Was that a gun shot? Are you guys going to shoot someone?"

 

Although she was talkative, the girl was usually a lot less chattery. Right now, her mind was in lockdown after witnessing a bloody man feasting on something that looked  a lot awfully like his mother.

 

One of the two men who claimed the role of her bodyguards pushed her further back behind them. "Miss Haerin, please cover your ears."

 

"Oh please, just because I cover my ears doesn't mean I won't hear the--"

 

Bang.

 

The girl squatted on the ground and shrieked with her hands over her ears.

 

Another bang.

 

She loathed that sound. Her father had directly instructed the men to not use their guns unless it was absolutely necessary. Seeing how the men did not even hesitate to fire, Haerin knew that something was wrong.

 


 

Story moving over to our next character! I should get this going.