2. Suho and His Betting Victims

Living Ghost Town

 

  Suho and His Betting Victims


January 05, 2015

 

"I bet you three hundred fifty manwon* that your belly button is blue."

 

Here it was: the bet of the week in the biggest and most infamous K&S Warehouse in the North.

 

"What are you up to, Suho?" A tall handsome Chinese transporter was this week's victim. He was dropping by K&S Warehouse in Regnad to pick up some weapons and deliver it to some mafia group in Busan. Several of Suho and Kris's lackies gathered to watch the bet.

 

The shorter pale man grinned, sitting on the hood of a truck and flipping a black and white pen in his right hand. This man named Suho was a well-off drug dealer who was more known for his clever bets than his business skills. There were rumors that he made more money off bets than in selling drugs. "Nothing, Kris. I'm just saying let's have a bet. I bet you three hundred fifty manwon that your belly button is blue."

 

Suho and the Chinese man were long time acquaintances, so the Chinese man, Kris, knew about how Suho had never made losing bets. Kris thought hard about how that could be possible for his belly button could be blue and looked down into his shirt to make sure it wasn't blue. "Alright." He answered.

 

Widening his devilish grin, Suho clapped his hands loudly as if he had already won the bet. He pulled out his cell phone, dialed a number and talked into the device. "Come on over, Boss Park."

 

Within few minutes, a slightly round man in his mid fifties appeared at the entrance of the warehouse. "What is it, Suho?" He questioned, making his way to the two men and a crowd of onlookers who wanted to see the outcome of the bet... or the god-like Kris's belly button.

 

As soon as 'Boss Park' approached the group, Suho told Kris to show him his belly button. Both Kris and Boss Park seemed startled by Suho's boldness as he leaned back lazily on the hood of the truck.

 

Kris released a series of embarassed grunts before slowly raising his shirt up to show his belly button and his abs of glory. There were a large wave of "ooh"s and "woo"s from the audience around then before Kris quickly pulled his shirt back down, blushing cutely. "There."

 

Unsatisfied, Suho crinkled his nose. "Kris, are you sure that belly button's not fake?"

 

After a scoff, Kris glared at the shorter boy on the truck. Boss Park fidgetted to himself, and there was an awkward tension in the air that nobody in the warehouse could ignore.

 

"Why don't you ask Boss Park to poke your belly button to prove to us it's real?"

 

Under normal circumstance, Suho would have received a punch to his face, but three hundred fifty manwon was a lot of money for just letting someone touch his belly button and Kris was a little short on cash this month. Suho knew that and was using it to his advantage.

 

Still grinning and twirling his pen, the pale boy nodded at the round older man. "Come on, Boss Park. Let's get this over with. I'm sure Kris will let you touch his belly button."

 

Hesitantly, the boss took his shaking hand and looked up at the tall Chinese man who lifted his shirt up reluctantly to allow access to his belly button.

 

Once the older man's finger poked Kri's belly button, Suho threw his pen into the air in victory, and Boss Park fell on his knees and shook his head in dispair.

 

"Boss Park, you lost the bet." Suho laughed, the back of his head rubbing the front window of the truck.

 

Kris gave Suho a confused look.

 

After a moment, the shorter boy calmed himself down and explained. "I made a bet with Boss Park that you would let him touch his belly button for one thousand three hundred manwon*."

 

It was true. Suho never made losing bets. Although he would have to give Kris three hundred fifty manwon because his belly button was not blue, he won one thousand three hundred manwon from the bet with Boss Park. That's nearly one thousand manwon.

 

In reality, the victim of this week's bet was Boss Park.

 

Boss Park grumbled under his breath. "I'll have someone send you the money."

 

Nodding approvingly, Suho gave a thumbs up to Kris. "Sorry about that. I'll give you your money after I get Boss Park's." He somewhat apologized to Kris for somewhat embarassing him.

 

Kris was holding back the urge to beat the spitefully smiling man in front of him with the window wiper of the truck when a sound of gunshot rung loudly from within the warehouse.

 

Immediately, the two men searched for the source of the sound. "Who just made that shot?" Kris gritted through his teeth, his anger of Suho still not gone.

 

"Stop it!" A shout came from the back exit of the K&S Warehouse, followed by another blast of gunshot. "Get away from him!"

 

The smile on Suho's face had long evaporated. Alert but still confused, he got up on the roof of the truck to get a better view of the back exit which was hidden behind a large cargo 18-wheeler. "Kris, your fking car's in the way."

 

After Suho's complaint came dead silence.

 

There were no more panicked shouts or echoes of bullets leaving their shells.

 

Then, there was a large bang from the other side of the large rectangular metal cargo. The two men, Boss Park and their henchmen who had gathered as bet witnesses pulled out whatever weapon they had kept hidden on their body.

 

Another loud bang and a peculiar slurping noise before a figured showed itself. A boy with a missing hand.

 

Suho recognized his favorite underling limping with a bloody leg around the large cargo towards the group. Shocked, Suho ran over to the boy.

 

It was true that there were a lot of shooting and gang wars in the North, but no one dared to hurt anybody who was part of the five alliances in the K&S Warehouse. Three of the five in the alliance were Boss Park's drug organization, Kris's transporting group and Suho's under dealers.

 

"What's going on?" Suho helped support the injured boy who did not seem to notice Suho at all. "You alright?" Still worried, he continued questioning the boy, not realizing that the bloody boy was violently tightening his grip around Suho's shoulder and waist.

 

Honestly, Suho was slightly freaked because the vein in the boy's eyes could be seen too clearly and the wound in his leg did not look like a bullet damage. However, this boy was the weak hearted orphan  friend who had saved his life and sacrificed his left hand for Suho several years ago, so Suho did not dare reel back in disgust.

 

Suddenly, the boy twitched violently once, twice, before making a strange gurgling noise and baring his teeth like he an animal. It was at that moment, Suho realized something was off and tried to pull away, but the boy's grip on his side and shoulder was too strong.

 

Bang.

 

A giant spray blood painted the milky pale skin on Suho's face, and the boy's hold on him loosened as his body drooped down to the ground. His head shot and blown away into bits.

 

"Kris, you asshol." The usually calm Suho exploded in anger at the shooter.

 

"He was trying to kill you."

 

"No, fck you. I'm going to fcking--"

 

Time did not give the two men another second to argue as a man directly behind Kris screamed in agony and fell to the ground with another man attached to his back. He was biting into the neck of the shouting man.

 


 

I have a slight tendency to torture my readers lol. I enjoyed reading all the comments about wanting to know who the characters were! I got the idea for the intro from some story I read a long time ago. Hope it wasn't too strange.

 

*three hundred fifty manwon - roughly 3,100 dollars.
*one thousand three hundred manwon - roughly 12,000 dollars.