6. Gathering Puzzle Pieces

Living Ghost Town

 

  Gathering Puzzle Pieces


January 05, 2015

 

Just as the small girl, who was supposedly dead, took another step towards Sy Qian, a tall man with neatly combed brown hair calmly leaped in between the dead girl and the medic.

 

With the blanket that was on the floor, he swiftly wrapped the dead girl with it and tied a large tight knot to keep the bundle together. The dead girl within the blanket struggled and wiggled around within the bundle of blanket.

 

"I guess you're not as cold hearted as I thought you were, Chanyeol." Baekhyun applauded as he entered the building with Haerin limping behind him. "Or have you gotten soft?"

 

Sy Qian watched the trio with suspicion.

 

At Baekhyun's words, Chanyeol kicked the lump of blanket where the little girl was, causing Sy Qian to yelp in surprise.

 

"What the hell, Chanyeol!" Haerin shouted, tightly clinging onto the back of Baekhyun's shirt.

 

"It's not like she's really human anymore." He replied, poking the moving bundle with the tip of his foot. Baekhyun nodded in agreement.

 

With her eyes closed, Sy Qian lightly traced the shape of her nose to calm herself down. When she opened them, Chanyeol's face was uncomfortably too close to her own. She punched his shoulder in surprise.

 

"Ow..." Grumbling and rubbing where he was hit, Chanyeol frowned and headed towards Baekhyun and Haerin. "She hit me. Let's just leave her."

 

Haerin responded with a scowl. Then, she cautiously walked over to the other girl who was slowly adjusting the straps of her the backpack on her back. "Are... you okay...?" She asked, trying to sound as friendly as possible.

 

The three honestly did not look like dangerous people... Well, except maybe the tall one named Chanyeol, but Sy Qian couldn't let her guard down. She gave a short answer. "Yea."

 

Not effected by the distant tone in the other girl's reply, Haerin pointed at the boys. "You guys protect her too." Chanyeol sighed in annoyance, and Baekhyun nodded welcomingly.

 

Sy Qian was confused. 'Protect me? From what? Were there more of those things out there?' Curious, she scratched the back of her head and asked Haerin what she meant.

 

Of course, being the talkative girl that she was, Haerin explained the situation to the medic girl. "There are a bunch of weird zombie creatures all around town. They're attacking people all over town. It's like a ghost town here."

 

'So that's why there weren't anybody around on her way home.' With a nod, Sy Qian quickly understood the situation. "Where... are you guys going?" Whether these people were trustworthy people or not, it was too dangerous for her to wander around alone. She decided to follow along.

 


 

"My daughter... I'm supposed to meet her at the warehouse. What will she think if she finds that I'm not there and gets attacked by those things instead?" The chubby Boss Park panicked as he trailed behind Suho and Kris.

 

Somehow the three managed to get out of the warehouse, although they did lose the one underling who was with them along the way.

 

"I'm sure she's fine. You hired bodyguards for her, right?" Turning around, Suho softly comforted the man.

 

Stopping in his track, Kris watched the sky darken as night approached and dark clouds gathered above them. "It's going to rain." He predicted.

 

With one of his arms perched on Boss Park's shoulders, Suho let out a little 'hmm' and walked past the Chinese Canadian who was still staring at the clouds. "We're going to leave you behind, Kris." He taunted.

 

For a while now, the three had not met any of those zombie like creatures. In actuality, they had not even seen a single human either.

 

Boss Park shook his head. "No, I'm going to go back." Worried about his daughter, the round man refused to take another step.

 

Suho huffed out a breath of frustration and looked back at Kris who was still staring at the sky with a manly pout. Then, Suho looked around for a tall building. 'Since Boss Park is freaking out about his daughter, and Kris is... I don't know what he's doing, but it's getting dark too, so I guess we should look for a place to stay for the night.' However, he really doubted that there would be anyone willing to let them in especially with everything that was going on.

 

A couple of blocks down, Suho remembered that there was a tall building still under construction. It should be empty and somewhat safe. Also, it was tall enough to survey the area and maybe find the girl that Boss Park was so frantic about.

 

"Kris, let's go." He called out the tall man who snapped out of his staring contest with the sky and followed after Suho and the reluctant Boss Park. They headed towards the construction site.

 

In the distance, Haerin, Qian, Chanyeol and Baekhyun were approaching the warehouse which was pretty much infested with those zombies. Even futher off in the distance, a girl with long blonde hair and a tall boy with dark eyecircles had paired up and were heading in the direction of the construction site.

 


 

Yay, back to Suho and Kris. Sorry about late and short update. I was busy with some things D:

I'll post a nice juicy and meaty one next time :]