4. A Bunch of Bodyguards From Everywhere

Living Ghost Town

 

  A Bunch of BodyGuards From Everywhere


January 05, 2015

 

Haerin wasn't sure whether to be happy or frightened. Her two bodyguards were out of bullets, so she did not have to hear the damn gunfire, but that left them without much protection, especially since these cannibals started gathering where they were, probably due to the gunfire.

 

The shorter one of her bodyguards grabbed her arm and pulled her away from a child she did not notice was in front of her. The other bodyguard was in the midst of searching a small abandoned vehicle for a pair of keys. The owner of the car did not do a very good job of hiding it because he managed to find it under the seats.He plugged it into the keyhole of the car to start up the engine before staring at the scene in front of him. "This place is a mess." He whispered to himself.

 

A small crowd of zombies were blocking Haerin and the shorter bodyguard's path to the car. If they could make it to the car and the other bodyguard waiting for them, they had a chance of surviving and a way to drive straight to her father's warehouse where there was probably protection... unless her father had met the same fate as them.

 

The shorter bodyguard pulled Haerin behind him as he waved at his partner in the car. "Drive through these things." He pointed at the zombies that were limping towards him and Haerin.

 

Haerin had shakily grabbed a loose block of cement off the ground to protect herself. One of her manicure broke off when she swung the cement block up in the air to threaten a zombie that was veering too close. "You guys, hurry!" She shouted, unable to reel in the courage to bash the zombie in the head.

 

The bodyguard in the car looked at the two stranded in the middle of the road with those carnivorous beings. Sure he had been trained to and had experienced a lot of bloody murderous scenes, but this was just beyond the ratings of what he could stand.

 

With one hand on the wheel and the other in his mouth, jitterly tearing bits of his nail with his teeth, he just stared at the shorter body guard swinging a fist at the zombie that threatened Haerin. Then, when a lone zombie slammed its head against the driver side window he was next to, he panicked and unintentionally stepped on the aceleration pedal.

 

The vehicle flung forward, and without even realizing he was leaving behind his partner and the girl he was supposed to guard, he continued nonstop in the direction of the East Gate for the exit.

 

Not fully understanding what had just happened, Haerin dropped the cement block in shock. "Did he just... drive off without us?"

 

The short bodyguard still with her let out a bitter sigh before wrapping his arms around the girl and pushing her away. "I'll drive these things away, miss." He reached for the two used guns on the ground and smacked them together. "They seem to be attracted to sound, so while I lead them in another direction, run towards the warehouse. It shouldn't be too far."

 

Haerin froze with hung open. "Are you serious?" In actuality, she was doubting if this other bodyguard would run off as well. Honestly, she and her bodyguards did not have some kind of tight  tearjerking relationship. It had an absolute money-for-work, business bond. There was no reason for this man to throw his life away for her own.

 

Before Haerin could answer or make a move, the bodyguard started banging his handguns loudly together and running in the direction opposite of the warehouse. "Woooo!!" He let out a roar just in case the guns were not loud enough. "Woooooo!!!"

 

It worked. The seemingly-blind zombies changed directions and twitched towards the short bodyguard who was now disappearing around the corner of a building. "Wooooo!! Wooooo!! Wooo!! Woo..."

 

Haerin stood quietly, trying not to make any noise that would attract trouble, until the last of the damned creatures slipped out from her view after the man.

 

Now that the man and the zombies were gone, Haerin found herself engulfed in silence and alone. Luckily, she knew the way to the warehouse, but the silent loneliness that followed after a distastefully loud and disturbing event left her befuzzled.

 

Only turning her head left and right to scan her surroundings, the girl thought about what happened. After a couple of minutes, she sighed in relief and released her tense muscles. Her sweaty palms had several small scatters of crescent nail markings as she had herself digging her nails into her palm during the whole zombie mess.

 

Well, now that was over with. What now?

 

The sound of something throwing up caught her attention as Haerin turned around to find its source. 'Oh no...' One of those zombies had strayed behind and was wandering around just merely two yards behind her. 'It's okay... They react to sound, right? If I just don't make a sound it should be fi--'

 

Just as she was about to finish her thought, the zombie suddenly cracked his head around in the direction of Haerin. She held her breath as the zombie curled up its upper lip, revealing its pearly whites dyed with blood. It couldn't have possibly seen her, right? They're blind.

 

In a flash, the creature broke down on all four limbs and started charging in her direction like an animal. So this is what it feels like to be so scared to the point you can't scream, is what Haerin thought as she watched the thing swiftly crawling towards her.

 

Just as the zombie was about to snap its jaws into her flesh, someone's long leg forcefully kicked the creature in the face, flinging it in the opposite direction into a pink brick building.

 

Haerin, with wide eyes, noticed that there were two men standing by her side--a petite one who was just several inches taller than her and a tall one who seemed to be the one who kicked the charging beast.

 

 

With his leg he just used still dangling in the air, the tall one with dark brown locks sniffed the small amount of blood on his leg before setting it down with a groan. "Ah..."

 

The smaller one watched his friend sniff his leg. "What the heck...? Did you just sniff yourself, Chanyeol?" Scrunching his face as if he's seen the most disgusting thing ever, the boy looked away from his tall friend and surveyed the strange bloody creature that was starting to get back on its legs and arms.

 

"W-What?" Haerin stuttered and let out the breath she was holding.

 

"Mind your own business, Baekhyun." The tall boy named Chanyeol frowned at his friend, ignoring the girl for a moment. "It's been a while since I had some action..." He mumbled off to himself.

 

Haerin was still confused. Who were these men? Why did they help her? Where the hell did they pop up from?

 

"Oh, I'm a bodyguard your father hired just this morning." Chanyeol promptly began explaining as if he could read the girl's mind. "I was supposed to meet you at the gate with two other bodyguards, but I overslept." Nodding to himself, he pointed at Baekhyun who seemed fascinated by the creature  that was cautiously observing the three of them from afar. "This thing is a free special offer that comes with my bodyguard package from time to time." He mentions sarcastically.

 

"Hey!" Baekhyun shouted at Chanyeol. "I have a name." He turned towards Haerin. "It's Byun Baekhyun. Nice to meet you."

 

Haerin was still busy gawking at the two men who seemed completely calm with the whole occurrence. In fact, they were poking fun at the zombie that Chanyeol had just kicked.

 

"Hey look. I think I broke its nose. Hehe." Chanyeol chuckled. "How ugly."

 

Baekhyun rubbed his chin. "Kind of looks like you."

 

Chanyeol waved his bloody leg up into Baekhyun's face in which he was rewarded with a tiny disgusted yelp from Baekhyun.

 

Something about them made the whole zombie attack seem less tense and more relaxing for Haerin. Shaking her head, she smacked her head. But would she be okay with these so-called bodyguards?

 


 

Hoot~ It's Chanyeol and Baekhyun! Another girl introduction in the next chapter.

Sorry! I've been a bit busy lately, but not anymore! Haha! >:]