Chapter Six

Exo Academy: Secret Institute For The Skilled And Powerful

Chapter Six

Kingkas & Queenkas


 

After four classes of hell, it was already your favorite subject in the whole wide world, lunch. But you weren't sure if you'd actually enjoy it. You didn't really make any friends yet so you had no choice but to eat alone today. It was perfectly fine for you as long as you blended in with the walls. In your old school, you were always with Heejung but since you haven't seen her yet, you were on your own this time.

The bell has just rung and it was still early so you decided to look around and see if you could encounter Heejung on the way to the cafeteria, wherever it was.
 
You made your way across the crowded hallway. You found a class that just came out of their classroom. 
 
After a few people passed by, you saw her coming out. You didn't have to look twice to be sure. You could always recognize her bob cut anywhere.
 
"Heejung!" you shouted. She looked startled to see you. Instead of greeting you in recognition, she turned her back and started walking away quickly.
 
"Heejung wait! It's me! Jooyoung! Your best friend!" you shouted again as you tried to chase her but she didn't bother to look back. She kept on walking as if she didn't hear anything.
 
You tried to catch up but you lost her in time. Once she turned to a corner, she disappeared. You were left standing in an empty hallway.
 
 "Jooyoung!" Someone called your name. You turned around to see the guy who helped you the other day. You tried to remember the fire guy's name. Was it Chanli? Chenyeol? Oh, Chanyeol.
 
"Hey, why did you run away so fast?" he asked while he was panting & catching his breath. "I was about to approach you but you suddenly ran away. What's the matter?" he added.
 
"It was nothing." you answered, "What are you doing here?" you wondered. It was 20 minutes into lunch time and everyone was already at the cafeteria probably munching on their food.
 
"I just wanted to ask you if you had anyone to eat lunch with because you're new here and all. I wanted to join you." he said as he scratched the back of his head awkwardly. 
 
"Umm well, I don't have anyone." you answered. "How about you? You look like a guy with many friends. Why do you wanna eat with me?" You didn't want to be a burden to him. You felt like he was only being nice.
 
"Well, I thought that you wouldn't have anyone to go with and I don't really have that much friends." He said.
 
"Oh, if that's the case, then let's go." You smiled at him and let him lead the way once again.
 
 
 
Both of you entered the cafeteria. It was full of students chattering everywhere. You started to look around for a seat and stopped when you saw a huge vacant one in the middle of the room.
 
"Let's sit here." You were about to sit down when Chanyeol stopped you. 
 
"You can't sit there!" He pulled you away from the table. "What's wrong with sitting here?" You wondered. No one was occupying the table so you couldn't see what was wrong with it.
 
"That's where the kingkas sit." He explained.
 
"So that's the only reason why? So what if they're kingkas? Do they have their names written on it?" You raised a brow.
 
"Just go find another table." He started to head further to look for one.
 
"Fine I'll find another one. Jeez." You scratched your head and looked for another vacant table. Finally after searching, you both settled somewhere around the far right of the room.
 
"I'll go get you some food. What do you want?" He asked you.
 
"Umm, anything will do." you answered. You didn't know what kind of food they served there. But you hoped it was not something out of the norm.
 
"I'll be back." he left you alone for a while. You just fiddled with your fingers as you waited.
 
After a few minutes, Chanyeol came back and slammed the tray in front of you.
 
"Did you do something bad yesterday?" He asked you. You were startled with the sudden question. "What do you mean?" You tried to remember what you did that day.
 
"People in line kept talking about some new girl named Park Jooyoung hurting one of the kingkas yesterday. What was that all about?"
 
"Well, he deserved it. He was being a ." You crossed your legs and started munching on your sandwich. 
 
"Maybe he did but you gotta have an idea on how much that could've hurt." He shuddered at the thought.
 
"Well, what's done is done. It's not my problem anymore." You said and continued eating.
 
"But what if he never forgets what you did! He's a kingka! You humiliated him! He'll take revenge!" He said while flailing his arms up in the air like it was a big deal. You laughed at his silliness.
 
"Then let him be. What's the worst he could possibly do?" You rolled your eyes. You noticed that the girls in the cafeteria started screaming.
 
"What's that all about?" you asked him.
 
"It looks like they're here." he told you. "Who's here?" you asked.
 
"Kingkas." He pointed to the door that just opened. 11 guys started walking in.
 
You didn't really care about kingkas and queenkas. Even in your old school. To you, they were just a bunch of attention seekers, who used their popularity to get by.
 
"The kingkas actually have the strongest powers. See that guy who came in first? His name is Suho. He's one of the leaders. He can control water. The short guy with big eyes over there is D.O and I swear, you don't want to be in a wrestling match with him. The next one with the thick eyeliner is Baekhyun. He can make very strong light. It can blind you even. And that one's Sehun. He can make a tornado so strong that it could take down the whole school." He pointed at the different members, telling you stuff about them.
 
"And why are you explaining this to me?" you asked.
 
"Just listen." He said and continued.
 
A guy suddenly popped up at the kingkas' table. "That's Kai. He can teleport from place to place. And the tall one that looks like an angry bird is Kris. He's also the leader. And the guy with panda eyes is Tao. He can control time and he's very good in martial arts. But he's totally harmless. The short baozi is Xiumin. He can freeze anything. But his personality isn't as cold as that. Next is Chen. He can shoot lightning. The guy over there named Lay is called a unicorn because he has healing abilities. His power really comes in handy. That's why he's always in the school clinic." He went on.
 
"Why do you know so much about them? Are you part of their fan club or something?" you snorted, thinking he was one of those people who were really into the lives of other people.
 
"No and I'm not done yet." He was explaining very seriously. You chuckled at him.
 
"And the last one is Luhan. His power is--" You stopped him there. "Let’s continue eating our lunch, shall we?" You said. You didn't want to hear anything about the jerk so you tried to concentrate on your food. Chanyeol just laughed and shook his head at you.
 
 
 
You and Chanyeol continued eating and chatting about random things. Later on, as you were eating a banana, you noticed that the kingkas were done getting their food and it looks like they were going to pass by your table with Luhan taking the lead. You decided to pull a little prank so he could pay for what he did to you in class.
 
You put your banana peel on the floor and waited for it.
 
As Luhan passed by, he stepped on the banana peel and slipped, causing all the food on his tray to fly and land on his uniform. Everyone started laughing while some of the girls were horrified at the fact that their "oh so dreamy" kingka got humiliated.
 
You secretly giggled while drinking your glass of lemonade. Luhan saw you and suddenly let out a growl.
 
While you were drinking, your glass suddenly went out of your grasp and rose up by itself. It poured lemonade all over your uniform and landed on top of your head. You got so frustrated that you slammed the glass on the table and stood up.
 
"Jerk!" you yelled at him. 
 
"What? I didn't do anything." He smirked while the other members helped him get the food off his shirt.
 
The laughter in the cafeteria faded out and the group of guys went back to their table. Luhan turned back to you and stuck his tongue out. He made the shape of an 'L' on his forehead (which you thought was very childish and lame) and joined the other members who were already seated on the table. 
 
You sat down and tried to clean up the mess.
 
"You got it real bad with the kingka huh?" Chanyeol snorted, "Here." He handed you some tissues.
 
"Tch. Who cares? I can handle whatever he does to me." You rolled your eyes as you tried to dry your shirt.
 
"You have to be careful when he's around." He said. 
 
"No, he should be careful. I'll get back on him. It's my turn again." You said with an evil grin on your face.
 
"Well, good luck with that." He chuckled.
 
 
 
You kept on eating the remaining food on your plate when you turned to the kingkas' table to see your roommate, Yerin, sitting next to the jerk.
 
"Hey, why is my roommate throwing herself all over the jerk? It's disgusting." You rolled your eyes.
 
"Kim Yerin's your roommate?" He looked up at you.
 
"Don't even ask." you raised your hand in front of him.
 
"She's a queenka, obviously. And she's obsessed with him." You made an O shape with you mouth. Of course she was a queenka, guessing from her attitude and the way she dresses. You rolled your eyes.
 
You looked at her again and saw her little posse sitting on the table next to them. You examined the faces of the people there and your heart suddenly felt heavy. What caught your eye was Heejung, laughing with the other girls.
 
"Do you know that girl? The one with the short hair?" you asked Chanyeol.
 
"Yeah that's Heejung. She just transferred two days before you did. It looks like they let her join their group. They don't usually invite people in their table." He told you while he was chewing his food.
 
You frowned. Was that why she wouldn't notice me? She was in the queenka group now and it looked like she was really happy choosing to ignore you earlier.
 
How could she forget about me? You just slouched on your chair, feeling uneasy.
 
Did you shed your tears because you were going to miss me or were you actually happy to finally get away from me?