15.

You Were Mine

I woke up the next day early. I took a quick shower and ate something. I dressed in a white Sleeping With Sirens tee, black skinny jeans, and a demin jacket along with white converse. I brushed my hair. I stretched a bit. Before it turned 6:00, I started heading out. Gi Kwang was there waiting for me.
 

"Good morning, Rinnie," he smiled.


"Morning, Kwang," I smiled back.


"Ready?" he opened the his car door for me.


"Yes," I nodded.


"Good," he said,"you'll do great."


"I hope so," I said.


We started our way to Cube. Gi Kwang turned the radio on and began singing to he music. Kwang has such a nice voice. When I first met him, I hated his voice and thought it was annoying. It actually wasn't.  He's a very talented singer. We then got to the company, Gi Kwang opened the door for me and I got out. I was really excited for this.

 

"Let's go," he said.


"Yeah," we started walking.


When I saw Gi Kwang greeting everyone, I did the same. I bowed and greeted everyone. I wanted to be known as a polite person. Many people greeted me back too which made me happy. We enter the company building.


"Now just follow me, okay?" he said.


"Okay," I nodded. 


I followed Gi Kwang to a room. We stopped outside. Well more like an office room and there was a secretary outside.


"I came to see the CEO about the pianist job," Gi Kwang said.


"I see. Just knock and go on in," she said.


"Okay. Thank you," he nodded.


I watched him knock. It was silent, but then we heard something. A voice.

 

"Who is it?" it asked.

 

"Sir, its me, Gi Kwang," Gi Kwang said.

 

"Come in," the voice said. 


"Come in with me," Gi Kwang said.


Gi Kwang opened the door. I followed him and I closed the door behind us. There was a man sitting in a comfortable chair, but then I also saw another person with him, a girl, and Junhyung. I stood quietly. I then saw Gi Kwang bowed and I bowed too. 


"Good morning," I bowed again. 


"Gi Kwang, who is this?" the man asked.


"CEO, sir, you've said you needed a professional pianist before and I brought one," Gi Kwang said.


"Oh. I see," the CEO said,"what's your name, dear?"


"My name is Yang Rin, sir, its very nice to meet you," I said.


"I see. Well now, we were just talking about the job," the CEO said,"Gi Kwang, please make your friend comfortable." 


Gi Kwang then pulled a chair out for me and made me sit. Then he took out a chair for himself. The girl that I thought was just a girl was Hara. Ugh. There was also another girl who lookied sort of like her, but younger.


"This young lady is also looking for the job too," the CEO said,"how old are you Miss Rin. When is your birthday?"


"I am 22 years old. My day of birth is January 23rd," I said.


"I see," he nodded,"your competitor is younger. How long you played piano?" 


"I've played piano since I was 4," I said,"so about 14 years. Its my passion." 


"That's interesting," he said,"who is your favorite composer?"


"I'm a big fan of Beethoven. He was a deaf man making beautiful pieces. I am also a fan of Yiruma, Brian Crain, Helen Jane Long, and many others. Too much to name," I smiled. 


"Are your parents music majors?" he asked.


My heart dropped as I heard the word parents. I looked at Gi Kwang and he looked at me. I felt Junhyung staring at me, so I look over and he gave me a worried look. I opened my mouth, but then closed it. I don't know what to do


"Isn't that a too personal question?" Junhyung said.


"It isn't when he wants to know," Hara glared over at me. I glared back at her.


"Yes," I looked over to the CEO,"all my hard work was for them." 


"Then you must be very dedicated," he said. 


"Yes. When there are times I feel down, my piano is there so I can play my emotions out. When there are times I can't get a piece right, I will work until I have it right," I said. 


"I see. Any other instruments that you know?" he asked.


"I've known how to play the gayageum since I was young, played clarinet in my high school's marching band, and now I'm learning the violin," I said.


"Such a musical person," he nodded,"let's have a little competition.  Who ever does well will get the job, understood?"


"Understood," I nodded.

"Now we'll be going to a theater where there is a piano," the CEO said.


We all stood up and I went quickly to open the door for everyone. I know I didn't have to, but when I was in school, I always did that for my class. For each class that I had.


"Thank you," the CEO said. 


"You're welcome," I smiled.


"Thanks," I heard Junhyung mumble. 


My face then went blank. He didn't seem mad like I thought he'd be. Hara gave me a glare along with my competitor. When they left the room, I made faces at them. Gi Kwang then made me walk in front of him.

 

"You didn't have to do that," he said.


"But I wanted to," I spoke.


"Anyways, I know you're going to do well," he patted my hair.


"Thanks," I smiled. 


We were on our way to he practice room. This time Junhyung opened the door. I stopped right in front of him and looked at him for a while. He sort of looked back at me.


"Thanks," I said. 


"Welcome," he said.


I headed in. It was a small theater. I looked around. Yeah. Small enough to fit a small audience. Was this where trainees would get judged? Then the CEO turned to us.

 

"Who will go first?" he asked.

 

"I am," my competitor said, "is that okay?"


"Yeah. I'd like to go last," I said.


"You each will compete by playing 3 songs," he said.


"Since, Miss Goo is going first., what will you play?"


"Amazing Grace, Fur Elise, and Flight of the Bumblebee," she stated.

 

"Good luck," I smiled. 


We sat down around the front. Those songs were fairly easy.  Especially Amazing Grace. This isn't much of a competition. I kmow what I will play for sure already. Just my favorite pieces. When she was done, we clapped. Some mistakes here and there, but that didn't matter.


"Next, Miss Rin," the CEO said. 


I went on the stage and bowed. If I'd known there'd be competition,  I'd dress in concert attire since I'm playing in front of an audience. Its is good to show respect for the music.

 

"I'll be playing Love Hurts by Yiruma, Turn Away by Helen Jane Long, and lastly Moonlight Sonata by Beethoven," I said.

 

I them sat down and took a breath. I began Love Hurts slowly. I touched the keys with my emotions and made it sound like I was hurt. Hurt badly by love. I played my heart because that was what I felt.  Through music you feel emotion and that's what I want them to feel. I had no mistakes in this piece and I smiled for that.

 

I then started Turn Away. Such a beautiful piece. I gave this one my full emotion. This song had another feel of hurt to it. Hurt because you had to turn away from the one you loved because whatever reason came up for you. Helen Jane Long did a good job of putting emotion into this piece. I was showing my emotion too. This song is like giving up on something or someone. Like giving up your love for that someone. Just because maybe its just for the better, but it still hurts. Again. No mistakes. It was perfect. 


Then lastly was Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata. I started well. I found it amazing how Beethoven was deaf, but just composed beautiful music. I did well until I hit the wrong key. Muy eyes widened. How? Why? Why now? But then I figured something out. I pressed that key many times and started again from that key. I put full passion to it. The way Beethoven did in playing and writing his pieces. This song is really long, so I tried my very best. I finished well except for that one mistake. 


"Wooo!" I heard Gi Kwang. 


I stood up and bowed. Gi Kwang, Junhyung,  and the CEO clapped for me. Hara and, I'm guessing, her sister look rather annoyed. I then remembered... Junhyung has never seen me perform before and this is the first time. He look shocked. Maybe since I did so well.


"Well, in this case, you know who definitely deserves the job. Well done, Miss Yang, you're hired," the CEO smiled,"welcome to Cube Entertainment. I'll be seeing more of you. You will be starting tomorrow. Please come around 7:00AM to get your contract signed and get you started."

 

"Thank you," I bowed,"I'll be here on time for you tomorrow."


"Talk to my secretary, so that she gets to know you and know that you will be coming at 7:00AM tomorrow," the CEO said.


"Yes, sir," I nodded.


"See you then," the CEO then just walked out.


I watched him go. Wow. I'm under Cube as a pianist! Because of my talent. I smiled to myself. I actually felt happy.


"Good job,  Rinnie!" Gi Kwang said,"I knew you'd do it!" 


"Thanks, Kwang!" I smiled,"all thanks to you."


Gi Kwang came over to me. I was still standing on the stage. I was going to get down by the stairs, but he stopped me. He shook his head at me.


"Just hop down," he said. I shook my head.


"No. I can't," I said.


"Why?" he asked.


"Because I'm scared," I said,"I can't."


"Then come here,"he said,"it isn't that far down."


"But still," I said. 


"Just come," he said,"I'll help you down."


He then grabbed me by my hips and helped me down. I looked up to find that we were really close. My face then became red and he slowly started getting closer. I just closed my eyes. My heart was beating fast.


"How unfortunate, that you had to come," Hara said. 


I thought they had left by now. Gi Kwang and I stopped what we were doing. We were standing apart from each other. We were both red. I then Junhyung just staring at us along with Hara.

 

"If you say so, that's your opinion on how this went. Everyone was different opinions and comments on how things go. My opinion is that this went well because of the talent and experience I have, but that's just my opinion," I said,"I don't play just any piece. I look for what has emotion, not something easy."


"My sister has talent!" she snapped.
 

"I don't really care," I said,"I could care less whether she does or not. Its emotion behind playing. Just like in paintings, poems, lyrics, singing, and rapping. Its all emotion. Shouldn't you know that?"


"Whatever. Junnie, let's go," she pulled him by his arm.


W-what!? My eyes widened as I saw them go. He turned around and looked at me, he gave me a sorry look. Then I saw Hara turn around and smirk at me. JUNNIE!?!


I hope you all liked this chapter^^~ sort of... haha. Oh Hara -.- and I want to thank each and everyone of you for subbing because it means a lot to me since you give your time to read this and even wait for me. I love all of love. I'm so grateful to have you because I'm not the best writer out there. Thank you <3